Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add WiFi Direct to the Quest 2?

Are you considering adding Wifi DIRECT capability to the Quest 2 ? Similar to Airplay with Apple, wherein you don't depend on your router WiFi signal, and thus don't have lag stuttering of your movie footage from your computer to the Quest 2 when you're watching in a huge virtual movie theatre.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Quest 2 more user friendly to visit with your best friends.

All my friends with the Quest wished there was an easy way to visit in our Oculus Home environment and talk and watch videos together. And then venture out TOGETHER to common apps we own, instead of just hearing each other's voices in the Home Environment. It's like your best friend coming over to your house and then you venture out TOGETHER to all the places you want to visit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create more options for the Oculus Avatars.

The Oculus Avatars are limiting, and the style a bit creepy. I haven't met anyone who likes the style of them. Can you consider adding more options, and maybe a more cartoonish/cuter style category, more in line with Avatars within other apps. It's just not pleasant to the eyes to look at an Oculus Avatar. Do a survey and you'll see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expand the possible Guardian size to make it larger than 25x25 feet

Expanding the possible Guardian size, would allow design and development of games that take the most of using big physical spaces.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. have multiple accounts easily accessible and easy to switch on one oculus

have multiple accounts easily accessible and easy to switch on one oculus

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blurriness / IPD Settings / Future Updates

Hi. Noticed many people are noting the blurriness around the edges of view-- when you are not looking straight forward, or you are using your eyes to look instead of turning your head. I know that VR requires head turning over eye turning, but I'm mainly submitting this to add to the growing number of people reporting issues.

Will there be work done on this? Maybe something to fine tune IPD on the software end of things in a future update? I understand its the nature of stereoscopic images, but would be nice to have work done on this since…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TOS edit

Hello, if you didnt realize a group of hackers already got into your hardware. You must understand that enforcing many strict rules on your device has more negative effects than positive ones. You may lose your a lot of customers due to this. Thanks for reading

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. have a more heirarchical menu structure

the software structure of the quest 2 is very frustrating to me. It should be top down and it's not. If I click on Media, for instance, all I get is oculus media, I don't get netflix, prime, youtube, web - I should. What do you think?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guardian and floor issues

I have managed to create more than one Guardian, eventually after several attempts. However after adding a 3rd Guardian I lost the first two Guardians. So I tried to setup these two original Guardians again, but each time I tried I could only set up one Guardian at a time. I cleared the Guardians and tried again, but could only setup one Guardian at a time. Each time I setup a new Guardian it lost the last one that I had setup.
    Another issue that I have is that the "floor" of the Guardian seems to hover a few inches…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Accessibility options

I'm disabled and I tried my brother's quest 2 and I can't use my hands . So if I could navigate the menus with the headset dot instead of the controllers and use my voice to to select and scroll etc . I know that I wouldn't be able to play games but I could do experiences and virtual social gatherings. Please make something so I can navigate without hands so I can use the device on my own

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability for downloads to pause

Allow the system to save the data as a download progresses. People with unreliable internet connections have occasional drop offs and the Quest 2 starts the download fresh every time. This has caused me to wait days to get an app to download fully.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trophy Case

I would love to see a trophy case for achievements in the home app. Also I believe the ability to share to FB an achievement instead of just sharing the game info would be immensely helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3rd Party Software in the Oculus Home

The Oculus Home has a lot of potential on top of being just a place to open games and edit settings. We should be able to, for example, place a screen onto the wall and watch Netflix in the home environment. Or hang up achievement art like posters. Even place the table from Eleven Table Tennis onto the floor and play table tennis inside of the home itself, without needing to open the app.

This would also mean the ability to walk or teleport in the home too. The virtual environment should also give us the ability to turn on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quick action to mute

I would like to see a quick action to mute yourself.

Perhaps tap twice on the left side of the headset for mute and on the right side for passthrough. Perhaps a simple option to change sides for these 2 actions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Safety - Guardian intruder

I would like to see a safety feature that would switch to pass through if something enters the guardian area. For example a dog or a small child so they don’t accidentally get throttled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gardiuan lines and direction marker

-- Make it possible to 'straight out the lines' of my play area. My OCD really has a hard time about that I can't draw straight lines myself
    -- Make it possible to place a small marker/direction indicator, so I can always find out which direction I'm looking
    -- When playing games where you rotate alot around yourself and your Guardian is a square/rectangular/circle , then you have no way on knowing which direction you are actually facing unless you take the HDM off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notify me of new releases in HDM and show me how it helps me

-- If regularly (monthly?) updates is expected of HDM, make an easy readable/accessible section for it in the Settings menu and make a notification, when new version/release notes are released
    -- With new releases, show me (video/animation) how to use it so I know how to use it. If there is only a description for it, then I'm lost/will quickly forget how to do it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base