Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Tour Guide Mode

The Quest is turning out to be a lot of people's first experiences with VR. I've been able to walk people through it using casting.

The weirdest part so far is explaining the IPD adjustment to someone who's never put on a VR headset before.

Having the ability to somehow interact with what people are seeing, or talk to them through headphones, or pull up specific apps/YouTube videos would be nice.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for more chromecasts

There are more chromecast casting support than just chromecast gen 3 and ultra like built in tvs, gen 1&2, some players like xiaomi mi box.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. desktop

Allow Desktop casting from a standard windows device without third party apps. Basically the Oculus only has to work as a second screen with touch input.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Casting without so much delay

The Delay on casting ruin the experience for the ones watching you, so an improvement on the casting would be great, and if you had the option to cast directly to the Chromecast, without using the phone, maybee the delay will be smaller if you skip that step.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable super sampling, without having to use developer mode.

Allow super sampling for textures from within system menu, and make it persistent after rebooting the Quest. Currently Developer mode is required to activate super sampling via powershell, and it reverts back to standard after reboot.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Have a volume control in the Home Menu Bar.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Install a VPN !

Facebook please stand by your public statement for privacy and security ! Why will you not allow any VPN to be installed on the oculus quest? A VPN is required for privacy and security reasons to protect oneself from most attacks when connected to the internet! You are stopping us from protecting ourselves from any attacks on the internet! Please install a VPN in the oculus store we can use!
    Thank you

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need a better head strap solution

The current solution frankly sucks, and I am yet to meet another user who doesn’t think so. The top strap doesn’t go long enough to support the excess weight of the HMD against the back of your head like the CV1 rift, the facial interface material is really unpleasant and does a poor job of distributing weight, as is I have to choose between the whole weight of the device against either my forehead, or my cheekbones, both cause a headache after just a few minutes (NOT the VR sickness kind).

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Steam

STEAM SUPPORT!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real weather and time

I think on the home screen, real outside weather and real time would be great. Also being able to customize the room your in at the home screen.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cloud saving

Cloud saving Steam style in all your platforms.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow GearVR & GO 3dof remotes to work with the Quest. Great for Netflix/Movie viewing.

Allow the 3DOF Remotes for the GearVR and the Oculus GO to be used with the Quest in 3DOF mode for media viewing. The GearVR remote is easy and cheap to find and does not require any line of sight to work. Long battery life and small form factor is perfect for watching Netflix / SkyBox / Movies / YouTube / Etc. in low light / no light situations you won't be able to use your hands so a 3DOF Gear VR / Oculus Go remote is the perfect solution.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cast DIRECTLY to Chrome cast WITHOUT going thru phone

The Oculus Quest should be able to cast DIRECTLY to a Chrome Cast ultra and not have to cast to a phone first. Right now the quest sendswifi to phone then phone sends wifi to chrome cast then chrome cast sends signal to TV. OF COURSE there is a huge delay. Cut out the phone part. You don’t have to cast directly to a tv but at LEAST cast directly to chrome cast!!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. automatic app updates, more visable firmware updates

Need a button/setting to allow for automatic updates, or at least a notification on my phone that lets me confirm a update. I hate how the headset will update on its own without me knowing anything (i could be super out of date and have no clue) meanwhile i have to go and manually update each app often as they get updates.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spotify Integration

It would be great to add a Spotify like the new Spotify Stations app that you can pull up in any game you are in.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spiderman Far From Home Vr

I have Spiderman on my ps4 and it works great but, I think the quest will take full advantage with the 6 degrees of movement and the portability, if showing to friends and family.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have an option for those with only one hand/arm

I have limited use of my right hand. I can get by with most things, but occasionally I'll have to swap controllers or use my left fingers/thumb on the controls of the right controller. It can be an awkward experience.

I know this might be impractical for some games, but for those of us with limited use or limb loss, it would be great to still be able to play with the option of 1 vs 2 handed controls.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

A section of known issues on the website, app, or in the settings section of the HMDs with progress statuses (Known, In Progress, Finished)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add information on my play time per game.

... and let me sort my library by it (as an option).

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share exactly what I am seeing to another Quest.

It's hard to find time to play because it requires I neglect my family. However, if I bought another Quest and my wife were able to see and experience what I am seeing, then it would make it easier to play and you would sell more headsets. I could play games with storylines, and it'd be like watching a VR movie for her. She'd actually want me to play if this were possible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base