Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Accessibility options for the disabled

I am requesting the ability to move playspace by keybind as is currently available on SteamVR OpenVR Advanced Settings.

I am disabled and play all games seated, I would like the option to set a keybind to enable a height offset simulating crouching, as well as the ability to freely move the playspace to allow access to items placed on the floor, while still maintaining a standing height in application.

It seems ridiculous that I have to request this feature, as SteamVR has had these features for years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Visually impaired

For the visually impaired are always looking for options to enhance viewing. The oculus quest is an awesome tour however there should be an option to enlarge the font for reading instructions and also on the main menu. It would be helpful to grab the menu and bring it closer to enable reading. I am visually impaired

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compatibility with Surface Book 3 with GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q

I have a Surface Book 3 15" with the Geforce GTX 1660 Ti card and currently the Oculus software says my card is not supported. Many 1660 Tis are listed as support including notebook ones so could you please allow it to work here ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Point the floor canvas straight forward before drawing the guardian.

The floor canvas grid is always randomly rotated so even in a 10x10m room you can't use the full potential of the 25x25ft max area. (you always loose the corners) orient the floor grid straight forward on reset or let us rotate it before drawing. thx.

regards, peter

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update manuals to reflect the new UI that no longer has the old library. Especially the pages about using sideloaded apps.

Update manuals to reflect the new UI that no longer has the old library. Especially the pages about using sideloaded apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Firmware Update Progress Bar

Rather than just "Downloading" until you restart your headset, it would be great if you could see when it's done downloading and then have it auto restart or something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow permanent notification clearing.

My notifications continually pop up after being removed and even a full reset of the device. Permanent notification clearing or fixing this small issue shouldn't be a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please bring back the Old Universal Menu (even as an option)

I do not mind the New Universal Menu as an option for those who want a simplified UI, but please do not remove the option for the Old menu entirely. Trying to troubleshoot this has now cost me literal hours, between emailing Oculus and trying different ways of resetting the headset.

I am one of the many people that I have seen in many forums around the web who uses the headset to test apps and games through sideloading .apk files directly to the headset and this new universal menu not only locks out that capability but in my case…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In App Donations Feature

This is an idea for free experiences on the Oculus Quest store.

I think this is useful for developers who want the maximum number of people to be able to enjoy their experience by making it free but allowing users to support the apps and experiences they found useful by choosing their own donation amount.

This is particularly useful for apps like https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2900834523285203/ which is free but potentially if a donation feature existed the money could even be sent to the people affected in this story.

I think it's a compelling feature for empathy experiences like this.

What say ye?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offline installer package

I would like to suggest the creation of an offline installer package, preferably n MSI that could be easily distributed to a school lab via System Center. We have schools with a Interactive Design Media programs where students develop applications for use with VR headsets and need to test them along the way. As it stands we have to install the software one machine at a time. With hundreds of computers to tend to, this would be very time-consuming. Being able to distribute the software to multiple computers at once would be beneficial for educational organizations such as ours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Separate profiles

It would be good to be able for, say husband and wife, to have separate profiles so that individual performance can be recorded. That way you would be able to check progress in games like FitXR

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you please allow me to get rid of the window in front of me all the time, would be nice to just put the headset and enjoy the space t

When I put on my Quest there is no way to have zero windows up in front of me. This should be an easy fix, especially with the multiple windows option that has been rollwed out... please allow us to get rid of ALL windows so we can just enjoy the home space for a moment before diving into another app/game/browser. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you please allow me to get rid of the window in front of me all the time, would be nice to just put the headset and enjoy the space t

When I put on my Quest there is no way to have zero windows up in front of me. This should be an easy fix, especially with the multiple windows option that has been rollwed out... please allow us to get rid of ALL windows so we can just enjoy the home space for a moment before diving into another app/game/browser. Thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Put cst icon on the front homescreen

Hi,
    My family/friends come over to play and to help them I get them to cast to TV. I have to say goto... Then etc. Can't we have the cast button on the main screen so if is a one click option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get the server platforms up and running, and patch the black video glitching issue. Otherwise, make the menus a little more user-friendly?

Fix the server platform and fix the black glitching squares issue. I think that this issue is under a desynchronization of the clock between the CPU and the GPU. Consider dropping the affected frames and resynchronizing on the next clock cycle. Also... Maybe update the menu style? Make it a little more modern and user friendly? Right now it's exactly the same as the Oculus Go, which is barebones but functionally works and is very usable. Making the menus user customizable would probably improve user appeal a LOT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Larger guardian when using Quest Link cable

I am requesting a larger guardian area when using the Oculus Quest with the Link cable. We want to use our full house.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Optional permanent point in the middle of the roomscale area floor for orientation

Please do an little optional permanent point in the middle of the roomscale area floor for orientation. Then you can find your way back to the center very quickly every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Devoloper mode on start screen

I love the new menu and how the guardian finally can stay disabled after restarting the headset, but one more thing that would be nice would be to have a "Disable Guardian" button on the guardian create screen. I am finding myself creating lots of temporary guardians just to disable it on the home screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync parts individually

I had to send my left controller and headset for repairs,shipped separately,so without my left controller i think oh well i can still use browser and hand tracking. But you can't factory reset without both controllers syncing at once. If you could sync everything individually i think it would just add alot of creative loopholes. No reason i shouldn't be able to play wands before the dual wield with one controller, or just use handracking and basic functionality.

As it is I'm just sitting here sad and missing the whole cause I'm still waiting for the part. Please hurry up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base