Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Wireless oculus link for quest

This is probably not going to happen soon, but I think it would be great to at least start dedicating a little bit of oculus' resources into a wireless transmitter going from hdmi/display port/USB c to a dongle on the side of the quest. If a cable works, with some effort, I'm sure this will too.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a partnership with Mojang and get Minecraft on the Quest.

Apple TV did it. It's not hard dude. Figure it out between yourselves. Minecraft on Quest is the most anticipated thing from both communities. For some reason Mojang is putting it off, but our community would appreciate it alot if you did some kind of deal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bundle the Oculus Link cable with all future Quest systems going forward

The Oculus Link cable should come bundled with all future Quest systems going forward--and I shouldn't have to explain all the good reasons why.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rechargable batteries

The quest controllers should have rechargable batteries like modern game consoles with an official charger. Should come with two sets so you can swap out battery packs while charging.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smartphone notifications mirroring

It would be nice to read notifications on your phone without taking off your headset.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add battery level to every game so you are aware when your headset will die!

Add battery level to every game so you are aware when your headset will die! Echo Arena is a popular game and it's hard to keep track of your battery life!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ergonomic tips

Notes on ergonomics: (Google translator)

It is necessary to increase the length of the vertical strap by a few mm, maybe 1 cm. I have it to the limit. PSVR has the same problem but it cannot be corrected, if I lower it enough to see the lenses centered and sharp, it hurts me. I have not tried Rift S.

It also has to have more friction at the nape, I have bought a rear padding that increases the friction so that it does not slide up gradually, which increased the pressure on the forehead and cheekbones.

Alternative facial masks…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to pull back the recording (eg, FPS vs 3rd person)

So the suggestion and the reason(s):
    Right now it seems that there is only the FPS view available for recording. While great for showing "What you see in VR," there are a couple issues that could be solved by having a 3rd person view (similar to traditional PC games) for recording.
    Reasons:
    1) Screencasting would be less nauseating with certain games. Or perhaps certain players in certain games.
    2) You can see what actually happened to you when you died/got shot (think RoboRecall and Pistol Whip)
    3) (why I'm posting to begin with) When there are tracking errors (for example…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Individual face piece

I have recently ordered an extra face piece so my wife will not have to wear a sweaty one after I workout. This is good hygiene during this pandemic. It would be great if the face piece was offered in different colors or some other way to identify one from the other. You could even offer them in game style such as BoxVR or SaberBeat etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. NATIVE STRAP REPLACEMENT

This has to happen, and waiting does Oculus no credit whatsoever. The Quest, love it as we might, is not the most comfortable VR headset around, and, in fact, is one of the most uncomfortable headsets. We’ve all tolerated that because we’ve been impressed by the fact that it’s an all-in-one system and that the thing actually works – but once that initial awe has subsided, we all end up facing the truth; it hurts to play for long. The growth of third-party comfort solutions proves this; we’ve got the VRCover facial interfaces, the AMVR facial interfaces, the somewhat ridiculous

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update Oculus Link. When we go in to oculus link and download a game we can't play it while link is disabled but the game is downloaded.

When we go in to Oculus Link and download a game we can't play it while link is disabled but the game is on the device but still have no acces to it outside the oculus link. So you guys could add that what we download from oculus link would stay on the device and could be playable while oculus link is disabled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix 5GHz 80mhz channel width WiFi

When using 5GHz WiFi in 80mhz width, the signal pauses for a brief period of time every 3-5 minutes very consistently. If the WIFI router is set to 40mhz width this no longer happens and things are smooth. This is mostly noticeable when streaming.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cloud saving

Cloud saving Steam style in all your platforms.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need a better head strap solution

The current solution frankly sucks, and I am yet to meet another user who doesn’t think so. The top strap doesn’t go long enough to support the excess weight of the HMD against the back of your head like the CV1 rift, the facial interface material is really unpleasant and does a poor job of distributing weight, as is I have to choose between the whole weight of the device against either my forehead, or my cheekbones, both cause a headache after just a few minutes (NOT the VR sickness kind).

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Modify original Oculus Quest box so it can be reused as a travel box

The quest is the most portable vr headset available, and many users will need a travel box. Oculus Quest cardboard box is a very nice and reflect the high quality standard of Oculus, but it could be even better if it could have a second life as a low cost travel box by simply adding an handle, a latching mecanism and a few minor tweaks... Let's reduce, reuse, and recycle. Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. same account on 2 headsets or purchased games on the same wifi

I'm looking to purchase a second oculus for my household, but I'm unwilling to do so if I'm required to purchase the same game twice. I should either be able to have the same account on two headsets, or be able to use the same games that have been purchased on the same wifi. As the producer of this headset/consul I believe this would be more beneficial to you and that the game producers do not get hurt by this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to stream to other Streaming Services

I’d love to be able to stream right to Twitch or YouTube not just the forced facebook only service because Facebook really gotta get in the way of everything.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom Icons for Unknown Sources

Right now, the Unknown Sources tab does not display any kind of icon for any of these apps. It would be great if you provided a way for developers to add an icon somewhere in their package so that it would appear in the list.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Oculus Link Mic issues!

This should have been a day 1 fix. Not having the Quest headset microphone work with oculus link makes it essentially impossible to play PCVR multiplayer titles with the Oculus Quest via Oculus Link.

At least make it so the oculus link software doesn't lock out other PC headset mics.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Steam

STEAM SUPPORT!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)