Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Password Protect Settings Areas.

There appears to be no way to "lock away" sensitive settings and features when the Quest unit is in the hands of a someone without authority or understanding to access or alter those sensitive settings.
    Eg a child who wanders into settings and changes them.
    Possibly the "settings" button within the Quest headset VR interface might simply need a pin to access those settings that matter.
    Effectively locking away those sensitive and crucial setup settings that don't need to be accessed by those who have no idea how to use them.
    The concept of an "administrator password" best describes the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to have more buttons for the oculus gallery, like be able to share videos to dropbox, google photos, your monile device, etc.

I feel like the oculus gallery should have more buttons like for example, share to dropbox, google photos, your mobile device, etc. It would be helpful for others and for people who dont use facebook!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Guitar Hero like game for VR

Hello, I am a big fan of your oculus quest gear. All the games are fun and interactive but I had a thought about a game that would be really cool. What about a game about playing the “ air guitar” or other musical instrument kinda of like guitar hero without the physical need for the instruments. Like beat saber mixed with guitar hero game play. Lets say you are looking down a drum set and as the game plays blocks will come towards a certain part of the instrument and you have to hit that certain drum in tune…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can't cast to huwai phones

I've talked to a lot of people on Facebook. If you try to cast to a huwai phone it works for 10 seconds then freezes. Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove battery from headset, use battery modules

Perhaps for a Quest 2.0, or any new headset that would have a detached mode, batteries on headset are a hidrance:
    - front-heavy
    - limited capability
    - added heat
    - can't hot swap

If you remove the battery from the headset and go for a module-based, hot swappable solution, all these problems are solved. These modules could be hooked onto the back of the strap, to help counterbalance weight, or even be put on a holster or bag and strapped to belts or a vest. You could even sell a vest or a hoslter that would hold several battery modules…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. USB Wifi or Oculus 5G Router for VR Streaming (like "Snapdragon 855 - HTC Hub 5G")

USB Wifi or Oculus 5G Router for VR Streaming & Horizon social features

I saw the Portal product from Facebook, why not include some hardware (like "Snapdragon 855 - HTC Hub 5G") in these products to let us...

- Watch Family Pictures, Videos from Cloud (in standby mode as Portal)
    - Webcam to make Mixed Reality Capture / Whatsapp video call / Horizon social features / Body Tracking ? / Social (webcam) Horizon Téléportation
    - 5G or Wifi 6 Router with Snapdragon 855 to help Quest Encode/Decode
    - Cloud Streaming optimization, USB over IP, Bluetooth with no latency & other…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Social Status

Hey!

Could you please expand on the profile status like on other platforms? What i mean is allow us to sign in with different online statuses. Like Online, away, busy (i know we can mute notifications but this would be different), Appear Offline. Sometimes I just want to flail like an idiot in Beat Saber with out getting interruppted to join a session in BigScreen!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. NASA ISS App

FYI, by far the best content I have found is the NASA ISS app. Wow. That's the one I demo for all my friends. I want to explore places and things (and places without dragons and cute little animals). The places can be real or imaginary, but they must be rich in detail. We need more content like this.

BTW, in the ISS app they really need to implement two handed movement to change orientation of the view; it would really up the immersion if they did.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ceramic coated lenses

Can we please either get a stick on lens cover thats ceramic coated or perhaps add it to the lenses themselves for the next generation. A super hydrophobic coating will not allow liquid or dust to stick to the surface of glass, paint or automotive plastics and lasts between 1 - 5 years depending on the quality of the coating used. There are tons of youtube videos that explain it better than I can and give examples.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Classical music for Beat Saber?

Years ago there was a collection of music called "Hooked on Classics". It was classical music with a beat. I think it would work great with Beat Saber! Beethoven, Mozart and more! I love Beat Saber, but some of the songs aren't appealing to this baby boomer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Range extension package

Please offer some type of range extension package. Maybe like a belt or fannypack type of device that can hold an external battery.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

Copy/pasted with kind permission from the Oculus Rift section.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stream sound to hifi system for surround sound when watching movies

Please include a way to stream audio to hifi system for true surround sound while watching movies on the Quest. Even if users don't have a 5.1 speaker setup, streaming audio to a hifi system with a pair of stereo speakers is a much better option than listening to the audio through the Quest's speakers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix and Improve

I think that we should be pushing companies to make their VR games for the quest. The loss of the outside sensors can make you feel free, but the system is lacking in the amount of games that is putting out is less than ideal. Games like Duck Season, FNAF VR, Budget Cuts, Rick and Morty Virtual Rickality, and even Tabletop Simulator, NEED TO BE PORTED. If the constant flow of major VR titles keep being ported to the quest, it will make people less afraid to buy a system that uses it's own software, and doesnt run windows. The…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Correction of the center of gravity of the device

At the moment the center of gravity of the device is located in the frontal part, that causes that the viewfinder continually depletes down, moving the point of clarity of the lens and causing that it is blurred, constantly you have to readjust the viewfinder due to the weight frontal. My suggestion is to improve the ergonomics of the viewfinder in its next generation and the center of gravity to compensate the frontal weight, a good option would be to add the battery in the back of the device.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to open multiple windows

I don't like when you open virtual desktop and to you have to quit it to open something else

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Elite Dangerous is a must have

In PC VR is one of the most played games in hours of gameplay terms. People backs for to play Elite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Glove

How about a virtual reality glove?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Oculus next headset

I love my Oculus Quest, really. It's the portability that win it over for me over the tethered Rift S, even though I already have a fairly powerful PC (I7 9700K and GTX 1070). But as a compact standalone, it inevitably lacking in power which mean it's selection of games and apps are also limited in some ways compared to a full PC. So I suggest that Oculus next headset should combine both Rift and Quest feature. It mean's you can plug it in to play a SteamVR games, but you can also detach it, carry it with you on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Universe sandbox VR to Oculus quest

If anything I would really want this game and if it does happen I will cry with happiness and Universe sandbox VR will be something I'd go back to everyday pleas try to get this on the store

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base