Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Don't be dumb cash grabbers and actually make us be able to play steam games without a broken *** non-working BETA cable. It's not that hard

Don't be dumb cash grabbers and actually make us be able to play steam games without a broken *** non-working BETA cable. It's not that hard

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Games!

Having gotten this new system there seems to be an underwhelming amount of quality games that really allow players to immerse themselves! Build the library.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Customisable Avatars

With VR growing at the amazing rate it is and the social side of VR becoming more accessible I'd love to see more customisable avatars, clothes hairstyles etc. (maybe community made accessories aswell) as the freedom to be and look however you want in the virtual world is something that would be great👍🏻

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Oculus Quest needs some way to share accounts with multiple headsets for families to use.

I wanted to buy Oculus Quest headsets for my entire family until I learned that there is no family sharing of accounts. I do not want to purchase the same games 4 times in order for us to share multi-player so I am not buying any Oculus headsets at this time. The Quest came so close to bringing our family into VR for the first time but if we can’t share the experience as a family, we are not interested.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for Link for GTX 1650

Oculus app and link support for more cards. Currently running a GTX1650 which is unsupported.

Please add this to the base of cards supported. I am a VR developer and can't edit or create experiences directly in the editor because of this limitation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Install a VPN !

Facebook please stand by your public statement for privacy and security ! Why will you not allow any VPN to be installed on the oculus quest? A VPN is required for privacy and security reasons to protect oneself from most attacks when connected to the internet! You are stopping us from protecting ourselves from any attacks on the internet! Please install a VPN in the oculus store we can use!

Thank you

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Parental controls - lock browser

Please provide parents a way to lock the browser so kids don’t have unmonitored internet access.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feet tracking and usage for virtual locomotion

Please implement feet tracking, for example by using the signals from two small trackers attached to the users’ ankles. This would open various possibilities for fitness, rhythm and dancing games.

In addition, it might be possible to use feet tracking for virtual locomotion by translating the tracker information of a user stepping in place into virtual movement. In some games, it is possible to virtually walk by moving your hands, which lots of people prefer over teleporting and I believe moving the legs and feet would be even more immersive.
    Many users do not have much space available, therefore virtual…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You need Twitch support

Quest needs twitch support

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Launching Oculus devices in India

I think Oculus devices should be launched in India as there are many people including me who want buy it but are going to do so because of importing taxes ( 330$ ) plus shipping charges (22$) which is making double the price of Oculus Quest.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make entering passwords easier!!

I use a password manager for all my passwords. As such, they are long and complicated. Having to manually enter passwords in things like Sling under the Oculus TV app is near impossible. I have to look at my phone or computer to see the password, look back in the quest, click to capitalize or see symbols, click the characters I could remember, and go back and forth putting this in.

Allow us to log in to things via the companion app. Or utilize the method my Roku TV does, when signing in to some things it shows a URL…

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login!

Social Media is not something I will entertain and haven't done for years. Bought Quest, loved it. Found out right now that I can't add friends without facebook account. Now hate it with a passion. You truly are idiots for even thinking that was a good idea. I give it a month or I sell it. Absolutely insane to believe that everyone uses that nonsense

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase controller vibrate/rumble

The controller vibration is much too soft, and really detracts from enjoying games like Beat Saber.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Family Account system

Would like a system created to allow a Family to Share an account across multiple Quest devices, giving them the ability to also share game access without having to purchase the same title multiple times.

Example, family owns 3 Quests. Dad, Mom & Child. Family can purchase 1 copy of a game, and this is shared on all 3 devices. Allowing Dad, Mom & Child to play the game, without having to purchase 3 copies of the same game.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Publish Accessories Guidelines for Quest and Quest 2

With the removable strap design of the Quest 2 and the ease of access to 3D printing for many consumers, it would make sense to update the accessories guidelines to have the documentation for Quest 1 & 2. This will enable people to start working on potential mods even prior to the Quest 2 release. You should be doing this anyway as that page looks abandoned currently and needs some love.

https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/accessories-guidelines/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can not have facebook account how can i use my occulus?

Hello I can not have a facebook account I had one and violated some term of service which I appealed but was never contacted back about so I opened a new facebook account and with in a week it was taken down and again I appealed and was never contacted. This is in response to the new upcoming policy of occulus where you must have a face book account to use occulus head set. SO THE QUESTION IS HOW CAN I USE MY HEAD SET IF FACEBOOK WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the nose piece a little more plush

I pretty much have a normal nose, but am experiencing quite a bit of light leaking into the headset, even with the straps pulled very tightly.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Protect Oculus linked Facebook accounts from being locked

I'm hearing multiple stories of users' Facebook accounts being suspended for no particular reason (e.g. using an alias or a novelty profile pic, because they're gamers and don't use Facebook for other purposes) resulting in them losing access to their Quest and all the software they've purchased. It can take weeks for these accounts to be unlocked.

Oculus linked accounts should be protected from suspension like this and I'm appalled your company didn't have the foresight to protect against this as it's a basic common sense function. Your competitors are miles ahead with this. Accounts should also have a fast…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cover the price difference between Quest 1 & 2 for recent 1st gen owners

Myself and friends of mine have all just recently bought a Quest 1 but are shocked that it was just completely discontinued on the same day a new version was announced.

From those of us who have bought a Quest 1 recently (but not recently enough to return it), we should be given some incentive to upgrade since a lot of us now feel like we are £100 out of pocket.

I have had my Quest a month and I 100% wouldn't have bought one if I had any idea that the Quest 2 was coming out and with better…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base