Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to leave audio messages to friends

Typing in VR is a pain and having to remove the headset to send someone a text message is a pain. Please let us record and send audio messages to Oculus friends.

Example: "Hey, hit me up when you get on and we can jump in Rec Room!"

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest/demo account

Have a guest/demo account that doesn't use saved data so you don't have to reset games every time you show someone new.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Detect people/pets that wander inside the Guardian radius

I have a cat and small children. Sometimes when I'm playing they will wander into the area and, of course, I can't see or hear them. They're not able to understand this so collisions could occur. Please build a feature to detect interlopers and warn the user.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multiple guardian zones in the same Room.

I would like to be able to have a roomscale Guardian zone (play area) but also a second stationary Guardian zone (relax area on my couch), in a different area of the same room.

Without having to redraw them everytime i want to switch between the two.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Insider preview style system

How about Windows inside preview style feature. Where user's can test new quest os features before they are released to the oculus quest. Allowing users test the os and report bugs to back to oculus. So that stable updates are release

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Touch Controllers as gamepad input. (Emulators on Oculus TV)

Some 2D android apps, like Emulators require the use of a gamepad. Allowing the Oculus TV app to translate Touch input to Gamepad input would solve this issue.

Perhaps a gaze based toggle button to avoid conflicts of losing pointer / trigger input.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio

Audio distortion in right speaker fix. It's really annoying when the audio goes distorted after using the headset for a short time. Always the right speaker and lots of people complain about it in my Oculus Facebook group. Needs a reset to work properly again but always returns after use for 30 40 mins on average.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. color profiles

sRGB and DCI-P3 color profiles please! The reds look way off. This can look cool in some content, but most of the time it looks oversaturated, this is especially true when watching any kind of video.

Ideally, these should kick in automatically based on the content.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share computer vision data between headsets within Bluetooth range of each other

I want the ability to be in the same physical space as the person I am sharing a virtual experience with, using the same guardian boundaries. Whether it’s messing around in tilt brush, watching Netflix or what ever else developers might come up with. All Quest users’ bodies could be tracked using rudimentary computer vision body tracking, doesn’t have to be perfect, and represented using the Quest equivalent of Miis. Also, add a mini guardian boundary on the backs of each user that engages when crossed by another’s mini guardian - in case the users get too close to one…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Performance-focused environment for main menu

The mountaintop **** is nice for showing the device off initially, but I'd love an option for a simpler environment, something like what the Youtube VR app currently has.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Height adjustment for people with disabilities

Please allow height to be adjusted from the guardian setup for people to enjoy games and experiences with normal height. Many games do not adjust for sitting players and makes game interactions or functions either awkward or impossible (e.g. normal walking speed in Pavlov - game assumes you are crouched).

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. LBE arenas support

The Quest has so many advantages over what is currently being done in LBE arenas: real 6 degrees of freedom(no backpacks, no wires), ease of use, comfort.

However, as of today, the Guardian and some other API limitations (such as no access to the cameras, no way to place trackers to correct the tracking, 40 sq.m maximum surface) make it impossible to build immersive, multiplayer arenas experience for large rooms.

This could be solved by opening up or providing some special API for LBE arenas developers which would give more control over the guardian

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real world Passthrough window that stays put to keep track of the TV, kids, pets, baby, beer, etc.

Real world Passthrough window that stays put to keep track of the game, kids, pets, baby, beer, etc.

Simply allow me to draw a geo-static window in my passthrough guardian so that I can keep track of real world objects / people / etc.

In BeatSaber I could draw a window on my left or right side that is my TV and watch the sports game or keep my beer in sight.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add option to engage passthrough for hands crossing the guardian, and not just the head

I find that most property damage from VR is associated with a stray hand leaving the play area and connecting with some furniture, or a screen of some sort. Rarely is it from a player walking headfirst out of the play area.

I would love an option to have passthrough also activate if my hand crosses the guardian boundary, as well as my head. I would only use it for certain games (beatsaber, GORN - if it's ported), but it would be most appreciated.

I'm deeply grateful for the use of these forums to connect with consumer needs, this is…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adjustment targets on demand

Please add the ability to bring up the IPD adjustment, and horizontal fit targets on demand and without going through other set-up tasks to get there. Also add an IPD read-our whenever the IPD slider is adjusted, this will help immensely when swapping the headset back and forth, and will create a much better “first impression” for sharing the headset with new users, the number one complaint I get when showing off my quest is “it’s still blurry/I’m seeing a bit double/ I’m going cross eyed”

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base