Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Rechargable batteries

The quest controllers should have rechargable batteries like modern game consoles with an official charger. Should come with two sets so you can swap out battery packs while charging.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time

Build in a timer! The oculus is such an amazing experience that it’s easy to forget time. A build-in timer would be great to remind you taking breaks or stay focussed on the appoinments in the real world. Convienent methods dont work because you can’t hear or see them.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to Disable/Enable the Vibrate on the controllers

There are games that is fun to have the vibrate effect, and there are some just annoying and battery consume.

I would like to have the option to Enable/Disable the vibrate effect.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Legally purchased movies for offline viewing

I hope they have a VUDU or Movies Anywhere for VR app that lets you download your legally purchased movies to the Oculus Quest for offline viewing. The YouTube VR app won't let you download the videos you have purchased from the Google movie store for some reason.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Password Protect Settings Areas.

There appears to be no way to "lock away" sensitive settings and features when the Quest unit is in the hands of a someone without authority or understanding to access or alter those sensitive settings.
    Eg a child who wanders into settings and changes them.
    Possibly the "settings" button within the Quest headset VR interface might simply need a pin to access those settings that matter.
    Effectively locking away those sensitive and crucial setup settings that don't need to be accessed by those who have no idea how to use them.
    The concept of an "administrator password" best describes the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guitar Hero like game for VR

Hello, I am a big fan of your oculus quest gear. All the games are fun and interactive but I had a thought about a game that would be really cool. What about a game about playing the “ air guitar” or other musical instrument kinda of like guitar hero without the physical need for the instruments. Like beat saber mixed with guitar hero game play. Lets say you are looking down a drum set and as the game plays blocks will come towards a certain part of the instrument and you have to hit that certain drum in tune…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't cast to huwai phones

I've talked to a lot of people on Facebook. If you try to cast to a huwai phone it works for 10 seconds then freezes. Please fix it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Audio casting distortion

I own 3 Oculus Quests and they all have the same problems. One of the problems is with using the Chromecast. There is an obscene amount of audio distortion when casting. It's almost unbearable sometimes.

And yeah, this is in addition to the really low resolution video output, choppy framerate, and 2+ second delay.

It is not caused by the quality of my network as I've tried this at 5 different locations to the same effect. I even set up a dedicated access point just for this, and it did not help.

Please work on improving casting!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for bluetooth headset to make the Oculus truely wireless!

Should be able to connect to a bluetooth headset directly, this way when playing for example beat saber, it would be possible to play with high quality sound without having a wire stuck on the headset.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Social Status

Hey!

Could you please expand on the profile status like on other platforms? What i mean is allow us to sign in with different online statuses. Like Online, away, busy (i know we can mute notifications but this would be different), Appear Offline. Sometimes I just want to flail like an idiot in Beat Saber with out getting interruppted to join a session in BigScreen!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need a better head strap solution

The current solution frankly sucks, and I am yet to meet another user who doesn’t think so. The top strap doesn’t go long enough to support the excess weight of the HMD against the back of your head like the CV1 rift, the facial interface material is really unpleasant and does a poor job of distributing weight, as is I have to choose between the whole weight of the device against either my forehead, or my cheekbones, both cause a headache after just a few minutes (NOT the VR sickness kind).

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add more streaming apps.

Get more apps like vudu, Hulu, ps now, crunchy roll, xlcoud and google stadia.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FIRMWARE UPDATE

FIRMWARE UPDATE OCULUS QUEST

I heard about the oculus Quest firmware update just by chance. I have not received any notification and the instructions shown online to activate automatic updates have not been used since this function is not present on the oculus app. I had to contact the assistance that suggested I leave the Quest on for 4 hours and wait for the automatic update. Successful update!
    Would not it be better a simple notification of a new update in the menu with the choice to download it and install it immediately or later !?
    Thank you

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I love the controllers but what if they were part glove? Mqking it so you had something to grip but could make hand gestures like pointing?

I love the controllers but what if they were part glove? Making it so you still had something to grip but could make hand gestures like pointing and manually select fire mode on a rifle with your fingers instead of a button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Powerful Cloud streaming service like Stadia but for the Quest!

With the arrival of Google Stadia this year and the power of the Oculus Quest it only makes sense that the two should somehow come together. You have seen the demand for more power on the quest based on how people want their PCVR games to play on it. Having a streaming service like Stadia only makes perfect sense with a console like the Quest. And if not stadia then Oculus should develop their own service. The potential is their for VR to explode. Its just a matter of companies like oculus looking at the amazing product they created and…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wireless camera peripheral.

Offer a wireless camera peripheral that pairs with the headset similar to the controllers that can act as an optional external sensor for better controller tracking.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please put female users in consideration in designing headsets

Although the headset comes with magic tape for adjustment, which is quite long, however, the middle strap is still too long for me.
    (Asian Female)
    it affects the game experience as the headset keeps moving downwards. I feel painful and uncomfortable after a short period of playing. everything except this is amazing, please improve it, thank you so much

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. steam vr

Can steam vr get added as an app? You guys can charge for the app.
    When is new games coming?
    There seems to be very limited games so far. Maybe in the future you might want to add monthly subscription services to the Quest. 19.99 a month for unlimited gameplay from selected titles. If the game is liked, users can purchase the game.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base