Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. make the guardian show up on streams

i would like to show some friends that aren't near me the guardian like I see it on the oculus quest. if people see the guardian as you walk into it. I think they would get the idea better

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guardian Favorites Management

Allow for multiple spaces to be stored an managed in a Guardian Management interface. I use my quest at a few different locations but always find myself having to re calibrate to the same spaces over and over. It would be great if we could store the data of our favorite spaces and call them up accordingly when we are at a given location. This could be triggered via a known wifi login and GPS coordinates (through the phone app) to make it more automated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to adjust World Scale

I have an IPD of 67 and am 1,9m tall( i guess this info might play a role).

Whenever i use the Quest everything looks too small and this also messes with my depth perception(like the passthrough mode).

No matter which IPD setting i use - the World always looks too small.

When i then use any other Headset everything looks huge and out of proportion for a few seconds, until it feels right again.

Please let us adjust this scaling as a global option. It just doesn't feel right for me :(

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Partychat always over gamechat

If you are in a party with friends, this audio should always have priority over gamechat

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to play stored music on the Quest in the background

Please add a feature to play music files stored on the Quest in the background. Would be a great thing maybe while browsing the web or in your store, or just while chatting with a friend.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Select left/right eye for video recording.

Let us toggle left/right eye for video recording. With shooting games, I guess most of us are aiming with the right eye but this can't be seen on default recording.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PLEASE put a check for firmware update button in the software for Quest and Go!!

PLEASE put a check for firmware button inside the Quest and Go!!

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

Allow wireless streaming of oculus rift games to quest.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to set battery charge cutout temprature, or disable it

Allow temperature cutout on charging to be altered or disabled, so that demoing the unit at events can keep charge topped up via external powerbank. This is needed for enterprise users as the unit has to last up to six hours.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide an easier way to get video captures and screenshots off of the headset

Right now you have to plug in a USB, put the headset on to allow the connection, take the headset off, then navigate to the DCIM folder in the Quest directory, then copy or cut to the PC. While it's awesome we can even do that, it's pretty unwieldy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to leave audio messages to friends

Typing in VR is a pain and having to remove the headset to send someone a text message is a pain. Please let us record and send audio messages to Oculus friends.

Example: "Hey, hit me up when you get on and we can jump in Rec Room!"

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Guest/demo account

Have a guest/demo account that doesn't use saved data so you don't have to reset games every time you show someone new.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Detect people/pets that wander inside the Guardian radius

I have a cat and small children. Sometimes when I'm playing they will wander into the area and, of course, I can't see or hear them. They're not able to understand this so collisions could occur. Please build a feature to detect interlopers and warn the user.

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple guardian zones in the same Room.

I would like to be able to have a roomscale Guardian zone (play area) but also a second stationary Guardian zone (relax area on my couch), in a different area of the same room.

Without having to redraw them everytime i want to switch between the two.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base