Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add a LEFTY option to be used by games/developers

15/12/2019
    Please add some "I am lefty" option in settings so developers can refer to it.
    Example: Darth Vader Immortal
    Lightsaber sticks to the wrong side of yor belt
    Lightsaber training bot assumes you are right-handed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the 'Crash to Home' bug - black screen

When I play a game like Space Pirate (not the demo): from wave 10 or higher, the game crashes and turns black. Looks like to the temperature or memory problem. After a minute the Quest starts over again and the game has ended. I play with the newest Quest software: 9.0 and it happens also with other games. Any tips or solutions?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Revert back to previous update, to reduce controller latency

So, not the latest 10.0 update, but 9.0 update, after that I'm experiencing heavy latency on the controllers. Swinging on Beat Saber and I can feel and see how the controllers are tracking over second behind my swings (this is not what I ordered ffs) So plz take a look at this problem and fix it ASAP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow apps to output to a paired phone's file system.

I just had a dev ask me for logs after a crash but when I said I was on a Quest they informed me it wasn't possible to retrieve logs on the Quest. Since people pair a mobile device to the Quest, why not make that file system accessible to devs? Then they save a copy of the log to your phone so it's easily accessible by the user.

This could also be useful for browsing media from your phone on the Quest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. fix the handsy tracking cuz my left hand is **** glitchy

fix hands tracking bcuz my left hand is **** glitchy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add image stabilisation to Chromecast/phone cast

It is often difficult to help new user because they tend to move their head a lot (specially younger ones) and its make it hard to see what's happening. Some kind of image stabilization would be welcome for casting.

I understand that requires some extra cpu usage to handle (just like the 8% for hand tracking) if it's impossible to have it turned on all the time, then may be to have it enabled only while user is the OS menu ? ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hand=touchpad with hand tracking (phone style

Scroll, tap, pinch zoom and double tap just like in smartphones with index finger sliding on the left hand (left controller)

Same with right hand for optional second controller (clone, or right controller)

Best control for web browser and menu navigation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let us join a friends party or request an invite.

When you come online and see your friends are already in a party there is no way to join them or request an invite.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Battery percentage display when you hover over the 3 dots in the Quest UI

Although you can get a full percentage readout in the mobile app, that is sort of redundant, you would need to remove the HMD and get your phone, open the app, connect it to the Quest then tap through extra menus just to find that information... long! I'm pretty sure we will never get the full percentage display with the introduction of the 3 dots.

At the moment if you hover over the 3 dots all you get as a tooltip is left/right controller. Why not add the percentage in that tooltip... so it would read Left/Right 100% respectively.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OPTION FOR SMALLER/BETTER-PLACED NOTIFICATIONS

In our review of Sports Scramble, we mentioned how we lost a point during one of our tennis games because a notification showed up (for an achievement, ironically enough) right in front of our faces. In the very middle of our view. How has this issue not been resolved? Sure, you can turn notifications off entirely in the Quest settings, but that’s draconian. We need an option to show notifications in a less obtrusive way, and we also need an option to only show notifications once we’re back at the Quest ‘home’ screen. How complicated is that? Not at all.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. VISIBILITY OPTIONS IN THE FRIENDS LIST

Your friends, you don’t always want them to know you’re online, and maybe you don’t even want them to know what app you’re using. Maybe you’re weird, maybe you’ve got your reasons, maybe, and this is vital, your reasons are none of our business. It’s understandable that Facebook, a company based on eroding your privacy might not see how an option to control your visibility settings is important to the average user, but it’s a simple enough option to implement, and we want it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. HMD rotation is incorrect in some PC experiences over Link

Games such as Moss, GNOG, and others have an offset rotation causing extremely quick motion sickness. I cannot experience either of these titles without keeping my head perfectly still.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiplayer made easier

Easier multiplayer , like with xbox and PlayStation, you should be able to invite any friend to any multiplayer game and have the notification come up on screen for you or your friend to click on and your taken straight into the game or if your playing single player a notification comes up within the game to let you know your friend has requested a game . Also an option to turn this off say if you're watching a movie

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pure Black Options On and Off for Scary games

Pure Black Options On and Off for Scary games

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More control over the screen recorings

It would be nice to be able to select the aspect ratio of the recorded media, or at least have it output 1080p 60fps for better quality looking video for uploading.

The current aspect ratio looks like it's 4X3 but rotated (so it's 3X4) - with huge black bands on either side of the video - and records at 35.XX fps.

But it would be nice to be able to record video in different aspect ratios, formats, etc.

Thanks for considering!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Partychat always over gamechat

If you are in a party with friends, this audio should always have priority over gamechat

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wrist bands to assist finger tracking.

I had an idea the other day possibly something the RnD department didnt.

Seeing as hand and finger tracking is coming to the quest I thought the next suggestion may actually be a good one.

I've seen that the current state hand tracking is at, is good.
    But you have to be slow and your fingers have to be directly in front of the cameras.
    If they go out of view they take a while to recover.

I have a fix. Not just a fix but something that will allow for improved tracking and haptic feedback.

Why not make wrist…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice/game Volume adjustment for Facebook Live Streaming

When streaming gameplay to Facebook Live, allow the user to adjust the volume/mix of the gameplay in relation to their own voice. So far my voice is hardly audible when streaming to Facebook Live.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make screen reader for the visually impaired

I know there are multiple apps and multiple ways to select items in those apps but it would be really useful to have a screen reader that could read items on the screen this would enable those who are visually impaired to read items they could not otherwise read

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base