Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Turn the Home POD into a game!!!

I think Oculus should create a game based on their 'home' POD where your POD has a mounted gun used to defend against land and air enemies (similar to space invaders).

This could then also be a multiplayer game, where the visible PODs are manned by other players, all based in a post apocalyptic world.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make some kind of demo app for hand/finger tracking

We are all so hyped for hand tracking and really want to test it at home. Just to see the progress, it doesn't have to be great straight off the bat. Think of it like a sample, or an interactive trailer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a much softer and more comfortable Facial Interface

Now, I don't know what you changed when going from the Oculus Rift Facial Interface (original) to the Quest Facial Interface, but it's just an order of magnitude more uncomfortable to wear the Quest headset for any length of time because of how hard it feels on my face.

So, with both the included Facial Interface and replacement ones (assuming those are the same design), can you somehow figure out a design that is actually comfortable again, like the original Rift was, please.

Comfort, especially that regarding the headset pushing hard against the face, is one of the important things…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a YouTube Stream inside games

Allow a YouTube Stream inside games that I can place anywhere I want.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Support for Casting to an Apple TV

Apple TV is awesome so I would love to be able to cast directly to an Apple TV. Maybe have an Apple TV Oculus app to make it easier.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Future leg tracking using quest cameras

When the next gen quest has a stronger CPU, GPU and possibly more cameras, allow for leg tracking using some sort of recognition software similar to the Guardian system. The lower cameras can track the legs without any other leg straps or hardware.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Time Adjustment

The time in my Quest is now showing 5 hours off since I had to do yet another factory reset. There is currently no way to adjust the time after set up with out doing another factory reset. I suggest adding a way to adjust the time in the Quest in the next update. Loosing all the data in a factory reset just to get the right time is unacceptable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix 5GHz 80mhz channel width WiFi

When using 5GHz WiFi in 80mhz width, the signal pauses for a brief period of time every 3-5 minutes very consistently. If the WIFI router is set to 40mhz width this no longer happens and things are smooth. This is mostly noticeable when streaming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Official channel for 'sideloading'

Sideloading has become an important part of the Quest ecosystem. Many developers are using it to let users play games under development. It is also a way to install mods.

Currently users are required to sign up as developers and then enable developer mode in order for sideloading to work. Thousands of fake developers have signed up just to be able to sideload.

I think that Oculus should offer an alternative channel to support in-development work and mods.

One option would be to embrace sideloading in its current form, but without having to register as a developer. Like 'developer mode',…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make adjusting volume easier

Volume slider should be available right when pressing the Oculus button. Also a % indicator could also be helpful.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New games!

Some new game ideas for oculus!
    1. I think a hairstyling game might be fun, and could be useful for people trying to learn how to do certain hairstyles, like a French/ fishtail braid!
    2. It’d be cool to have a home design game where you could build/design a house!
    3. I know this is included in job simulator, but possibly a cooking game, maybe one entirely focused on cooking?
    Let me know what you think and feel free to add on with any other game ideas!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transfer from Android phones over usb-c.

Enable us to transfer files from our Android phones over usb-c.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix static noise coming from Quest mic

There is static coming from the Quest mic whenever I try to use it, and it's preventing me from being able to use the mic during games. I spoke to Rec Room devs and they said it was a Quest issue, and it has to be fixed from Oculus' end

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Retry credit card transaction (feedback button needed)

Oculus is loosing potential sales when a credit card transaction is rejected by the credit company as possible fraud.

* You need a quick feedback button to allow customers to inform you to try again (after fixing the rejection.)

Otherwise customers can wait 1-2 hours in a chat support queue, to just say Try Again. Then they may give up thinking slow support may indicate other company quality issues.

(Google searches show similar complaints from 2016; so why isn’t the ability to allow customers to inform you Conveniently fixed? Seems the company should try a focus group...to reduce the hurdles…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Android / IOS text message support through Bluetooth

The device is a wearable, like an Apple Watch. I can send and revive text and calls via my watch, I should be able to with my VR. Especially because when logged in you’re completely cut off from your “real” phone. It would be nice not to have to take my headset off every time it dings because i’m unsure if the message is important or not.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. improved padding around face

While laying on your back watching videos you can really feel the weight of the headset digging into your face after just a little while. Please consider offering thicker facial padding as an option for the quest. I’m not sure how or if it can be installed, but this could also be a decent money maker for oculus if implemented as a separate purchase or an upgrade.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it easier to sideload!

It’s heccing hard to sideload. I want those Beat Saber custom songs Oculus!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow USB Storage For More Apps & Games

I thought the 64GB model would be enough for me but it is quickly running out. It would be much more convenient if I was able to expand my storage using a USB-C flash drive, instead of having to delete apps.
    I know that having a game on an external drive could affect the performance but it should still be an option for people who don't care about that.
    Please consider, thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to cast to more

I am an innovation lab manager at CHS. We love the oculus rift s and quest. We would love to find or have a way to use the very portable quest in the class rooms. As well as be able to have all the students to see what you can see inside the headset. We currently do that with the rift s.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base