Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Bring native social features (Rooms, Venues) to Quest

The Quest does not have any native social features.

The Go has Rooms and Venues, and the Rift (S) has Home. We have to rely on third-party apps to hang out with friends even though Facebook owns Oculus.

Bring Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues to the Quest!

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! Venues launched on Oculus Quest last month! Keep an eye on the Oculus blog (oculus.com/blog) for announcements about upcoming Venues events. I’m marking this idea as ‘Started’ since there are additional asks listed here. See you all in Venues on Quest!

2. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vertical Repositioning for full-screen videos in Oculus Browser

Vertical repositioning for full-screen videos in the Oculus browser. Horizontal repositioning is allowed but not vertical, unlike on the Oculus Go, which can do both.

And yes, I know you can vertically reposition the browser, but I’m talking about when you expand the video to full-screen mode.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sit in a virtual copy of my room with another quest user by mapping my room to gaurdian with panoramic camera.

Map my play space with guardian.

Take a panoramic image with oculus app and overlay on guardian.

Share mapped space with another quest user.

Sit together in my living room with a user who is miles away.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please grant Quest publishing access to the game First Person Tennis by Mikori Games

I researched to find out when the game "First Person Tennis" by Mikori Games would be released on Oculus Quest and was profoundly disappointed to find that it has not been granted Quest publishing access. It is a great game on the Rift but the developer's submission for Quest publishing access was denied for unclear reasons. It is the best VR tennis game out there and is one of the main reasons that I purchased the Quest. Please reconsider granting Quest publishing access to First Person Tennis. As a tennis enthusiast, the other racket sport options (ie, Sports Scramble) are…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Oculus Rooms a location in Facebook Horizons

Make Oculus Rooms a location in Facebook Horizons

This being available on Go only meant it never had a full chance.

As part of a wider ecosystem I think it could be a very popular attraction for the many that want to play tabletop games in VR with friends and strangers.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oculus medium

Putting Oculus medium, or other types of art programs on the quest would be fantastic. being able to just pull it out wherever you are with a stroke of inspiration.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Xbox support

Be able to stream Xbox to quest with a first party app. The other option would be to release a hdmi to usbc capture card that allows a user to connect any gaming system directly to the quest.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Netflix with Friends - Watch Together

Might we please have Oculus execs work out some kind of deal with Netflix, where if two friends both have subscriptions to Netflix, they could watch Netflix together in a room? I realize this would take some effort on Netflix's behalf, but the app is already one of the most popular/watched on the Oculus Quest. It seems easy to understand, from my point of view, it would only increase subscription rates for Netflix and purchases of the Oculus Quest from Oculus by people wanting to connect and watch with friends far away.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apple airplay support ..

Be able to activate airplay on quest .. puts you in a room like Facebook watch but you are able to send any Mac Device to the oculus quest using airplay. Would be easy to watch content from a MacBook Pro or iPhone.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Venues with NO Facebook linking

I know this is sacrilege: I LOVE the Quest (and Oculus), but I am not a huge fan of Facebook. I understand Facebook owns Oculus, but why do I need to link my facebook account to access Venues? Seems really invasive of my privacy!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Catch up on live events in Oculus Venues

Most of the live events on Venues are PST time which doesn’t allow all users to access them at convenient times.

Would it be possible to add a catchup mode to Venues to allow content to be available via streaming or download to the device for a week before being removed?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don’t shut down Rooms but make it worthwhile

Oculus Rooms is the start of exactly what I want in VR, but it is unsurprising that it isn’t doing well because it is incomplete (and not on Quest).

Rooms needs the ability to access any media instead of the extremely limited set it currently has. Instead of only having a limited set of games, Rooms also needs generic game pieces (cards, dice, pawns, the ability to load an image onto the table top, etc.) so that people can play whatever they want. And Rooms needs to come to the Quest.

There’s little point in wasting time on Horizon if…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open links in a new tab in oculus browser.

Please let us open links in a new tab in the oculus browser.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stereoscopic 3D support in Oculus TV

Some Android apps, like RetroArch, have taken to splitting the screen to display stereoscopic 3D content for Google Cardboard viewers. My idea is that these old Cardboard apps should also work in Oculus TV if Oculus would just add a stereoscopic 3D option.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to have the option to open multiple browser tabs and place them around my room, like multiple monitors.

Open multiple browser tabs and set them around the room for easy multi-tasking, like multiple monitors that you can interact with by looking or walking towards them if there are many.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Watch 3D DVD / Blu-Ray disk movies from PC

I can pop a DVD or Blu-Ray movie in my PlayStation and watch it on TV. I'd like to be able to pop one into my PC (on the local area network) and watch it on the Quest. ESPECIALLY 3D movies. The 3D format, which failed on TVs, is much more compelling on and a natural fit for VR.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Netflix improvements: +10 & -10 seconds buttons and more

Rewind & forward buttons.

Curved screen like VR Desktop, with the lens curvature.

¿Does have 60 FPS with anti chromatic aberration filter? More battery

Screen overclock to 75 Hz for PAL european content (25 FPS) with no juddering

71.928 FPS mode for NTSC content with no juddering

When someone usually watches videos on 71.976/75 Hz monitors, suddenly have super perception to judder, but most of TVs are 60 Hz, so this would be advantages for to play multimedia on Oculus devices.

By default multimedia players applyes pull down 2:3 forcing judder, then 71.928/75 FPS modes should don't appy pull down.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teaching through VR

My name is Joshua. I am a Youth Transition Coordinator for a nonprofit that works with persons with disabilities. We strive to help people with disabilities be as independent as possible. I would love to see applications with the Oculus Quest that can help those with disabilities develop independent living skills, perhaps through different simulated platforms. These are just ideas I have. I have an Oculus Quest and am trying to find ways to work with our youth aged people with disabilities.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Native music app for locally stored music files

A simple music player/ streamer. I can play music on my phone while I'm web browsing or looking at photos. It would be good if I could do the same on the Quest. The app could even have a 3D visualisation mode, for when you really want to immerse yourself in the music. I'm picturing a psychedelic nightmare pulsating and transforming in time with the music.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base