Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Direct casting to android devices, also to Kindle devices via AirScreen (pure software casting solution)

Casting to AirScreen works flawless, and it is a great way to cast as it is a pure software solution which can be installed on any android based device and does not require an expensive Chromecast dongle, which only would be connected to one device.

Casting to Airscreen is broken since the latest v18.0 firmware update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is oculus quest tv now a curved screen?

Why is oculus quest tv now a curved screen? It used to be flat but was changed in an update. Give the option to set my preference! I don’t like watching shows or movies on a curved screen. I can’t even adjust the screen size either. In every other video app you can do these things. I would use it more if oculus TV was more configurable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 18.0 update issues

Fix the issues in the new 18.0 update. Universal menu panels are now way too dark to read (its as if someone cranked down the contrast and brightness to make the blacks look blacker but text is next to impossible to read. Also, return the green dots on the controller and headset battery levels. Light gray/dark gray dots are hard to read at a glance.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. expand stationary guardian

the stationary guardian is not big enough and i'm constantly touching the edge when i'm in my recliner .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guardian that works similar to a floor mat, based on user position not controller

When a user uses a floor mat to position themselves, they can tell where they are based on there feet position. When they step off the floor mat they feel it and move back on. The floor mat pays no attention to the swinging controllers.

The idea is to create a guardian that works similar to this,
    Imagine actually tracing the floor mat rather than your walls.
    The guardian is activated only by users head position and completely ignores hand controller positions, whether they in the guardian or not.
    Only when the users head moves close to the boundary it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Oculus quest Bluetooth headset and hearing aid support for hard of hearing

I'd be nice if the Oculus quest had Bluetooth headset support even support for linking your hearing aids to the quest because hard of hearing people want to experience the quest too you know I feel like this would be a great addition I'd definitely use it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a pause button option

It would be great if there were a pause button to pause the game. Also voice prompts would be lovely so you could tell it to pause or go home, etc. rather than pushing buttons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement a guardian approach warning

Most of us do not have enough space to pull the guardian back a couple of feet from our walls. This causes a problem on games that require you to punch or swing a sword because the arm reaches beyond the guardian area. It is Ok to be in the area unless the bodies orientation is such that you’ll be swinging or punching towards the wall.

It would be nice to have an inner boundary maybe 18” (1/2 a meter that would give a gentle warning that you are approaching the edge of your play area. Nothing as obtrusive as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A universal method of locomotion in apps.

Most people have limited space for game play, and omni-directional treadmills are too expensive. I want a standard method for in game movement that resembles a Segway or scooter of some kind, with support for optional accessories, like foot pedals for speed control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to cast movies from your devices to the Oculus Quest, like you can to a smart TV, and use it in the video app of your choice.

I have a large library of purchased movies on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon. It would be nice if my phone or tablet could cast them to my Oculus Quest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Protect children

I’ve had an idea that I’d ask you to pass on to the teams that may deal with Guardian development as I think that there’s a much more elegant solution to applying filters for youngsters:

I’ve been thinking about the problem of age detection/filtering. The Guardian system seems like a suitable contender for adding subtle filtering right out of the box.
    Now that hand tracking and finger gestures is in beta mode as an experimental feature, could the Guardian be used to detect the approximate age of a user?

My thinking is as follows:

During Guardian setup, the floor level…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let there be a setting to automatically go into Oculus Link Home when the cable is connected.

It would be great if there were an option for the quest to automatically switch to Oculus Link when the cable and PC are detected. If the option is disabled, it should ask you whether you'd like to enable it or not. This would be a time-saver and would make the transition more seamless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Subtiltie VR Games for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Players

I hope Oculus company has policy for every game developers to include optional subtitles for Deaf and Hard of Hearing players. It would not make any sense to spend $300, $400, $500 on VR hardware when none of games will not include subtitles.

Equal Access Communication for everyone, including Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deaf Player and Viewers -- How can they communicate to each other during the VR gaming?

PIP Technology and Deaf Player

I see Hearing people communicate to each other (for example: training) One with the VR headset and another with smartphone for viewing. They communicate to each other.

How can a Deaf Player communicate to another? We use sign language (visual form of communication) to communicate to each other. Since the smartphone has front camera. Why not add PIP on VR headset. Deaf player could see the other person using smartphone without taking off the headset or step out of the bound to activate the cameras on headset to see the person. This would be a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AR guardian system

I think the quest should make use of its AR capabilities to make a AR guardian. system that makes a custom home environment based on real world objects that are in your room. Ik oculus has showcased a demo of AR to VR where the oculus quest scan scanned a entire room and reconstructed it in VR. that was a pretty cool demo but I want it to be a feature in the oculus quest home environment and guardian system plus it would make you aware of your surroundings since it shows your real life objects as digital objects plus…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Passthrough Mode with Guardian Turned Off

Like many developers, using the guardian can be cumbersome when switching between my desk and headset, so i utilize the option that lets you turn the guardian off. However, that seems to disable the passthrough mode, either double tap or the passthrough environment. Passthrough should be able to be turned on with the guardian turned off, because then instead of being totally blind, theres almost a middle-ground.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please fix recording

We need oculus to fix recording where it gives us a 16’9 video ratio, fix the bug that makes the audio of the recording out of sync and let us use the internal mic for commentary while recording

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please fix recording

We need oculus to fix recording where it gives us a 16’9 video ratio, fix the bug that makes the audio of the recording out of sync and let us use the internal mic for commentary while recording

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base