Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Spotify Integration

Spotify integration so you could listen to your own music during gameplay.
    Imagine playing Superhot with some blood pumping music? It'd not only far improve the experience, but it'd help with those that prefer to listen to podcasts during tedious tasks. (Such as in Racoon Lagoon)

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need good parental controls

Really in need of Good parental controls like on iPhone.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limit the number of Oculus Quests one person can purchase to improve distribution until the stock shortages are resolved

In light of the limited stocks and the current global situation where many people are stuck in quarantine, it would be a big gesture of Oculus to assist in helping to get VR into the hands of as many people as possible. This includes individuals stuck in quarantine, educators, researchers, etc.

There are major issues of distribution with a significant number of units being snapped up by resellers and scalpers, resulting in many units stuck in the warehouses of these non-users. As of this writing, there are 5169 listings for "Oculus Quest" + Condition = "New" and 2471 listings for…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hugh’s ideas for games

Hi, my name is Hugh is I am 6 years old. I love playing games on the VR you made for my daddy. I really would like 2 new games- A space pirate game for Star Wars where Lord Vader wants to get the golden jewel for the middle of his sword. And when you put it in you get the ability for ice. I also would also like a Power Ranger Dino charge game. Where I can be the red ranger and all the other rangers are computers. And make sure to add the Dino chargers, Energems, and the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Oculus link work with full color range inside Steam VR

Right now using Oculus Link to play Steam VR games outputs a limited RGB color range (16-235) to the Quest display, this causes washed out colors and low contrast overall. Please change this to use the Full RBG color range (0-255) so we can use the display on our devices to it's full capacity.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Family accounts multiple devices

Can we set up multiple user on one device? It’s unfortunate that a family can’t buy two devices and share games. That is price gauging in my opinion. I might not have bought two if I knew that.

Please answer my questions

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More Games!

Having gotten this new system there seems to be an underwhelming amount of quality games that really allow players to immerse themselves! Build the library.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make entering passwords easier!!

I use a password manager for all my passwords. As such, they are long and complicated. Having to manually enter passwords in things like Sling under the Oculus TV app is near impossible. I have to look at my phone or computer to see the password, look back in the quest, click to capitalize or see symbols, click the characters I could remember, and go back and forth putting this in.

Allow us to log in to things via the companion app. Or utilize the method my Roku TV does, when signing in to some things it shows a URL…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You need Twitch support

Quest needs twitch support

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Minecraft vr

Please bring Minecraft VR to the oculus quest

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the nose piece a little more plush

I pretty much have a normal nose, but am experiencing quite a bit of light leaking into the headset, even with the straps pulled very tightly.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Feet tracking and usage for virtual locomotion

Please implement feet tracking, for example by using the signals from two small trackers attached to the users’ ankles. This would open various possibilities for fitness, rhythm and dancing games.

In addition, it might be possible to use feet tracking for virtual locomotion by translating the tracker information of a user stepping in place into virtual movement. In some games, it is possible to virtually walk by moving your hands, which lots of people prefer over teleporting and I believe moving the legs and feet would be even more immersive.
    Many users do not have much space available, therefore virtual…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase controller vibrate/rumble

The controller vibration is much too soft, and really detracts from enjoying games like Beat Saber.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Install a VPN !

Facebook please stand by your public statement for privacy and security ! Why will you not allow any VPN to be installed on the oculus quest? A VPN is required for privacy and security reasons to protect oneself from most attacks when connected to the internet! You are stopping us from protecting ourselves from any attacks on the internet! Please install a VPN in the oculus store we can use!

Thank you

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable co-located muiplayer support

Oculus has demonstrated this functionality before at OC5 (https://youtu.be/QJXpHp_iQF4) but I haven't heard anything about it since. As a developer, I'd love to experiment with this functionality. This is one main thing VR has been lacking for years and now we have a headset capable of doing it but no software support.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CASTING WITHOUT CHROMECAST!

Cast without buying Chromecast! SmartTV, same WI-FI, Quest headset...CONNECT! DONE!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Voice enabled search

The keyboard actually works very nicely but would definitely be convenient and efficient to have voice enabled search in home and browser. Would also be great for leaving reviews in the store.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Linux Support for Oculus Link

Please consider providing Linux support for the Oculus Link.

With the increasing number of native Linux builds on SteamVR and the current stability of Steam's wine powered Proton compatability layer for Windows games, the ability to use Oculus Link on Linux has become attractive.

At minimum, the production of documentation useful to the Open Source community providing the means for a third party implementation would be greatly appreciated -- beyond the general overview currently provided:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/how-does-oculus-link-work-the-architecture-pipeline-and-aadt-explained/

If the official stance from Oculus is to not support Linux, at least give us the opportunity to support ourselves with your help.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add twitch streaming

There is a way to stream on Facebook but it isn’t much of a streaming site. A twitch application would need to be added. Of course devs choice if it can be streamed

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow user to reposition the keyboard

I originally thought I was missing something, but upon contacting Support, was told that it's true: There is currently no way to reposition the onscreen keyboard, while in VR. Reference: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/1078847

This is an inexplicable omission - especially since the keyboard often (usually?) overlays content which should be visible.

See screenshots, enclosed below: In many (most?) cases, the in-VR keyboard obscures either the data being entered (e.g. WiFi password), or at least a portion of the resulting content (e.g. search results).

The desired enhancements are two-fold:

First, the default keyboard location should be where the main interface toolbar is located…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base