Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Sync parts individually

I had to send my left controller and headset for repairs,shipped separately,so without my left controller i think oh well i can still use browser and hand tracking. But you can't factory reset without both controllers syncing at once. If you could sync everything individually i think it would just add alot of creative loopholes. No reason i shouldn't be able to play wands before the dual wield with one controller, or just use handracking and basic functionality.

As it is I'm just sitting here sad and missing the whole cause I'm still waiting for the part. Please hurry up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote control from Windows PC

Currently, to set up these devices for others to use, I have to put the headset on myself, set things up and then give it to the other person. If there are issues, they then have to take it off and I have to put it on again. I will not be able to do this now in this time of COVID-19. Is there a way of remote controlling these devices from a Microsoft Windows based computer please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to turn off hands over controllers

After updating my oculus quest to the latest software version (V19 at the time of writing) i've noticed these absolutley horrid grey hands rendered over the oculus touch controllers in the main system menu, what i propose is an option in the settings to switch back to only rendering the controllers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guardian improve/real life overlay

Improve the lobby/guardian space.

I know its huge. But it would be game changer for vr.

Merging the real life into the gardian.

Exemple: new option: realworld guardian.
    You need to walk around so the oculus scan ur house/app with real distance real object. Place/spot that the oculus cant identify are black and then u move around it.
    Need sort of AI to separate every item and identify them. With a low refresh rate. When the surrounding isnt moving. And higher when something is moving.

You end up having ur house with every object in vr has guardian so you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login

You have my username which is linked to my email. I don't have facebook and will point blank refuse to get it due to your track record of being awful with the security of personal details (Not to mention I don't want to be on social media to play games). There is absolutely no need for this linked account to add friends specifically as I have had an Oculus Quest before the fb takeover and never had to link to anywhere before.

How about you start listening to your userbase who are continuously posting this "question" and get rid of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change the menu back

The new menu is confusing, hard to maneuver, and way too small. The old one was simple, everything was laid out in front of you, it was effective, and it’s big enough to be readable. The old one is way better than the new one, please change it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pin Chat Screen in Oculus Quest

Some of us like to stream our games while we play.

Interaction to the audience is vital. YouTube, Facebook and Twitch allow the chats to popout in a browser window. Other third party provide combined platform chats also in a browser [REstream and Castr].

With Rift it was possible to pin a browser chat screen into the VR environment. This feature is not available on the Quest.
    "If you are using the Quest headset, the standalone nature of the headset does not allow for the Virtual Desktop browser video to be used in VR as it once was on the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having the option of seeing guardin boundaries in casting

I feel like it’d be very helpful to have the option of having the guardian boundaries visible in casting mode. It would be a lot easier to help navigate someone through VR who is using a quest for the first time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow updates to Oculus Quest to be installed through PC application instead of just over wireless

If you are in an environment where you are not able to get the Oculus Quest connected to wireless, but do have Oculus App installed on computer with Ethernet connection and Link working, allow the updates to be installed through the link instead of just on wireless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reduce Oculus desktop app size

Oculus link, Rift/Rift S all need the desktop app to run vr softwares like SteamVR. It would be better if that app wouldn't be so heavy.

Sure the software doesn't include just the store but also the essential drivers and files required to use the headsets with the pc.

There would be less issues with ssd space, bandwidth, and system overhead.

I propose to separate drivers for Quest Link from Rift/RiftS, and make the store optional in another different download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inquiry about Quest possibly becoming able to connect to a computer with a wireless connection.

To whom it may concern,

I wanted to request, and ask, if Oculus has any plans to implement the capability to use the Quest's wireless to connect to a PC, like with a USB, but without needing the USB. It would be a welcome addition, and make the Quest an interesting choice for headset, with more features not found on any other headset that I am aware of. While third-party solutions are available, they sound occasionally buggy, and possibly poorly implemented.

Sincerely,
    Soul_Decay

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Address casting to only Google chrome devices, should be able to cast to all enabled devices

Expand casting capabilities of the headset, many android apps allow casting to many models of tv/phone/tablet - cmon devs, get this sorted please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I Wish to have passtrough view on command.

Having passthrough view would really help in some situations, with out having to take the headsets on an of, or to be aware of certain circumstances (pets, lights, others.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add audio to recordings

allow oculus recordings to have audio so people can make videos without a 3rd party recorder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to post YouTube videos from the quest

This will help a lot of people with possibly their passion It would probably make the videos look much better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support Facebook Gameroom streaming

Support streaming to Facebook Gameroom, now that Mixer is no longer that gap would be great to fill with direct live-streaming on an official Facebook platform, rather than sharing it just to pages and groups

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow broadcast of virtual content over Link from Rift Home

I would like to see virtual broadcast of audio as well as video when using Quest and Oculus Link in 'Rift' Home space, when 'broadcasting' a YouTube video or other to a virtual screen in Home. Right now, virtual video casting is working, but audio won't cast, and produces a compatibility error.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hibernation / Sleep Settings

Please make a hibernation option, or more sleep options, to prevent the device from turning on while in storage.

Turning the device on from being fully off takes longer than I'd like, and far too often when I thought my Quest was sleeping, it must have turned on because the battery is exhausted when I try to use it. Finding I have to wait for it to charge, and can't play, makes me sad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an optional noise alert when the Guardian boundary is exceeded

For me, in a game like Beat Saber, the neon lines blend in too well with the overall aesthetic of the game. A sound, like a sine wave or a "glitch" sound that played over the game audio would be really helpful for preventing damage to their headset and themselves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. App has a design inconsistency

I noticed that there is a small deviation of the spreading button's position in the oculus app, when selecting the social option the quest mirroring button is a few pixels lower than it should be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base