Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Fixed guardien, real live point = game ponit

If you play creed or richies plank experience, the plank aren't always in same position, sometimes the plank are out of the guardien zone, I want a option to fix game ponit withe room point. So your orientation is better and your game and room Kontroll is more stable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Refresh button for folder contents

When I upload VR videos into the onboard memory, sometimes I have to add or edit the designators at the end to indicate LR / 180 / 360. I make these edits on my computer while connected to the Quest via USB, but the file names listed by the video player on the Quest do not change.
    I have to exit the Video Player completely, then restart it so that it can register the changes and display the file correctly.
    Having a Refresh button would be much easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SMAA before downsampling, then super sampled SMAA. Maybe need Vulkan

Thinking about post process filters only works on final image withouth downsampling benefits.

Could it give better quality than MSAA x4 and filter alpha textures?

Would be about x3 faster than MSAA x4 i think

Fast combo with sharpen filter before downsampling too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Universal sharpen filter in home settings menu

Some people prefers to have sharpened image.
    In some films film grain could be ugly, but in vr desktop style apps could improve streamed texts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. lorem ipsum text shows when accepting a friend request

My Oculus account is not linked to FB. My friend's account is. When I went to accept a friend request from him the black background pop up had Lorem Ipsum text in it. Seems like that's a bug.
    Jim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow multiple avatars on one account

I bought 2 quests for my family and was going to buy 2 more so that all my family could use them at the same time - either in multiplayer mode on one game if supported or each playing different games at the same time - because of the way you manage accounts it's impossible ! You can't play multiplayer games together at all and when one person is playing a multiplayer game with a remote player, if the other quest is active, regardless of what they're doing, multiplayer doesn't work ! This is down to the way the quest…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to choose between 60Hz/72Hz for videos

After the latest 7.0 update, some apps lower the refresh rate to 60Hz for videos such as Gallery and Youtube. The intention was for smoother video playback when framerate is 30fps. But the flickering is very noticeable especially in light backgrounds and can cause nausea. Having the ability to force the old behavior where refresh rate is always 72Hz in the system settings is desirable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microphone Volume Settings/Adjustments

Provide some microphone volume settings, to be able to boost or turn up the microphone. In some games (like PokerStarsVR) all people on a quest, their volume when speaking is almost not audible, its probably 30-40% of other VR headset users.

There needs to be some way to adjust the microphone sensitivity so you can speak without the need to yell. This is the biggest gripe I have with the Oculus Quest.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Displacement calibration

When playing a roomscale game I often feel limited by the guardian area size - even when set up to max size - so that I have to trick by using the thumbstick to move over the last meters to reach my target.

It would be useful if we could set the displacement calibration to our taste so that 1 step IRL provides 2 steps in VR.

This would also be useful for some games where I feel like I'm not walking as fast in game as I actually do IRL

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjustable Haptics on Quest

It might be cool if in the main settings would be an option to adjust levels of rumbling - from OFF to way more intense feedback levels than these available now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser

I would like web Bluetooth support for Oculus Browser. If you combine it with WEB VR/XR, you can easily create expandable content. For example, VR cycling with a cycling sensor or a new VR with a GoCube (Smart Rubik's Cube) are endless possibilities. Oculus Browser is based on Chromium, and Chrome installed with APK has web Bluetooth enabled, so I don't think it's hard to enable the feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. -Better than bicubic- Upscaling x4 + FXAA + sharpen --> Then downsampling

Probably will help with lens distortion, and shimmering, and little details vibration, with very low consumption.

2.400x2.400 FXAA + Sharpen + downsampling to 1.200x1.200 eye buffer should give good results and hide artifacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to clear app cache and user data

The ability to clear the cache and data for a specific app, like with android, quite often solves problems. The only way to do this with a Quest is to perform a factory reset or delete and reinstall the app, which is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need major update about crashing and fixing time on the quest

You need to do a major update on the software side so one doesn't consistently get kicked out of apps and games after playing 15-30 minutes, sometimes sooner. I.E. Bigscreen, dead and burried 2, And a bunch of others that's fast pace games. Need to put more adjustable things like time and date in the settings. One shouldn't have to factory reset the quest and lose all data everytime the quest acts up. Thats really the only fix your techs have, which isn't their fault

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. vibration

Add the ability to increase or decrease controller rumble/vibration intensity, could be a simple slider in settings.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow mic audio in recodings

When recording video on quest allow the user to have mic audio in the recording

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text Forwarding messages with in VR quick replies.

Provide the ability to pop up in VR text messages forwarded from your phone. Have this show on the top corner just as other messages along with the ability to mute on and off and have quick replies from the home screen/pause menus.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Settings to disable microphone and record mic audio in videos

There should be an option to disable the mic completely. The user could be alerted with an on screen mute icon when the mic level indicates the user is speaking.
    And why don't videos record the mic? This should be an option. A setting to adjust the mix between mic and game would be handy.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base