Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Static guardian is too much small

Sit down, watch video , and you will see guardian grid every time that you move your hands or you change your position.

Definitely that is not necessary on your armchair or couch.

Need more radius, no aceleration detection and to show guardian only if you really surpass the limits.

Also do not need half of diameter for the back...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alignment cross hairs

When my girlfriend and I take turns on the Quest, she seems to have a hard time getting the headset vertically centered. How about going to Settings->Alignment, to show a black screen with a large cross hairs to align your eyes with vertically? And maybe make setting IPD more accurate using this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Incorporate Discord or other chat app into the headset.

I know we have oculus party support but I wish i could speak to my nonvr friends when im playing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guardian Diagonal Walls

Hello, I use my Oculus Quest in my converted attic. The walls are diagonal and I have my Guardian set up around the edges of my attic but it doesn't warn me when I get close to the diagonal walls. It thinks they're straight walls. Is there anyway to change this? If not, I think it would be a good idea to implement it into a near future update as people like me are bashing their headset and controllers against the wall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Buttons on the controler that work with each finger and a rear camera for the quest

The idea that i had was a quest controller that is built the same but functions closer to a controller that has knuckle tracking and can mimic a real hand but instead of monertoring pressure of certain fingers just have buttons that you can press for each one and pressing all down make a fist and pressing the index button makes the index touch the thumb that way people can make signs like the pinky and thumb surfer sign and the rock on signwhere you have the index pinky and thumb extended also for the quest the weight issue of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WHERE IS ALL THE COLORS MAGIC and FANTASY ?

COLORS !!! For me VR is about breaking reality, bringing the magic for reel so why is occulus UI dark and boring where is the FANTASY !!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. use hand tracking to add pinky and ring finger tracking

add ring and pinky finger tracking to the touch controllers using hand tracking. Middle and index fingers can still be tracked with the normal sensors, and if you wanted you could even use hand tracking for more precise index and middle finger gestures when looking at the controllers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Golf

Not Tiger Woods golf. Real VR golf. Play an actual round on a VR course. I learned to play ping pong why not golf. I think Quest is perfect for experience related content. Climb is a great example. So real. Do that with golf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow USB OTG to Support Apps Like TribeXR

I'd love to buy TribeXR but simply don't have enough storage. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could plug in my 64GB flash drive filled with music.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improved Guardian Tracking in Dark Environments

The nose notch is so big with lots of light leakage so I often turn off lights in the room to reduce the light leakage which breaks VR immersion.

This sometimes causes both stationary and roomscale guardian to be lost. It can happen right away, or a little after turning out the lights.

Please improve dark guardian tracking for this situation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve Controller Tracking in Dark Environments

Because the nose notch (cutout) is so big and provides lots of light leakage I often turn off lights in the room to reduce light leakage.

Unfortunately this means that controller tracking sometimes fails due to the dark environment. Since you can't fix the nose notch light leakage with software, please fix the controller tracking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Good idea

Oculus you should make it so that you could set a timer on the quest for like reminder s of how long you have been playing also you should make it so when you get to close to the wall or sealing it beeps and pauses the game for you just in case there is important dialog

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mixed Reality compatibility for VADER IMMORTAL

I am a content creator on YouTube and would love to show some mixed reality footage of myself playing Vader Immortal. I'm always so jealous whenever I see MR of BeatSaber and always wonder why we can't do that in Star Wars VR :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manual Guarding/Grid Adjustment

It would be so nice if you could adjust the guardian setting:

• make the grid wider

• change the hight of the grid

• transparency & color

and make an option that not the whole grid appears, when I come across an obstacle. It is realy distracting, when the whole thing comes popping up every time.

Look at the options that valve is using in their steamVR grid.

Or please add a function, where I can use the steamVR grid, when playing via Oculus Link!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 1 Peter 1:17-21, Revelation 22:18-19

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fall protection

I have seen videos of people falling down while wearing their Quest. I suspect people have been injured. What I would like to suggest is the Quest monitor the speed of downward movement of the headset and if it reaches a rate that could be considered falling speed that the quest will automatically turn on passthrough mode. Will a person be able to then use their hands or otherwise move their body to buffer the fall I dont know, but I think you folks should research this (maybe hire a stuntman to do the fall testing)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gtx 1060m support please

Please add gtx 1060m support!!! If not I’m definitely considering upgrading my laptop. I would at least appreciate some clarification on whether or not my GPU will ever be supported. I have a GS63VR 7RF. Thank you!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix sign up/ pin process. Give the user more control over their device. Please fix the re-install/delete programs bug.

Fix the sign up/ pin process. Be able to opt out of multiple verifications.
    I had to factory reset for a second time. First to get first steps back because I simply deleted it and wanted it back. The second time was to start completely over because customer support couldn't help me to get a pin, because the service has a bug. If you skip adding/linking payment method and do it later you miss the activation pin. So new account, factory reset. Also cannot delete/restore ANYTHING, without programs stuck "uninstalling".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PASSTHROUGH+ physical KEYBOARD key HIGHLIGHTING/detection

I propose keyboard-key detection/highlighting for Passthrough+ perhaps with UI that has superimposed floating keys. That way you can better see where you're typing. To be able to work completely in VR is ideal in my view and I think this is seriously going to help further that vision!

Imagine Passthrough++ having Vastly superior image processing Where it could detect recognized objects, highlight or maybe even colorize them, and maybe even give them new virtual features that you can interact with. To go even further with this idea, It could recognize my smart-lights in my house and show an HUD tooltip…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base