Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fix pairing of arbitrary bluetooth devices.

Being a developer, I would love to able to pair any bluetooth device to my Quest for fun experiments, but there is currently a bug that you cannot enter a PIN because the keyboard does not appear when you click the text field.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple avatars on one account

I bought 2 quests for my family and was going to buy 2 more so that all my family could use them at the same time - either in multiplayer mode on one game if supported or each playing different games at the same time - because of the way you manage accounts it's impossible ! You can't play multiplayer games together at all and when one person is playing a multiplayer game with a remote player, if the other quest is active, regardless of what they're doing, multiplayer doesn't work ! This is down to the way the quest…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guardian color zones

I would like to highlight some guardian zone with colorcodes.

In all our houses we have different limits, in some case, we have a bed(low), some other a wall, in other a television. I have no problem in passing the wall near the bad, but I still want to know that I cannot walk there, with the television, I want to be sure I am not going to pass through that and knowing it with a color code will be easier even to realize where we are in the room and if we have to be more careful in the…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Major controller tracking issues ):

Good afternoon! Love the oculus quest products at least up until the latest update. Now any game that requires vigorous swinging for example beat saber or ninja legends, tracking for at least one controller gets lost immediately.Making all the games that I like to play unplayable. Please tell me this is something you are working on to resolve the issue. I’ve seen multiple reviews reflecting the same issue. Thank you for your time

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Settings to disable microphone and record mic audio in videos

There should be an option to disable the mic completely. The user could be alerted with an on screen mute icon when the mic level indicates the user is speaking.
    And why don't videos record the mic? This should be an option. A setting to adjust the mix between mic and game would be handy.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No- and Low-Vision Accessibility Options

An option to increase the font size or text-to-speech feature would definitely help users who are visually impaired from a disability or have low vision. This would also help with seniors who have depleted vision. These demographics should have easier access to such a great device. They should not be excluded.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nintendo Switch style recording function that records the past 30 seconds

I'd love a feature that allowed you to press a button on the controller (perhaps press and hold on the left controller pause button) and save the last 30 seconds of gameplay. I can't tell you how many times something funny happened in VRchat or another game where I wished I had been able to ********* camera. With the Switch style recording function, I could just hit the save button. This could of course be a supplementary option to the preexisting recording functionalities.

Thanks in advance!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add option to engage passthrough for hands crossing the guardian, and not just the head

I find that most property damage from VR is associated with a stray hand leaving the play area and connecting with some furniture, or a screen of some sort. Rarely is it from a player walking headfirst out of the play area.

I would love an option to have passthrough also activate if my hand crosses the guardian boundary, as well as my head. I would only use it for certain games (beatsaber, GORN - if it's ported), but it would be most appreciated.

I'm deeply grateful for the use of these forums to connect with consumer needs, this is…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to adjust World Scale

I have an IPD of 67 and am 1,9m tall( i guess this info might play a role).

Whenever i use the Quest everything looks too small and this also messes with my depth perception(like the passthrough mode).

No matter which IPD setting i use - the World always looks too small.

When i then use any other Headset everything looks huge and out of proportion for a few seconds, until it feels right again.

Please let us adjust this scaling as a global option. It just doesn't feel right for me :(

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select left/right eye for video recording.

Let us toggle left/right eye for video recording. With shooting games, I guess most of us are aiming with the right eye but this can't be seen on default recording.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow mic audio in recodings

When recording video on quest allow the user to have mic audio in the recording

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio Balance control

I have a partial hearing loss in one ear. A pretty basic request would be for an audio L-R balance control This would help not only for hearing loss but also any audio device(headphones) that is not perfectly balanced with the outputs. Many games rely on audio cues, like the dojo in Vader. This becomes near impossible to get good at if your hearing is not linear. Should be fairly basic & easy to implement on a system level, just like a volume control.

If it is already on the headset & I just missed it, how to access this…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the Audio Mirroring for Quest+Link

Please fix the issue using Link, where audio can only play through the headset OR the computer but not both at the same time. There is an option in the Oculus software called "Hear VR audio from Computer" which is supposed to mirror the audio, but it does not work for Quest+Link.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. no more fade to black on passthrough when walking away!

I want to leave my headset on while I go grab a drink from the kitchen, I cannot do that as my headset blacks out between my play area and my kitchen... I find this quite frustrating! There is no technical reason that the pass through cameras cannot work indefinitely. Please allow the user to disable the fade to black and simply show the user a warning 'not to do anything stupid like drive a car' while wearing the headset.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Passthrough mode improvements

The new on demand passthrough mode is excellent! Just what sooo many people had hoped for. A few suggestions to make it even better:

• It seems that when you enter back into the VR experience from passthrough on demand the room is re-centred, this is not ideal during a bunch of games (beat saber, richies plank experience) especially if it is accidentally triggered when swapping the headset to another user. Ideally passthrough on demand wouldn’t have any impact on the preset centre of the play space.

• a slider for adjusting the sensitivity of the double tap activation. I think the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Objects entering guardian

Guardian should activate when any movement occurs within the guardian eg a child or pet walks in front of you.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please revert the home screen position, the last update (11?) Made it half the distance and half the size , it feels claustrophobic to use

The new closer and smaller home screen is way too close, in the huge home room the screen now feels about 5 feet away and i always feel i want to back away from it. The home screen browser was my favourite place to surf, now i can't bear to use it

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Software IPD Adjust on Quest 2

Please add software ipd adjust on top of the hardware solution to improve quality (stereo effect and chromatic aberration) for people that fall in between or slightly out of the 58/63/68mm of the hardware iPd adjustment.

This way we would get a good enough hybrid of quest 1 and rift s in terms of adjustment :)

Sadly there isn’t a quest 2 page on here yet, so I hope that this idea still finds a few people that vote on it :)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a similar "half pass through" and pass through modes like the "greel lines" mode of the Vive Cosmos

I'm currently crosstesting a Vive Cosmos.

There are 2 things about their pass through on demand that are very useful and which I would like to see in the Quest too in some ways.

1.) Half Pass through: The virtual view gets faded out a bit and the pass though image gets added to it.

2.) Other pass through modes: Beside the camera view the Cosmos offers a "green lines" mode. In this mode you don't see the camera image, but the borders of your RL environment.

I absolutely love this combination to sort myself in my room while playing…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base