Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Can we get a private folder for downloaded content?

Can we get a private/lockable folder for downloaded content. I like to share my Quest, but that doesn't mean I want all my friends to access all of my media.

Also, could we do two bookmark lists for the browser? With a similar concept, a private list and a public list.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add twitch streaming

There is a way to stream on Facebook but it isn’t much of a streaming site. A twitch application would need to be added. Of course devs choice if it can be streamed

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Face parts fit for asian

I want face parts that fit asian face's skeletons, like Oculus Go.
    I would like to solve the problem of pressure on the cheekbones when fixing the Oculus Quest with a band, and the problem of extraneous light coming through the gap in front of the nose.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kiosk Mode

Kiosk Mode so we can start up the Quest with just one specific app without the user being able to exit to Oculus Home (for privacy reasons on other installed software).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bundle the Oculus Link cable with all future Quest systems going forward

The Oculus Link cable should come bundled with all future Quest systems going forward--and I shouldn't have to explain all the good reasons why.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Feet tracking and usage for virtual locomotion

Please implement feet tracking, for example by using the signals from two small trackers attached to the users’ ankles. This would open various possibilities for fitness, rhythm and dancing games.

In addition, it might be possible to use feet tracking for virtual locomotion by translating the tracker information of a user stepping in place into virtual movement. In some games, it is possible to virtually walk by moving your hands, which lots of people prefer over teleporting and I believe moving the legs and feet would be even more immersive.
    Many users do not have much space available, therefore virtual…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Timer

Set notifications to take breaks or alarm clock

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live stream to twitch

Ability to Stream Quest games directly and easily to twitch with support for chat and higher resolutions than with facebook(480p)

Gamers are on twitch and vr is the future so we need this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Real fishing

Please add more games from gear vr or the oculus go like real fishing that would be nice

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More reliable casting

Casting needs and ultra-low quality option that has less lag at like 144p. Casting needs to crash less when bumping into guardian, starting a game, and stuff like that.

Work something out with Chromecast people to make it work better, or have a special Oculus casting dongle setup.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put battery in the back to fix comfort

Quest is too front-heavy. Redesign it with the battery and possibly more in the back. I don't even want to use it because of how front-heavy it is. I'd rather use any other VR headset other than Odyssey+ over Quest for this reason. I've had DK2, Gear VR, Vive, Rift, PSVR, Odyssey+, Pimax 5K+, Vive Pro, Rift S, & Valve Index. Forehead comfort is a big Quest problem, and people shouldn't have to mod them to make them tolerable. I know people that modded on Vive deluxe audio straps AND big batteries in the back, and they said it still…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't use the "declined" section to hide feedback you don't like

Hey Oculus, sneaky trick there using the declined section to hide the fact people wanted VirtualDesktop to stay full-featured without running to a thirdparty app store.

If you thought blocking VirtualDesktop was bad, I think you'll really not like the feedback this kind of behavior will generate.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option to increase browser window height

Since websites display mobile versions in the Oculus internet browser the often expect a longer viewable area and so content can be cut off. I know there is an option till narrow the browser and that helps but I would prefer a longer wide version of the browser for less cramped viewing.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lighter weight

It's getting noticeable after 15-20 minutes of playing

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NATIVE STRAP REPLACEMENT

This has to happen, and waiting does Oculus no credit whatsoever. The Quest, love it as we might, is not the most comfortable VR headset around, and, in fact, is one of the most uncomfortable headsets. We’ve all tolerated that because we’ve been impressed by the fact that it’s an all-in-one system and that the **** thing actually works – but once that initial awe has subsided, we all end up facing the truth; it hurts to play for long. The growth of third-party comfort solutions proves this; we’ve got the VRCover facial interfaces, the AMVR facial interfaces, the somewhat…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add more streaming apps.

Get more apps like vudu, Hulu, ps now, crunchy roll, xlcoud and google stadia.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Compatability

1) oculus rooms compatable
    2)chrome compatability so it will work with upcoming Google stadia
    3) multiple accounts per headset
    4)more options to watch movies and activities with friends and family. (files from internal storage)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Time

Build in a timer! The oculus is such an amazing experience that it’s easy to forget time. A build-in timer would be great to remind you taking breaks or stay focussed on the appoinments in the real world. Convienent methods dont work because you can’t hear or see them.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Night Mode toggle on main bar

Great to see Night Mode implemented but having to go to Settings/All/Device to toggle it is a bit of an unnecessary pain when it could just be toggled on the main home screen bar. This is where the Night Mode icon appears when it’s toggled on. Why not just do it all from there?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to see Oculus provide a "puck" for tracking props or allow developers to imbed tracking tech in their props.

Vive provides pucks. Optitrack allows custom trackers imbedded in props. I'd like to see Oculus open up their tracking system to developers so we could develop trackers for props. The next best solution would be to provide something like the Vive's pucks which are clunky but they work. Having large free roam spaces without props locks us into using non intuitive hand controllers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base