Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. AMD Relive VR client approval

AMD Relive VR app approval.
    As there is support for it but it was denied by Oculus, this should be reconsidered by Oculus! AMD users are directed to use HTC Vive HMD’s if they want to use PC GPU rendered stuff via Steam on their HMD’s.

By allowing it, Oculus Go and Oculus Quest would benefit the AMD VR functions and use some apps in Steam. Make use of more powerful rendering at cost of some latency!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maintain upwards compatibility from GO to QWEST in Eco System whenever you can.

I never expected my GO apps to not be available in QUEST and less to have to REBUY them. That’s totally unacceptable and makes me want to return my Qwest.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Manage Browser bookmarks from Oculus app

I often see posts about WebVR experiences when browsing online on my phone or computer - actually getting to them on my Quest involves remembering details or trying to look down awkwardly to read a url.

It would be much easier if I could add a bookmark using the Oculus app. That way whenever I find something I want to look at next time I’m in VR I could add the bookmark right away and then it would be there next time I open the browser.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better vrchat

I don’t know if this is oculuses jurisdiction but the quest can’t run most of vrchats content and have unnecessary limits like the new polygon limit that will be here soon almost every quest User in vrchat wants more freedom in the content

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alow the oculus app to view recorded footage from the recorded gallery

It would be nice to show QUEST gameplay footage to others on your phone with the app without having to cast to a TV. Just download whichever video you like and show at your convinience

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More companion app based games for party modes

We need more games that work with iOS or Android platforms for party like games.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Companion app functionality in Windows Oculus app (casting, etc)

It would be nice to be able to do things that the companion app provides like casting and software installation with a Windows device. A mobile phone screen is not great for allowing more than one person to view gameplay, and many of us have a Surface or other Windows tablet/laptop devices that would serve the purpose much better. It would also be nice to be able to shop/install/view device info from the Windows app like you can do with the Rift.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to show others the quest with a portable wifi router - one that doesn't need to be setup to the internet or as an access point

I would like to show others the quest with a portable wifi router - one that doesn't need to be setup to the internet or as an access point

This would work in the park or dealing with slow internet networks.

However it seems like you need internet to start the stream (but it isn't needed after the connection is started)

How have others dealt with this?
    Are there any options that others know about?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disconnect From Casting Stream from Destination Phone.

Disconnect Casting Stream from Destination Phone.

When you cast to the linked phone, it looks like there is now way to disconnect from the cast stream remotely from the phone.
    You have to disconnect from within the Quest headset only.
    Being able to disconnect from the cast stream from the phone should free up the app to be able to choose a different cast destination for example to a Chromecast instead without having the Quest user do it from the headset.
    Verrrrry useful !

Since posting, I have noticed if you tap the screen showing the casting a "stop" button…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let ImmersedVR be on the Oculus store!!!

Let ImmersedVR be on the Oculus store!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup

Don't require a mobile phone for Quest setup. I had to borrow a phone for setup, and it added unnecessary complication to the process (especially because I had to keep enabling things that were turned off on the phone - bluetooth, location etc - and Google Play was hidden by default and that had to be turned on too). It added about 20 minutes and some complexity to setup time unnecessarily.)

I don’t see why it couldn’t all be done through the headset directly – logging into wifi, then into your account, or creating one, viewing a video etc. There’s…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Full Screen Game Detail/Demo Videos in store on iOS and in Quest

When browsing games in the Oculus store on my Iphone and in the Quest itself, the videos and photos should be able to go "full screen". I'd like to be able to view them larger, just like when watching a movie or viewing photos...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show a List of updated apps

It would be great to see a list of updated apps on the companion app

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Casting from phone and switching apps

When casting and watching from a phone, if I change apps on my phone and come back to the oculus app, I should still be connected to the headset. It’s annoying to have to reconnect every time I want to switch apps while watching on my phone

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. IAP Costs in mobile app

Hey guys, would it be possible to add a list of IAP for apps/games that have them (Epic Roller Coaster/Beat Saber) within the description of the game/app in the Oculus mobile app? That will allow us to see the total cost of ownership for title. also allow us to purchase them directly from the app. The Apple App Store is a good example of this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Track download progress

AND A BUG

first off i was wondering if it was possible to, in Oculus phone mobile app, after buying a game in said app, have a page where it tells how long approximately the download has left, and get a popup notification on the phone, that way when we buy something at home, we don't have to keep popping in and out of the headset to see if our new game is finished downloading, and when we buy something while out and about away from the headset, we know it's done and we can jump in when we get…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

946 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Companion App" on the Quest itself.

I don't own a phone, so it's been a high-friction part of the Quest's usability, but even if I had one -- why? Why aren't the Quest's features and options controlled from itself? Wouldn't this be easier for everyone if they didn't have to use their phone? Maybe not because everyone is more attached to their phone than anything...

The only rationale I can think of is that it was convenient to have the device initialized with an account (from the phone). But the need for multiple accounts is strong and this probably also requires some account management and ability…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skip setup nonsense when doing a factory reset

Because the Quest is still relatively new and problems crop up to which the only solution is a Factory Reset, please make it so that we can skip the protracted nonsense when pairing it again with the app. It's extremely tedious to watch a video about how to move children and dogs out of the way when all I want to do is work on getting my headset back up again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. create custom media source

I have custom nextCloud (which works like dropBox) where I share my family videos for example. It is complicated for my parents to go to browser, login into nextCloud, search for new items (videos, photos), download them, etc. I would be great to have an ability to plug in custom media source.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base