Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Audio Balance control

I have a partial hearing loss in one ear. A pretty basic request would be for an audio L-R balance control This would help not only for hearing loss but also any audio device(headphones) that is not perfectly balanced with the outputs. Many games rely on audio cues, like the dojo in Vader. This becomes near impossible to get good at if your hearing is not linear. Should be fairly basic & easy to implement on a system level, just like a volume control.

If it is already on the headset & I just missed it, how to access this…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More custom settings for the main screen in the dome room

My initial impression of the default main screen is that it's too high and too close. Sometimes I find myself straining my neck to look up to see it all. Sometimes it's no problem at all. And sometimes it's perfect. However, my position in my own environment changes and because of that my angle of viewing the mainscreen does too. I know we can adjust the screen left, right, and up. But there is a fixed "base" position. Can we have more control over that base? Also the "zoom" or size of the screen should be adjustable too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Download Oculus Browser possible bug fix

I noticed that downloading videos above 2GB in Oculus Browser doesn't actually result in download completion. Was this intended or am I missing something?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. History of the firmware changes ("What was changed with this update?")

This could be hidden in the "Settings" next to the firmware version. Currently any changes of the firmware are only detected by chance.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alert function for moving targets within your playspace

Realized with e.g. visualizing the pointcloud of the moving object overlayed in VR.
    Configurable on/off.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. L/R identifiers on the controllers, in both real and virtual space

For not confusing the controllers which typically can happen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Implement a simple audio mixer!

I would like to be able to change the audio balance between party chat and in game audio.

Most games (not including ones that incorporate their own party chat, like Orbus or Rec Room) don’t have any audio settings options/sliders. The in-game audio drowns out party-audio, to the extent that I’m totally unable to play, for example, Space Pirate Trainer, and talk to my friends at the same time.

Please implement an audio mixer in the Home settings.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quest integrated audio and microphone are not a very good in social experinces and could use improvement

The headphones are Quest are HORRIBLE for social gaming because the mic pics up game audio and echos it back. Rift S and Quest users in games like Rec Room or BigScreen can really harm the overall experience because the feedback/echos are so distracting.

Push to talk would be one simple method to reduce this problem.

However, I think you need to implement some intelligent noise canceling otherwise the integrated headphones really harm social VR for everybody.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better privacy options and friends integration

You should be able to "go offline" so friends can't see what you are playing or send you notifications/party requests.

Also, you should have a standard API to allow you to invite friends into any game and instantly join the action. For example if you're playing Rec Room you should be able to send an invite request to friends and have it auto join the room/game you are playing. If you're playing Pokerstars and send an invite they should join your table not the main game lobby.

Lastly, there should be a global push to talk feature. The headphones are…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to adjust time/timezone without having to factory reset

Currently, when the Oculus Quest system clock is false (maybe it identified the wrong timezone at initial setup; the phone had a wrong clock at setup, you changed your location where there is a different local time, and probably when daylight savings time changes (to be seen)), there is no way other then a factory reset to get the system clock of the quest right again. At factory reset the phone time gets synced with the Quest apparently.

Either add a setting within the Oculus Quest home environment, to change and set the current timezone and sync the time with…

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a setting called “Hey!”.

Create a setting called “Hey!”. What the sitting does is use is the X ternal camera to watch the environment. When someone comes into view and waves their arms up and down there looking for your attention. When this happened a notification pops up with hands waving. This will let them know that someone in the real world needs your attention.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix internal recording to sync audio

Internally recorded vids, The audio is always out of sync. Makes making vids very hard

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1. OculusVideo无法找到内置视频Bug; 导航栏菜单无法删除和替换已卸载的内置应用

1. OculusVideo之前试过,但是左边下面菜单里没有我的视频的选项,也没有可以选择局域网电脑的选项;

2. OculusGallery 相册这个应用我很喜欢,希望可以它在下面的导航栏菜单栏里(之前一直在导航栏浏览器右边,昨天变成了OculusTV这个应用,我试着把
      OculusTV卸载,它依然还在导航栏原来的问题,请问我要如何操作才可以把它移除,把OculusGallery 相册放到它那个位置上,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cast 3rd camera to PC, a variant of the existing Mixed Reality capture for OBS

Oculus recently posted an OBS Plugin and Android app that will sync a real camera position with the game scene, and then the Quest creates a 3rd camera. It sends 2 layers of visual information to the OBS plugin, being in front of & behind the player, which OBS then composits with the real player on a green screen, to make it look like the player is in the world.

As a developer, I'd like the ability to use a similar system to send that 3rd camera to the PC as a normal scene view - no OBS or real…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix issues with party chat audio

Every time I am in the Quest party chat the audio crackles for everyone involved. I don't know if it has started with the latest update as it's only just started from around the 21st of June. It's much worse when there are more than 2 people in the party.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let us join a friends party or request an invite.

When you come online and see your friends are already in a party there is no way to join them or request an invite.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the quest be able to connect to a computer and play games on that

On the quest you don’t have many games but if you could connect it to a computer and be able to play games on the computer in VR though you would need viruse protection

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You should try to add more games and focuses on making better wireless headsets like this

The quest and go are amazing but the quest doesn’t have very many games but the go doesn’t have very fun games like on the quest but if they could sorta combine the two into one light headset I would spend any amount on it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Tracking in Grass

Improve tracking algorithm or provide guidance on how to support “Yard Scale” (I.e., better tracking in larger grass spaces. Controller and HMD frequently lose tracking within the defined guardian space if on grass even when lighting circumstances are ideal (no direct sun, overcast, daytime).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow audio output to both the headphone jack and built in speakers simultaneously.

I'd like a configurable option to allow audio output to both the headphone jacks and the Quest's built in speakers simultaneously.

The use case for this is probably small but I'd like to be able to use the headphone jack for a tactile transducer (Subpac) in conjunction with normal audio from the Quest's built in audio (prefer not to use headphones / more comfortable / fewer cables).

For me this would be ideal for a game like Thumper, Beat Saber, or watchign media.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base