Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Disable windows on Passthrough+ when outside Guardian boundaries

Right now, when you enter Passthrough+, you get an unobstructed view of the outside world. But if you step outside your guardian boundaries, a window pops up for you to reset them.

The behavior I'd like:

• No interface should pop up at any time till you double-tap to return.

• Double-tapping to return inside your guardian brings you back to your game

• Double-tapping to return outisde your guardian brings up the window to change your playspace

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Detect people/pets that wander inside the Guardian radius

I have a cat and small children. Sometimes when I'm playing they will wander into the area and, of course, I can't see or hear them. They're not able to understand this so collisions could occur. Please build a feature to detect interlopers and warn the user.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix microphone for Oculus Link

It works perfectly on the Quest. it works perfectly on the Rift S and buying a separate mic is not an option. It's such a huge aspect of all VR multiplayer games.
    Please.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the Audio Mirroring for Quest+Link

Please fix the issue using Link, where audio can only play through the headset OR the computer but not both at the same time. There is an option in the Oculus software called "Hear VR audio from Computer" which is supposed to mirror the audio, but it does not work for Quest+Link.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Major controller tracking issues ):

Good afternoon! Love the oculus quest products at least up until the latest update. Now any game that requires vigorous swinging for example beat saber or ninja legends, tracking for at least one controller gets lost immediately.Making all the games that I like to play unplayable. Please tell me this is something you are working on to resolve the issue. I’ve seen multiple reviews reflecting the same issue. Thank you for your time

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for miracast

I would love to stream my experience on a big screen, but don't own any Chromecast. However I do own a lot of devices that support Miracast, and it would be great if the quest could support this too

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5Ghz Wifi lock Toggle

5GHZ WiFi Lock toggle - For Cast or any other streaming activities in a Mesh network like Google Wifi is a necessity.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Bandsteering

I do loose WiFi connection in my WiFi mesh when moving between the mesh stations. From all my WiFi capable devices, only the Quest has this problem.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Low battery dot

The low battery notification is sometimes not enough and it would be helpful to have a low battery symbol like the recording and streaming dot. It could also blink at >5% to make sure they know the quest is about to die.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Hand Tracking work in all games

Make Hand Tracking work in all games. Even if it's not that great. Have it as an option under experimental. I want to try super hot with hand tracking. I don't think the dev would ever put out an update for it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Passthrough mode improvements

The new on demand passthrough mode is excellent! Just what sooo many people had hoped for. A few suggestions to make it even better:

• It seems that when you enter back into the VR experience from passthrough on demand the room is re-centred, this is not ideal during a bunch of games (beat saber, richies plank experience) especially if it is accidentally triggered when swapping the headset to another user. Ideally passthrough on demand wouldn’t have any impact on the preset centre of the play space.

• a slider for adjusting the sensitivity of the double tap activation. I think the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 18.0 update issues

Fix the issues in the new 18.0 update. Universal menu panels are now way too dark to read (its as if someone cranked down the contrast and brightness to make the blacks look blacker but text is next to impossible to read. Also, return the green dots on the controller and headset battery levels. Light gray/dark gray dots are hard to read at a glance.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add cut and paste

Not sure why this wasn’t implemented yet

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow to adjust time/timezone without having to factory reset

Currently, when the Oculus Quest system clock is false (maybe it identified the wrong timezone at initial setup; the phone had a wrong clock at setup, you changed your location where there is a different local time, and probably when daylight savings time changes (to be seen)), there is no way other then a factory reset to get the system clock of the quest right again. At factory reset the phone time gets synced with the Quest apparently.

Either add a setting within the Oculus Quest home environment, to change and set the current timezone and sync the time with…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix pairing of arbitrary bluetooth devices.

Being a developer, I would love to able to pair any bluetooth device to my Quest for fun experiments, but there is currently a bug that you cannot enter a PIN because the keyboard does not appear when you click the text field.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. no more fade to black on passthrough when walking away!

I want to leave my headset on while I go grab a drink from the kitchen, I cannot do that as my headset blacks out between my play area and my kitchen... I find this quite frustrating! There is no technical reason that the pass through cameras cannot work indefinitely. Please allow the user to disable the fade to black and simply show the user a warning 'not to do anything stupid like drive a car' while wearing the headset.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio Alarm for Guardian

Audio alarm for when moving outside the guardian.

Hello guys, I’ve recently been playing Echo VR on the Quest and found that I get so immersed and focused in the game that I can ignore the visual guardian and start clobbering things and family members who thought they were safe😁 I’ve added a 3’x4’ rubber mat that I stand on for a physical reminder that does help, but I know most users won’t bother to get creative like that! So if you guys could add an audio alarm option that could be adjusted in settings, that would be awesome!!

Thanks…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base