Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Ambilight around the lenses for larger field of view perception (Upgrade Kit?)

One of the biggest problems of modern VR is the scuba vision feeling because of the still pretty narrow field of view.

Instead of creating complicated and expensive lenses, put a ring of led lights around the existing lenses that work as an Ambilight and extend the sensed field of view.

This might be something for a updated Oculus Quest Pro or something, but maybe it is possible to create an update kit than can be installed on the existing quest.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Electromagnetic Touch controllers for Quest S (Or future Quests)

Electromagnetic controllers can be pretty useful, especially for VR headsets like Oculus Quest with inside-out tracking, especially if you want to put your controllers behind your back or when you're shooting while looking away as these types of controllers don't rely on any sensors, inside-out or external.

Here is what I mean by these types of controllers for VR.
    https://youtu.be/03TuWOQfWWo

I hope Quest S, or future Quests if I can assume, includes these types of controllers. I am looking forward to seeing Oculus ditch the tracking ring solution for the Oculus Touch controllers and go for electromagnetic.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add 3d avatars of friends in home space

There was 3d avatars of my friends in browser tab, when making a call. Now these gone. I want to see them again, but not only in browser, i want to see them in all tabs/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 oculus link

My max upgrade for gpu is the 1050 and I have everything set up for oculus link but I don’t have the graphics card on the compatibility list and I really need something to do whilst on lockdown

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Package new headsets with lens cleaning cloth.

Being new to VR and being overly cautious with my new Oculus Quest, I found myself feeling a slight bit of anxiety when wanting to clean the lens for the first time. I was afraid of using a cloth that was too abrasive, which would damage the headset. Please consider adding an Oculus approved cloth with each new product. This would be very inexpensive and helpful to newer users with worries like my own.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dynamic controller models

The controllers in the oculus home copy the controllers in real life. Such as tilting joysticks/pressing buttons/pressing triggers/etc

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a visual setting where users can enter the perscription of their glasses

Allow users to enter the prescription of their glasses so the Quest can alter the image to compensate and remove the need for the user to wear their glasses in the headset.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hand Keyboard

Make it so that you can move the keyboard below you so you can use the controller and touch the buttons, I find my hands too shaky sometimes and lose the ability to stabilize on one button and click without it moving to another key.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove facebook login

I love the oculus quest and oculus in general but having to log on to Facebook just to play with friends like cmon what where you guys thinking I don’t know if you understand but not all people are allowed to have Facebook like just because you are twelve and Facebook lets you make a account doesn’t mean your parents do please fix this

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timer

Set notifications to take breaks or alarm clock

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Controller vibration destroys my capacity to use the oculus quest.

I have had a chronic case of carpal tunnel for over a year. I have given up all video games in which I played on my console. I decided to get a VR headset thinking beat saber wouldn’t cause me any pain as all I’m doing is swinging my arms. Turns out it is worse for my CTS than using a controller or typing this out from my phone. The vibration on beat saber is ridiculous. And playing other games aggravates my CTS as well because of the vibration. I tried wearing gloves but it really doesn’t stop the vibration…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement a low power mode that slightly drops the brightness, frame rate, and/or even the resolution for longer battery life.

Honestly I hate being in a good gaming session and then suddenly I get the prompt that the battery is low and I have to end my fun and charge the headset. For a more immersive experience which is what oculus wants us to have, it would be more than a fair trade to swap out refresh rate or some brightness or a small amount of image quality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Minimum requirements for every game to play on the link.

So if a 1050ti can handle short circuit vr we should be able to play it.

Even i saw ppl on laptop 1050ti playing "decent" half life..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An Interactive ASL app

An interactive app for learning ASL (American Sign Language) .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Parental controls - lock browser

Please provide parents a way to lock the browser so kids don’t have unmonitored internet access.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple users and devices on one account

Add the ability for multiple users and devices on one account, so that games and apps can be purchased once for all users/devices. Currently, games have to be purchased on each device.
    Adding this change will drive sales-per-household for devices instead of the one-per-household trend and allow all account users within the household to utilize games purchased on one account.
    The idea here would be similar to multiple people (up to four) playing a game on a console.
    While many multi-player games currently don't have the option to choose which online friends to play with, there are some that do…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple user profiles per headset

Not every family is made of money. It would be wonderful if there could be multiple user profiles per headset, so that each user can play the games at their own level.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Profiles For Other Users

Okay, I have to say that this system is awesome! It is one of the most fun experiences for my family. One of the big, big let downs is the fact you can't have more than one user profile! This should be a system for multiple users of different ages. Why pay for a game when I just have my kids ruin or mess with my game progress? For example, a game like Moss, which is a brilliant game. In order for my kids to play this game, they would have to continue my story and they can not have…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With the Oculus Quest set ON, written text seems to be in focus ONLY if seen through the middle part of the lens.

With the Oculus Quest set ON, written text seems to be in focus if seen through the middle part of the lens. Text falling above and below is hazy and out of focus. What is the reason please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blade and sorcery and tiny town

PLSSS BLADE AND SORCERY AND ALSO TINY TOWN PLSSS.I hope you saw this oculus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base