Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Objects entering guardian

Guardian should activate when any movement occurs within the guardian eg a child or pet walks in front of you.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guardian creation options

I wish we had options to create straight lines or shapes with the guardian. Many times when creating the guardian, I create uneven lines or wavy lines, which mess with the alerting system. Even though you’re able to decrease the sensitivity, it would be nice to have a consistent boundary in order to have a seamless experience.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Facebook Gameroom streaming

Support streaming to Facebook Gameroom, now that Mixer is no longer that gap would be great to fill with direct live-streaming on an official Facebook platform, rather than sharing it just to pages and groups

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Run custom apps with Oculus Home

It would be great to be able to run certain apps within Facebook home - i.e. Virtual Desktop, or other messaging apps. Especially with the new ability to have Passthrough+ be a Home Environment, being able to run something like Virtual Desktop while in Passthrough+ would allow me to get rid of all my monitors and have a truly immersive work from home setup!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to delete demo versions from the library. I do not want to see demos even in the "not installed" section of my library.

Option to delete demo versions from the library. I do not want to see demos even in the "not installed" section of my library. It is highly annoying to go install a game from my library and see a demo of a game I already bought. Please give us the option to remove these, not just uninstall, but remove it completely from our account. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quest Low Battery Warning

Hi, we need a low battery warning for the quest. There have been several instances where I am playing a game and the quest just dies because there was no audible or visual warning to let you know that the battery is running low!

There needs to be an audio and/or visual warning when using the quest to inform you of low battery either at 20%, 10%, or at 5%.

It's incredibly annoying to be going to the home screen every few minutes to check the battery level. When you're immersed in a game you don't have time to be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete Oculus Avatar

If I own my account, then it is my option whether I have an avatar or not. Why is there no option to delete your avatar (of course there would be a warning that some apps won't open like oculus venues), because a lot of avatars are created on accident and now these people have to live with an avatar on their account. There should always be an option to remove your avatar if you don't want it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard

Make quest 2 to see keyboard and mouse infront of you like we see hands and put 3d skins on them. Now virtual desktop is complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix internal recording to sync audio

Internally recorded vids, The audio is always out of sync. Makes making vids very hard

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove Mandatory Facebook Login

You have my username which is linked to my email. I don't have facebook and will point blank refuse to get it due to your track record of being awful with the security of personal details (Not to mention I don't want to be on social media to play games). There is absolutely no need for this linked account to add friends specifically as I have had an Oculus Quest before the fb takeover and never had to link to anywhere before.

How about you start listening to your userbase who are continuously posting this "question" and get rid of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show downloading percentage while updating.

The update UI on Oculus Quest is really bad at the moment. The rolling releases are confusing a lot of people and when you do get the update, and start downloading it, there is no loading bar or percentage to show you how far it is, what it is doing, and if it even still is downloading (particularly irritating with wifi problems, which I have fairly commonly).

Giving just an indicator like a percentage or even a loading bar gives a lot more information.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add mixed reality features.

Add mixed reality features. As the mapping of environment and its virtual modification.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to select "DuckDuckGo" as search provider in Oculus Browser

I'd like to be able to use DuckDuckGo.com as a default search provider.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better Quality While Casting To A Phone

Make it less laggy when you cast to a phone or any device. Also bump up the quality of the casting.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accessibility options for the disabled

I am requesting the ability to move playspace by keybind as is currently available on SteamVR OpenVR Advanced Settings.

I am disabled and play all games seated, I would like the option to set a keybind to enable a height offset simulating crouching, as well as the ability to freely move the playspace to allow access to items placed on the floor, while still maintaining a standing height in application.

It seems ridiculous that I have to request this feature, as SteamVR has had these features for years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Picture-in-Picture Pass-through

An option to allow ‘Picture-in-Picture Pass-through’ mode for times when you can’t be completely disconnected from what’s going on around you.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Charge battery only up to 80% option

To improve battery lifetime you could add an option to charge it only up to 80%.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Compatibility with Surface Book 3 with GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q

I have a Surface Book 3 15" with the Geforce GTX 1660 Ti card and currently the Oculus software says my card is not supported. Many 1660 Tis are listed as support including notebook ones so could you please allow it to work here ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Point the floor canvas straight forward before drawing the guardian.

The floor canvas grid is always randomly rotated so even in a 10x10m room you can't use the full potential of the 25x25ft max area. (you always loose the corners) orient the floor grid straight forward on reset or let us rotate it before drawing. thx.

regards, peter

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base