Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Please replace awkward "pinch to select" hand tracking gesture with intuitive "finger gun" gesture.

Pointing your index finger at something is the most obvious and intuitive way to aim a cursor. Then cocking your thumb to "fire" at the selection as if your hand was a gun is also very natural for humans, plus it provides an element of delight which makes for satisfying UX. We are already conditioned to aim and pull the trigger with our Quest controllers anyway. The current pinch gesture is unnatural, causes finger fatigue and should be reserved for its obvious use which is picking something up to move it. Please adopt "finger gun" gestures to make hand tracking…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make user stats available.

It would be great if there was someplace the length of time spent on a daily basis could be accessed. Preferably this would be broken down by each apps use but even a total “screen time” would be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a “continue anyway” choice

Now that the interface starts with hand controls, when an app is selected that does not use them, you must either use the touch control to continue or cancel. In general this makes sense but I have an app that uses its own controller, there has to be more like this. I would like to have a choice to start the app anyway using hand controls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Firmware update download complete notification / Check for updates endless spinning circle

Up to about v11 or 12 when I manually updated the firmware in the Quest it would say reboot device where the check for updates button usually is.
    Since then it now just says installing, no progress bar or anything.
    if I leave to another page and go back it just has an endless spinning circle.
    (I already have automatic updates enabled in the app)

I've tried factory resetting my headset and still has the same issue, so I know it's not my headset.

A small reboot notification does appear but only for a few seconds but once it's gone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Instead of an automatic update of the headset, give the user the choice to start update at anytime.

I had an issue with a game requiring an update of the headset. It was supposed to update automatically as long as I leave it plugged and without using it. I did it. Waited 30mn. Checked. No update. Did again waited 4hours this time. Still nothing. Again waited 8 hours. Still nothing. Support told me to do factory reset. This time it worked. Not first time but at second attempt. But well I don't think that having to wait for an update which can never come is good. Just put the update into the menu and allow user to click…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teleport for Quest's backgrounds

And black fadeout, not white. Like Steam VR instead of Rift's home teleport.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Floor's Guardian option is good but...

Is too brightness.

I am switching on/off that option.

Also it shows too much easily and distract us.

In virtual cinemas should disable automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guardian must show closed doors like objects on the gameplay zone

You can increase your gameplay zone with opened doors. Quest will remember the zone.

And another day you will hit the closed door.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Static guardian is too much small

Sit down, watch video , and you will see guardian grid every time that you move your hands or you change your position.

Definitely that is not necessary on your armchair or couch.

Need more radius, no aceleration detection and to show guardian only if you really surpass the limits.

Also do not need half of diameter for the back...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guardian with feet detection: do not kick thing

We could increase gameplay size in small rooms walking swlowly. Only need to see our feet, or vertical grid of the Guardian in front of our foot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alignment cross hairs

When my girlfriend and I take turns on the Quest, she seems to have a hard time getting the headset vertically centered. How about going to Settings->Alignment, to show a black screen with a large cross hairs to align your eyes with vertically? And maybe make setting IPD more accurate using this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Incorporate Discord or other chat app into the headset.

I know we have oculus party support but I wish i could speak to my nonvr friends when im playing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full Body Tracking

Dear Oculus Team,

I have looked everywhere and found different solutions for full body tracking, which usually ranges in the $200 area at the least. Oculus has no full body tracking despite the bragging of external cameras. If the cameras can't track the body, then Oculus should make their own hardware that does, like Vive. It would be a major improvement, get more consumers, and would make the user feel much more free.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guardian Diagonal Walls

Hello, I use my Oculus Quest in my converted attic. The walls are diagonal and I have my Guardian set up around the edges of my attic but it doesn't warn me when I get close to the diagonal walls. It thinks they're straight walls. Is there anyway to change this? If not, I think it would be a good idea to implement it into a near future update as people like me are bashing their headset and controllers against the wall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. family friendly setting

The ad for Arizona currently pops up on my home page feed. It's gory and not exactly G-rated. There should be a G-rating setting such that gory content will not be displayed. While many users would not be offended, some will be and it's not exactly appropriate if say I'm screen-casting for my kids to watch a video or something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Account: Multiple Profiles, Like Netflix

This is a crucial feature, that should have been included from day one. There's no need to connect the quest to multiple accounts if you facilitate multiple profiles under one account, like Netflix does. Have one profile be an admin profile , that can control what privileges the other profiles have access to. Then allow people to log into each profile with a four digit pin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Buttons on the controler that work with each finger and a rear camera for the quest

The idea that i had was a quest controller that is built the same but functions closer to a controller that has knuckle tracking and can mimic a real hand but instead of monertoring pressure of certain fingers just have buttons that you can press for each one and pressing all down make a fist and pressing the index button makes the index touch the thumb that way people can make signs like the pinky and thumb surfer sign and the rock on signwhere you have the index pinky and thumb extended also for the quest the weight issue of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please bring Oculus Dreamdeck to Quest

Please include an updated version (Handtracking?) of Oculus Dreamdeck into the Quest standard software package.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. WHERE IS ALL THE COLORS MAGIC and FANTASY ?

COLORS !!! For me VR is about breaking reality, bringing the magic for reel so why is occulus UI dark and boring where is the FANTASY !!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whats the point of Casting if NOBODY in GAME can HEAR YOU?

Please take a few moments to read and vote this suggestion, small voices often go ignored and customer support just copy pasted me to come here, which is a waste of time it feels like, and a good way to just end a conversation with support ticket.

When you cast, either to chromecast tv, or even to your facebook feed, people in the cast on tv and facebook can hear you talk... But everyone else in the game can not hear you... This makes casting multiplayer games stupid. If nobody in the game can hear you talk, what is the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base