Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Use IR inside-out-tracking cameras for QR codes

It would be nice to be able to use the IR passthrough feature to be able to scan QR codes from around the users environment. This would be incredibly useful if it could be used to log onto a wi-fi connection (some of us have really long passwords). It could also be used to scan information points an VR safespace.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why don't you sell a parent and child dual pack that allows the parent to work with the child on more complex games?

Why not sell a dual Oculus quest or go pack that has a parent and child headset where the parent could assist the child in more complex games? It just makes sense considering a lot of the games require dexterity that a parent could assistant. I could help you out with this marketing if that is ideal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to offset the floor rotation (up to 90 degrees). This would allow handicapped users to lay down and play.

I have a handicapped friend who would like to be able to play games, however, they spend much of their time on a bed rotated 45 degrees or so, making this difficult. If the world rotation could be offset manually at the core, this would open up many doors for them.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Auditory feedback when the Guardian is Breached

When my head goes past the guardian, I see reality, when my hand goes past the guardian, the guardian turns red but I remain in VR. There have been times when my guardian was close to a wall. My hand would go through the guardian and it would turn red, but I am so focused on an app, that my brain does not register the danger, and I do not take any action. Sometimes in these cases I hit my hand on the wall. What I would like is if the guardian is breached either by the headset or the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5Ghz Wifi lock Toggle

5GHZ WiFi Lock toggle - For Cast or any other streaming activities in a Mesh network like Google Wifi is a necessity.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guide/Guided mode for seniors

I would like to be able to take my 85 year old friend Bob on a guided experience in the Quest. One where his hand controls are disabled and we are in the same VR location. Bob would be able to look around and get the full VR experience, but he could not move his location or interact with the system. I have written up a longer description of this request here:

https://www.techenhancedlife.com/posts/guided-travels-vr-virtual-reality

I think you could have a tremendous impact on the lives of older adults with this feature. (You could also sell Quest headsets in batches of 10…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Passthru controller markings for Right Left controller are the same

In passthru view in Polish language version both controllers are marked "P" as in "Prawy" meaning Right. There should be one "P"- Right one "L"-Left

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to explore "home space" and walk around.

Would love to be able to walk around and explore the home space, and watch the outdoors at night (hikers with lights, northern lights, maybe a bear nearby). Oculus already has the shooting stars when looking up, and animated fireplace, which I would like to go sit in front of or walk around the room and maybe interact with the fireplace (throw on another log).
    The main menus would all disappear in this mode.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OPTION FOR SMALLER/BETTER-PLACED NOTIFICATIONS

In our review of Sports Scramble, we mentioned how we lost a point during one of our tennis games because a notification showed up (for an achievement, ironically enough) right in front of our faces. In the very middle of our view. How has this issue not been resolved? Sure, you can turn notifications off entirely in the Quest settings, but that’s draconian. We need an option to show notifications in a less obtrusive way, and we also need an option to only show notifications once we’re back at the Quest ‘home’ screen. How complicated is that? Not at all.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. VISIBILITY OPTIONS IN THE FRIENDS LIST

Your friends, you don’t always want them to know you’re online, and maybe you don’t even want them to know what app you’re using. Maybe you’re weird, maybe you’ve got your reasons, maybe, and this is vital, your reasons are none of our business. It’s understandable that Facebook, a company based on eroding your privacy might not see how an option to control your visibility settings is important to the average user, but it’s a simple enough option to implement, and we want it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IN-HEADSET AND IN-APP MESSAGING

You can add people and make a friend’s list on Quest, and you can see them in the headset interface, and you can see them in the app. How is it that your only option to communicate with them is either to make a voice call, or to take off your headset, grab your phone, launch Facebook Messenger, and message them there. Just how ridiculous is that? I’m on my Quest, I see a friend online, it says he’s using Tilt Brush, and I’d like to challenge him to a game of Racket Fury, but I’m not sure he’s up…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set specific height for user

set a specific height for the user. My son is short and is unable to see above the tables in first steps and first contact.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Volume Balance Control

I have partial hearing loss in one ear, a balance control would be nice. This would help a lot in apps where sound cues are an important component.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Video to be recorded in 16:9 aspect ratio

To allow video captures inside of the Oculus Quest headset to be recorded in a 16:9 aspect ratio. (Full screen recording)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Night Mode toggle on main bar

Great to see Night Mode implemented but having to go to Settings/All/Device to toggle it is a bit of an unnecessary pain when it could just be toggled on the main home screen bar. This is where the Night Mode icon appears when it’s toggled on. Why not just do it all from there?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Direct access to IPD callibration, the green lines crosshair from tutorial.

Due of users changes on the fly.

Probably near static position home button should be good...

...Near to sit position with lower floor than standard static, which would have too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen callibration options - brightness is too low and causes "black crunch" to dark details

I don't meaning "backlighting" (oled) which also should have brightness option.

While LED HMDs have too high brightness with gray blacks, quest have too low brightness.

Example: dark movies scenes with no details inside umbra while my old (10+ years) LED TV shows details because of good callibration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to use an external microphone

I want to use an external microphone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stationary Mode with Rotatable View From Controllers

If you're sitting or laying down, there should be a way to rotate the view in any game or app from the controllers without moving your head at all. This plus an on the fly height adjustment would allow people to use the headset with limited movement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Huawei phones support - currently not existing!

According to Oculus support, Huawei phones are not supported. There is a vast Huawei user base out there that was not told about the missing support for Huawei. Can you fix it? Fast? And let people know that you currently do not support Huawei?

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base