Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Bring Oculus Gallery to Quest2

On Quest1 there is a native Gallery app to view photos/videos. On Quest2 this app is missing and personal media can only be viewed through Oculus TV. The issue is with a large amount of files, OculusTV is impractical to use because you must scroll to the right to find files. Gallery allowed media to be grouped by directories. Files can be sorted in different ways with thumbnail and list view. For users with hundreds of photos and videos please either bring us Gallery or integrate the folder grouping and file sorting features into Oculus TV.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simple Parental Controls

When my 16 year old had a quest, he was using the internet and talking to online players. I did not want him to be able to do that. When we visited Best Buy, they had a demo there that a lady from Oculus showed us. We asked her about parental controls and she assured us that when we download the oculus app on our phones, we can set age restrictions, block the browser, set time limits and also block online interaction. Just do these simple things, and I will gladly let my son get a quest again.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

416 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

4. Make Beat Saber cross-buy

Now that Facebook owns Beat Games, Beat Saber should be a cross-buy compatible title. Frankly, this should’ve been announced at the same time as the acquisition.

Offering store credit to those who have already bought both versions would prevent any complaints.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please grant Quest publishing access to the game First Person Tennis by Mikori Games

I researched to find out when the game "First Person Tennis" by Mikori Games would be released on Oculus Quest and was profoundly disappointed to find that it has not been granted Quest publishing access. It is a great game on the Rift but the developer's submission for Quest publishing access was denied for unclear reasons. It is the best VR tennis game out there and is one of the main reasons that I purchased the Quest. Please reconsider granting Quest publishing access to First Person Tennis. As a tennis enthusiast, the other racket sport options (ie, Sports Scramble) are…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make a clock (alarm) app

I think a lot of people use the oculus quest in-between work, school or other activities and would like to be able to set an alarm on the quest.

Of course you can set an alarm on your phone but I've got four main reasons why it would be better to be able to set the alarm on the quest.
    1. If you use an external alarm while wearing headphones you might miss the alarm.
    2. If an alarm is ringing on your (for example) phone you need to take your headset off and turn it off and this is…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Roblox VR on oculus quest

Please put Roblox VR on the oculus quest🙏

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interactive Home Environments

I think it would make the entire experience of the Quest so much better if we could move around the home environments and interact with all the objects using realistic objects physics (and yes, the Quest should in theory be able to handle this no problem). Maybe it would be optional, so you could delete it if you need extra space?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. returning vr / party to oculus without joining facecbook

the new update requires you to log into facebook to voice chat / party invite,
    this is in my opinion a prejudice requirement for non facebook users.
    i set up a facebook account for 20 minutes then deleted it as i felt sick, it was suggesting friends to me that made me feel physically ill.
    This requirement is not fair for people who do not wish to use facebook. Or is facebook / oculus becoming a dictatorship? It also took me the 20 minutes to set security for everything after that i was just fed up with it. Whom the…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Vertical Repositioning for full-screen videos in Oculus Browser

Vertical repositioning for full-screen videos in the Oculus browser. Horizontal repositioning is allowed but not vertical, unlike on the Oculus Go, which can do both.

And yes, I know you can vertically reposition the browser, but I’m talking about when you expand the video to full-screen mode.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hebrew input method support in oculus browser

It will be really helpful to add a way to input more languages, either through the virtual keyboard or through a physical one. It’s currently the only thing limiting work with foreign language websites/document editing for required language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resize/Move Oculus TV and Oculus Browser Windows

I believe that Oculus TV and the Oculus Browser have a ton of potential as media consumption Apps. The experience is hampered by how static these windows are. It would make a huge difference to be able to resize and move the windows around (look at Virtual Desktop's implementation of this for a good example of how the feature could work).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More free games.

I have family and they want to try games without moving and I don’t feel like paying 10-20$ for a game I can play once just to show someone the capability of your device. I also want more free games to get novice users started and as is now there isn’t any fun free games or, at the very least more demos. I do wish that more of the side quest games that mind you, you don’t need a pc to run, to be on the official store for accessibility. I know you don’t want viruses but some of the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Port Duck Season To Quest?

Please port Duck Season it would be a delight to play on quest!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add apps for the following Entertainment programs...

Please work with these major companies to add apps for the following programs:

Disney+
    Hulu
    YouTube TV
    Plex
    Spotify
    Apple Music
    Google Play (Music & Movies)
    Pandora
    Audible
    TikTok

I don't understand what the hold up is on creating these apps. These are all major apps that most of your average Americans all have paid subscriptions to, so there has to be a lot of demand for them to be available to use on the Oculus Quest/Rift S headsets.

Thanks!!!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Education App Development Initiative for Quest Platform

One of the main reasons I preordered the Quest 2 was for educational value (experiences like Anne Frank House, National Geographic, Traveling While Black, Home After War, etc.). However, as I begin to look for other educational experiences, it appears that while there have been some produced that there has in general been a lull in new educational games and no major announcements of upcoming ones. There even appears to be more educational experiences for the Oculus Go platform than for the Quest. I’m thinking of cancelling my Quest 2 as it appears educational experiences is not a major development…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open Venues Beta for everyone during Facebook Connect

I just genuinely want to see how the new venues look, and I think Facebook connect would be the perfect time to open it up for everyone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base