Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. mpo file supprt

Can the Oculus Gallery have support for MPO (Multi Picture Object File) files? This format is for 3D photo files and was supported by Nintendo and Fuji amongst others.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Oculus quest controllers

Oculus quest controllers How do i turn off the vibration of the controllers .i hope next software update has this option

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PIP or two or more active apps or browser tabs

My lg and samsung android phones can do app screen split where i have two apps running actively on two sides of the same screen. With so much real estate in Vr world' why cant i have this in oculus?

Or PIP even.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it easier to play/chat with friends

All of the Oculus platforms need a more refined party/friend system. It can be very frustrating trying to play online multiplayer games with friends. It’s most evident in a game like Dead and Buried II which is developed by Oculus Studios. You have to randomly spawn into the same instance of the hub world as your friends. It’s incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Also,party chat needs a way to make it private. Lots of us play online multiplayer games as a way to hang out with friends. If I’m worrying about being constantly interrupted, accidentally letting personal info slip, censoring…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to disable the walls of the guardian, as with Rift

It would be great to just have the floor outline of my guardian boundary. The walls are an immersion breaking issue.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Draw in hanging obstacles to guardian (RIP ceiling lamp).

Draw in obstacles using guardian in any xyz plane. So i know where my semi flush pendant lamp is at all times.

Also give option to have drawn in obstaclr always visible and set transparency level from 0 to 100%.

If I spike the lamp one more time my wife is gonna confiscate my quest.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ghost or outline for items that enter (move into) the playing area

Add a feature that ghosts or outlines and object such as person or animal that enters the playing area thus avoiding a collision.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Store router Wifi Signal strength and assign to Guardian Layouts

so Quest knows what part of the house I am in for stored Guardian layouts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Volume control in Home Menu Bar

Have a volume control in the Home Menu Bar.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OTG USB Storage for Quest and GO

You told us already, it's possible to connect external storage via the usb port but I can't.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A “Car Ride” mode

Was trying to play in my dad’s truck while going out of town, wasn’t the best experience.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 71.928 Hz for NTSC video with no judder/pull down and 75 Hz for PAL video with no judder

71.928 Hz for NTSC video with no judder/pull down and 75 Hz for PAL video with no judder

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Universal Share button like Android on cellphone OS

The Quest OS is great! I love how simple is to navigate it. I wish it was designed with sharing options in mind, just like the OS on our cellphones. If I have an image in my Gallery app, it should be simple to just hit a button and share that image with a friend in my oculus contacts or another messaging app , or on Facebook . The same with videos, apps in the store, links to websites, etc . This will help making the Quest also a more social platform. Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Built in recording feature not using mic (possible update in future?)

For content creators such as myself, I would like to do just one action, plug in my Quest, and upload. But right now, I can not as the built in recording feature will not activate the mic allowing me to record my voice.

I hope there will someday be a much easier way to record a video for Youtube instead of having to remain seated, put an external headset over the Quest, and use an external program like Audacity just to record our voice. the main selling point of the Quest is that there are no wires, and sadly, it…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow user defined game/app groups

Let me make groups to store my apps in. For example, I'd like to keep my "beaten but fun enough to mess around in" games in a separate group so I can more easily find the ones I'm still playing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No- and Low-Vision Accessibility Options

An option to increase the font size or text-to-speech feature would definitely help users who are visually impaired from a disability or have low vision. This would also help with seniors who have depleted vision. These demographics should have easier access to such a great device. They should not be excluded.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guardian color zones

I would like to highlight some guardian zone with colorcodes.

In all our houses we have different limits, in some case, we have a bed(low), some other a wall, in other a television. I have no problem in passing the wall near the bad, but I still want to know that I cannot walk there, with the television, I want to be sure I am not going to pass through that and knowing it with a color code will be easier even to realize where we are in the room and if we have to be more careful in the…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 levels of Guardian; hand and feet

A lot of my obstacles are low in height so I can swing arms freely above them.

I would love to be able to set 2 Guardians, one for when my feet are about to hit, another for hands. So at wall the full grid comes on, but over my sofa it only comes on for the lower half.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to keep device on and not confirm guardian for Developer Mode

It's really annoying when you are trying to develop on the Quest to have to confirm the guardian again every time you look through the device.

It usually goes like

Pick up device
    Confirm guardian
    Look as result in Oculus Browser
    Put device down
    Save changes
    Pick up device
    CONFIRM GUARDIAN AGAIN
    Refresh Oculus Browser

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base