Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Companion app functionality in Windows Oculus app (casting, etc)

It would be nice to be able to do things that the companion app provides like casting and software installation with a Windows device. A mobile phone screen is not great for allowing more than one person to view gameplay, and many of us have a Surface or other Windows tablet/laptop devices that would serve the purpose much better. It would also be nice to be able to shop/install/view device info from the Windows app like you can do with the Rift.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring the hulu app to quest

Been waiting for hulu since launch why have Netflix but not hulu when hulu is way better

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access and download recordings from Phone

Right now there are only a few options to download your own recordings. You can connect the Quest to a PC or you can stream to Facebook (which reduces quality and increases stuttering based on connection). I propose the ability to access videos on the device directly from inside the companion app. This process would make it easier for those of us who wish to create content for others to enjoy without the fear of quality. If the Quest could also record your voice, that would be great as well and rid us of awkward videos where people talk to…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send URL to headset from companion app

Use companion app to send a URL to the headset which would launch the browser and open the URL, this will make it much easier than having to remember URLs and type them in on a virtual keyboard which involves multiple removals of the headset.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup

Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup. I had to borrow a phone for setup, and it added unnecessary complication to the process (especially because I had to keep enabling things that were turned off on the phone - bluetooth, location etc - and Google Play was hidden by default and that had to be turned on too). It added about 20 minutes and some complexity to setup time unnecessarily.)

I don’t see why it couldn’t all be done through the headset directly – logging into wifi, then into your account, or creating one, viewing a video etc. There’s…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Casting from phone and switching apps

When casting and watching from a phone, if I change apps on my phone and come back to the oculus app, I should still be connected to the headset. It’s annoying to have to reconnect every time I want to switch apps while watching on my phone

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option on the mobile app to view captures

Add an option to view captures on the mobile companion app so we can show people recordings and photos on the go

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AMD Relive VR client approval

AMD Relive VR app approval.
    As there is support for it but it was denied by Oculus, this should be reconsidered by Oculus! AMD users are directed to use HTC Vive HMD’s if they want to use PC GPU rendered stuff via Steam on their HMD’s.

By allowing it, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest would benefit the AMD VR functions and use some apps in Steam. Make use of more powerful rendering at cost of some latency!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think being able to stream to other things instead of Facebook like YouTube,instagram or twitter would widen the horizon for the quest

I think being able to stream to other things instead of Facebook like YouTube,instagram or twitter would widen the horizon for the quest and make it easier to view for many people

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mobile Device Interaction

I feel there should be a feature that allows you to cast your mobile device, such as a phone into the virtual world using the cameras on the outside. So you can scroll through socials or respond to texts in an environment of your choice.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Enternaiment App

In my opinion adding the Tiktok app to the oculus would boost my want/need for the oculus. I love it but, there’s not enough entertainment in my opinion. I love the entertainment I get on tiktok, but I can’t on
    the oculus. So, why not add the tiktok app to oculus. It’s free and has the same concept as the YouTubeVr app. You can watch in either 360 mode or standstill mode. You can like, follow, message and watch others or friends, and whole lots more. Please consider adding this as a oculus app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the Chromecast Casting

The latest Oculus update has broken the Chromecast streaming, which makes sharing your VR experience with friends and family nearly impossible.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disc Cleanup Tool w. a simple graphical presentation of disc usage

Sooner or later will all face that moment when we need to remove an app or two to fit our new purchase, but how many and which of my old apps do I want to remove?

By displaying app size data graphically, as a pie chart for example, it becomes easier to decide what apps to remove.

Specifically, when a user try to add an app that does not fit on disc, give the option to 'Clean Drive', if started from here the cleaner is provided with the space required for the new app. The user can now mark apps…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show a List of updated apps

It would be great to see a list of updated apps on the companion app

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Track download progress

AND A BUG

first off i was wondering if it was possible to, in Oculus phone mobile app, after buying a game in said app, have a page where it tells how long approximately the download has left, and get a popup notification on the phone, that way when we buy something at home, we don't have to keep popping in and out of the headset to see if our new game is finished downloading, and when we buy something while out and about away from the headset, we know it's done and we can jump in when we get…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Country lock on Oculus Store

It seems like Oculus Store on Oculus Quest is only available in a limited number of countries, which personally for me doesn't make much sense. Why would anyone willingly limit their selling potential. Since I don't live in a chosen bunch of countries, I purchased my Quest via Amazon, paying extra for a delivery, which was fine. However, it is hard to accept the fact that most of big name titles seem to be country locked, limiting user from getting their hands on it and developers to get more potential buyers. VR is already quite small community and Oculus Store…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recordings or screenshots get uploaded to a cloud instead of being kept on the quest

recording clips and taking screenshots should be uploaded to a cloud so we can view our captures from the oculus app, instead of having to plug the quest into the pc to get your captures off of it

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)