Oculus Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform. We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Disc Cleanup Tool w. a simple graphical presentation of disc usage

Sooner or later will all face that moment when we need to remove an app or two to fit our new purchase, but how many and which of my old apps do I want to remove?

By displaying app size data graphically, as a pie chart for example, it becomes easier to decide what apps to remove.

Specifically, when a user try to add an app that does not fit on disc, give the option to 'Clean Drive', if started from here the cleaner is provided with the space required for the new app. The user can now mark apps…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option in the Oculus App to remove previous headsets

Add the option to remove a previous headset from the Oculus App.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement a mixed reality feature with arkit or arcore

Arkit has come very far and now supports mapping the skeletal structure of a person into a virtual space. It can be used to render another view of a game like “beatsaber” and map a person to the game so onlookers can have an easy way to see what the Quest user is doing in vr. Like a “Cast plus” mode.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring the hulu app to quest

Been waiting for hulu since launch why have Netflix but not hulu when hulu is way better

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make our possible to remove device after RMA

RMAd a quest but forgot to factory reset it before sending in. Now there is no way to remove the device in the app from your account. Even support can't!

Make it possible to remove the device regardless if the device it's still in your possession or at least make it possible for support!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Send URL to headset from companion app

Use companion app to send a URL to the headset which would launch the browser and open the URL, this will make it much easier than having to remember URLs and type them in on a virtual keyboard which involves multiple removals of the headset.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full screen video for app detail

I love shopping for games on the companion app. The app video that shows a demo of the game is really helpful.

I think that there should be an option to make them full screen though.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Standard resolution option for casting to device.

Is there a way to cast the quest video feed to my phone at the standard resolution or higher? What is the reason that the "this device" setting is low resolution? How can I cast at the highest resolution possible for our clients? There is a higher resolution when you use a chrome cast and a tv. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Give the ability to remove a headset from your headset list, even when not connected.

It can be used to remove a headset that you sold and forgot to factory reset, broke, or in my case to remove the extra headset in your list that you shipped in to get replaced and can no longer access.

This is not a widespread issue and thus not a priority, so please vote so we can make this happen! Here's a picture of what the settings can be limited to when not connected to the headset.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give the ability to name your headset

Will be helpful for organization and casting a headset when you have multiple but don’t know the codes by heart. I’ve provided an image for what it can look like with the rename ability.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Event Categories/Search Events in Oculus App

Now that there are more and more Events coming I would recommend to make the Events Section in the Oculus App searchable and/or introduce Categories from which you can choose e.g. Comendy, Music, Discussion etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More social: (optional) video chat while casting

Isolation is a "bug and feature" with VR. Sure, total immersion in the game is cool. But shutting yourself off from your family in the same room - not as cool.

So what if the companion app had an option to turn on the front camera on the phone/tablet (while casting, or even as a standalone feature) - and then a small video chat window would appear in VR?

This would instantly make the Quest more social (and less disorienting, for the purpose of guiding a new VR user in the experience).

No more having to tap the should of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option on the mobile app to view captures

Add an option to view captures on the mobile companion app so we can show people recordings and photos on the go

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make password hidden, when logging in to Amazon Prime VR!

Hi, I just got my Quest, and went to 'TRY' and watch some Amazon Prime VR content, but I cannot find a way to hide my password? Is there any hope of this changing?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I found bug in you software for android.

Hi!

I bought yesterday oculus quest and and spent 3 hours of his life to launch it for the first time. Every time I have a 99 percent update on my device. As a result, I already thought that it was a marriage and wanted to return it to the store where I bought it.

But then I decided to try to bind the device to ios instead of android and it worked.

As it turned out, if at the stage when your application shows a video about security when setting up oculus quest, press the soft or hard button…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Oculus App for NVIDIA SHIELD TV

Please make the Oculus App available for the NVIDIA SHIELD TV device.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notify users through their apps if there is a problem on your end

If you have an issue with your services- send alerts to peoples apps so THEY DON’T perform FACTORY RESETS AND LOOSE ALL THEIR ARTWORK!!!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – thanks for submitting this idea. While not exactly what you’re looking for, I wanted to let you know about our new platform status page that just launched. We’ll use this page to report on any known issues affecting our services and/or products—including fixes. Head over to support.oculus.com/status to check it out!

I’ll continue to leave this idea open as the request is more aimed at notification within the Oculus app, but thought the above was worth sharing nonetheless!

20. Silent Android notifications

On the Android app, I'm perfectly happy to let you upsell me!! What I'm not ok with is getting woken up by audible notifications at midnight (this has happened). Please give us an option for having the Android notifications be silent!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base