Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Teaching through VR

My name is Joshua. I am a Youth Transition Coordinator for a nonprofit that works with persons with disabilities. We strive to help people with disabilities be as independent as possible. I would love to see applications with the Oculus Quest that can help those with disabilities develop independent living skills, perhaps through different simulated platforms. These are just ideas I have. I have an Oculus Quest and am trying to find ways to work with our youth aged people with disabilities.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox support

Be able to stream Xbox to quest with a first party app. The other option would be to release a hdmi to usbc capture card that allows a user to connect any gaming system directly to the quest.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Phoenix Wright-styled games!

I think games like the "Ace Attorney" series would be improved by adapting them to VR.
    Being able to interact with crime scenes/evidence, be immersed in the settings, and gesture and yell in court would be a fantastic experience with relatively minimal development stresses.

Even if it isn't the "Phoenix Wright" brand, these kinds of mystery/visual novel games would be really impressive to see translated to VR. Hopefully as the platform grows, developers can start making these more niche games and showing off the medium's potential.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The tutorial should allow casting

The tutorial with the dancing robot and everything should allow casting

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Apple airplay support ..

Be able to activate airplay on quest .. puts you in a room like Facebook watch but you are able to send any Mac Device to the oculus quest using airplay. Would be easy to watch content from a MacBook Pro or iPhone.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sit in a virtual copy of my room with another quest user by mapping my room to gaurdian with panoramic camera.

Map my play space with guardian.

Take a panoramic image with oculus app and overlay on guardian.

Share mapped space with another quest user.

Sit together in my living room with a user who is miles away.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Gallery - Cubemap Support

The gallery needs built-in cubemap support. Just like the 360 Photos app used to on Gear VR.

Cubemaps (& Stereo cubemaps) are one of the industry standards and, whilst not always being easy to edit, have many advantages over spherical mapping types.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open links in a new tab in oculus browser.

Please let us open links in a new tab in the oculus browser.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Oculus medium

Putting Oculus medium, or other types of art programs on the quest would be fantastic. being able to just pull it out wherever you are with a stroke of inspiration.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Vertical Repositioning for full-screen videos in Oculus Browser

Vertical repositioning for full-screen videos in the Oculus browser. Horizontal repositioning is allowed but not vertical, unlike on the Oculus Go, which can do both.

And yes, I know you can vertically reposition the browser, but I’m talking about when you expand the video to full-screen mode.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

414 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

13. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base