Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Manual Guarding/Grid Adjustment

It would be so nice if you could adjust the guardian setting:

• make the grid wider

• change the hight of the grid

• transparency & color

and make an option that not the whole grid appears, when I come across an obstacle. It is realy distracting, when the whole thing comes popping up every time.

Look at the options that valve is using in their steamVR grid.

Or please add a function, where I can use the steamVR grid, when playing via Oculus Link!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. fall protection

I have seen videos of people falling down while wearing their Quest. I suspect people have been injured. What I would like to suggest is the Quest monitor the speed of downward movement of the headset and if it reaches a rate that could be considered falling speed that the quest will automatically turn on passthrough mode. Will a person be able to then use their hands or otherwise move their body to buffer the fall I dont know, but I think you folks should research this (maybe hire a stuntman to do the fall testing)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Gtx 1060m support please

Please add gtx 1060m support!!! If not I’m definitely considering upgrading my laptop. I would at least appreciate some clarification on whether or not my GPU will ever be supported. I have a GS63VR 7RF. Thank you!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix sign up/ pin process. Give the user more control over their device. Please fix the re-install/delete programs bug.

Fix the sign up/ pin process. Be able to opt out of multiple verifications.
    I had to factory reset for a second time. First to get first steps back because I simply deleted it and wanted it back. The second time was to start completely over because customer support couldn't help me to get a pin, because the service has a bug. If you skip adding/linking payment method and do it later you miss the activation pin. So new account, factory reset. Also cannot delete/restore ANYTHING, without programs stuck "uninstalling".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PASSTHROUGH+ physical KEYBOARD key HIGHLIGHTING/detection

I propose keyboard-key detection/highlighting for Passthrough+ perhaps with UI that has superimposed floating keys. That way you can better see where you're typing. To be able to work completely in VR is ideal in my view and I think this is seriously going to help further that vision!

Imagine Passthrough++ having Vastly superior image processing Where it could detect recognized objects, highlight or maybe even colorize them, and maybe even give them new virtual features that you can interact with. To go even further with this idea, It could recognize my smart-lights in my house and show an HUD tooltip…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add an option to use the HEVC encoder instead of the H264 encoder for Oculus Link

As the title say, it would be nice to get an option for switching the GPU Encoder from H264 to HEVC for Oculus link.

Oculus Link is completely locking out other applications to use the GPU H264 encoder for game recording or streaming (while it utilizes the encoder unit of my GTX 1060 just to 12%).

While I can record my game footage by using the HEVC encoder instead, for game streaming H264 is still mandatory.

As virtual desktop shows, the Oculus Quest is capable of decoding HEVC in realtime. So I see no real reason, why this can't be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Universal Menu needs bigger text

New Universal Menu needs bigger text. I can't read it at this tiny size. Also, put it at eye level. I shouldn't have to look down at it.

I'm switching back to the old menu for now. But there are some nice ideas in the new one, if only they were bigger and not so far down. It would work better for me if the entire thing were twice as big as it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable latency-free casting to use an external sound system

An option to have "latency free casting" even audio only, or with a low quality image, would be perfect to use a sound system connected to the tv as the audio source! This should be added!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optionally don't charge while using Link

Too much heat = dry eyes. Is annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 重置支付密码

如果不记得支付密码应该怎么办?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New app

Hello
    I am Alaa suliman Aqel
    From Palestine Gaza Strip
    I speak Arabic fluently and average English
    I want the message to reach Mr. Mark
    With the development of means of communication and information technology, Facebook has achieved the highest revenues to date
    However, some competing Facebook applications may appear
    I have an idea for an app that combines Facebook and another popular app
    The goal of the application is to be Facebook the hidden partner, compared to 60% for Mr. Mark and 40% for Mr. Alaa
    The idea of ​​the application integrates Facebook and another popular application
    ........ name…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Random Username Generator

Add a random username generator to your new account page https://secure.oculus.com/sign-up/. For examples https://github.com/search?q=username+generator. At that time; have the option for a new Facebook account to be created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wired Controller support

Wired controller support would be great so that beloved controllers can be used without needing to be Bluetooth. For example my Virtual Boy controller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bypass Oculus Home GPU Check

It would be great if there was a switch to bypass the GPU check in the Oculus Home App. There are other GPUs that will work, albeit not as "well" as the minimum required GPU, but well enough for some of us who would like to use the Oculus Link and play Rift games with our Quest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guardian temoin visible en un click

Souvent, j'écarte les bras pour voir où je suis dans mon guardian afin de jouer plus librement, mais parfois il ne s'allume pas car je suis trop loin des bords sans trop savoir où je suis.
    J'aimerais pouvoir voir le guardian si j'appuie sur un bouton pendant le jeu, pour me rassurer rapidement sur ma position. Mais si vous le faîtes, ce serait avec une option enable-disable car si on appuie sur ce bouton par erreur, ça va être plus ennuyant qu'utile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Témoin d'écartement des lentilles oculaires gênant

J'ai des problèmes avec le témoin d'écartement des lentilles oculaires qui s'affiche lorsque le casque est trop secoué. Pendant les jeux violents comme la boxe , le témoin apparaît. Il n'y a pas de dysfonctionnement, ou de jeu dans mon bouton, un ami a le même problème, mais ce que j'aimerais c'est pouvoir désactiver ce témoin qui est de toute façon inutile, puisque qu'on sait très bien sans lui si on voit bien ou pas.
    Merci.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base