Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Better Quality While Casting To A Phone

Make it less laggy when you cast to a phone or any device. Also bump up the quality of the casting.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “Car Ride” mode

Was trying to play in my dad’s truck while going out of town, wasn’t the best experience.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issue with volume buttons not working to confirm power off

When I attempt to turn off the Quest, it says I can use the volume buttons to "click". However, I have not been able to do this and have to pick up the touch controls to confirm power off.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guest/demo account

Have a guest/demo account that doesn't use saved data so you don't have to reset games every time you show someone new.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to keep device on and not confirm guardian for Developer Mode

It's really annoying when you are trying to develop on the Quest to have to confirm the guardian again every time you look through the device.

It usually goes like

Pick up device
    Confirm guardian
    Look as result in Oculus Browser
    Put device down
    Save changes
    Pick up device
    CONFIRM GUARDIAN AGAIN
    Refresh Oculus Browser

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to disable the walls of the guardian, as with Rift

It would be great to just have the floor outline of my guardian boundary. The walls are an immersion breaking issue.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. YouTube recording and streaming without pc

Allow YouTube recording, streaming, and posting without a pc and from the quest itself

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable windows on Passthrough+ when outside Guardian boundaries

Right now, when you enter Passthrough+, you get an unobstructed view of the outside world. But if you step outside your guardian boundaries, a window pops up for you to reset them.

The behavior I'd like:

• No interface should pop up at any time till you double-tap to return.

• Double-tapping to return inside your guardian brings you back to your game

• Double-tapping to return outisde your guardian brings up the window to change your playspace

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Background music for Oculus Quest

I got a little idea. Why not add background music directly from Spotify (Or any other music distribution service you can think of) to the Quest headset? That way we can hear our song playlists while we're inside the game. (I would highly recommend turn the game's music down to 0 if you want to hear background music without hearing in-game music)

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to organize Apps in library

Currently there is a lack of options for organizing your apps. Will there be a future update to remedy this? As of now its a complete mess to sort through every time you turn on the quest and go to your library. Is there an option to sideload an app to see your library organized? Perhaps give us an ability to sort via category or folder? or at least let us organize the order ourselves.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for Manual Firmware Updates

It's frustrating trying to guess when the next update will be available on my device, and the "Check for Updates" button hasn't helped in the slightest. It would be great if we had the option to update to the latest firmware instantly during any point in the roll-out.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unity API access: Passthrough camera & tracked points of insight for developer on Quest !

We are hundred, (thousand ?), of developers on the Quest. And we all hope to play around with the pass through cameras and the Quest Insight tracking system. But surprisingly, there is no API about it !

Could the Oculus team act about it.

If it is a close beta functionally, where developers need to apply to have access to it ?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Draw in hanging obstacles to guardian (RIP ceiling lamp).

Draw in obstacles using guardian in any xyz plane. So i know where my semi flush pendant lamp is at all times.

Also give option to have drawn in obstaclr always visible and set transparency level from 0 to 100%.

If I spike the lamp one more time my wife is gonna confiscate my quest.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Facebook Live streaming directly to Facebook Pages

Currently you can only stream live on Facebook to your personal fb account. I’d like the ability to stream directly to my Gaming Video Creator Facebook Page.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Touch Controllers as gamepad input. (Emulators on Oculus TV)

Some 2D android apps, like Emulators require the use of a gamepad. Allowing the Oculus TV app to translate Touch input to Gamepad input would solve this issue.

Perhaps a gaze based toggle button to avoid conflicts of losing pointer / trigger input.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Have a volume control in the Home Menu Bar.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to offset the floor rotation (up to 90 degrees). This would allow handicapped users to lay down and play.

I have a handicapped friend who would like to be able to play games, however, they spend much of their time on a bed rotated 45 degrees or so, making this difficult. If the world rotation could be offset manually at the core, this would open up many doors for them.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cast without wifi.

I don't have wifi and therefore can't cast to my phone. Can we get the ability to cast directly to devices, eliminating the need for wifi?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it easier to share videos recorded on the device on FB without having to sideload to your computer.

Make it possible to share videos recorded on the device on FB/social without having to sideload to your computer. Make these video recordings accessible through the companion app, where you can post them from your phone where ever you like. Maybe even turn on a photo/video selection box when you're using FB or whatever through the browser. I still haven't figured out how to share a screen recording without having a PC.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix pairing of arbitrary bluetooth devices.

Being a developer, I would love to able to pair any bluetooth device to my Quest for fun experiments, but there is currently a bug that you cannot enter a PIN because the keyboard does not appear when you click the text field.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base