Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Respect system volume on Android

When casting to Android app, it defaults to headset sound on and does not allow volume change on the android devices. It should allow us to turn the volume down on Android (not edit headset volume)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using google play store and google play apps

As android it could in theory be used to marry google play games including google cardboard games either through using an android phone through link cable and an app on the phone allowing app access or direct download of apps from the appstore on the oculus quest 2. to allow this action would be worth the wealth of mobile vr apps to be encorperated into the quest sideloading option or as a oculus app called google cardboard for quest. Just a thought.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add unpair option to companion app

My issue is the on the mobile app, which I've reinstalled many times, there is no way to remove my previous quest 2 or unpair it from my phone.

I no longer have access to that old quest 2 as I had it replaced because it was faulty. And because I cannot factory reset it, there is no way for me to remove my account nor this "ghost" quest 2 which is stuck on my oculus app and I cannot unpair or remove it.

Please pass this to your development team so they can add this "unpair" feature to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show Extended Battery Pack charge level in app

As on the Quest itself, where individual charge percentages are shown (on hover) for the headset, and extended battery, please update the app to also show the separate charge levels.

Thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to change the quest 2 time

Why can't we change the time on our Oculus 2? my quest 2 fails to sync and wrong time. It is a basic thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trailers don't play if you scroll screenshots first

On Android, I noticed that if you first scroll and watch screenshots and then go back to the trailer, the video wouldn't play. It just hangs forever. If you click back and on the game again and then click the trailer right away, it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Companion app record button

While I appreciate that a record button has been added, I would prefer that it not be visible 100% of the time. Please make it only visible when I tap the screen, like the rest of menus. Likewise when recording, just a small red dot on the phone screen as a reminder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pixel 5 app cuts off at the top and bottom of the screen.

Hard to click anything at the top and bottom of the app on a Pixel 5. It would be hard to tell in this photo but the top buttons are actually under the notification bar and whenever you go to click something it just pulls the bar down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to select which headset to install apps on

In the app my quest and quest2 are listed together. If I try to install a game it will only queue the install for the quest. Cannot install to quest 2 from the app. Please let me choose which device to install the app/game on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set up videos on demand in the vr

What does every one do when they get a headset? Put it on! Please can it tell you what to do next? How to get your favourite game working etc? May be on a vr video?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a two-way video communication method between Quest (could be Rift too) and Messenger (remote) OR the companion app (local)...

The purpose would be to make VR more social / less isolated - in particular in relation to people sharing the same local space. For example, being able to play at home while also being able to chat with one's family.

In the HMD one should get a HUD-like floating monitor popup with the video chat window, in a way that's not too intrusive to the VR activity itself.

In the non-VR client (which can be the Oculus companion app for local use or the Messenger app for remote communication), one should see a Tony Stark in Iron Man-like view…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download vids & pics to phone / share vids and clips over oculus chats

Hey!
    You should be able to download videos and photos on the app, similar to how x Box is running things. Also, I really wish you could send pics and vids over oculus chats. I'll try to send an oculus friend a game clip but can't do so unless I have his messenger. I know I'm not the only one who wants this feature and It would be a serious game-changer for content sharing!
    I really appreciate the consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ecommerce shops/virtual auction in quest to do shopping with others and discuss products

Virtual department stores where you can meet other people in VR and go shopping together or discuss products. maybe even meet a sales person for special prices like on a bazar or virtual auction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cast to LG Smart Tv’s.

Wider variety of casting options. Specifically smart TV’s (Samsung, LG, Sony, etc.).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "People You Recently Played With" Feature

It would be good if there was a feature in the app or headset that said "People You Recently Played With" and then listed them as I see people in games over and over in Elven Assassin etc but I can never remember their names to search for them afterward.

If it showed a list of people I played against and on co-op with it would make it easier to reconnect with people I meet in different games.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add more games

Add blade and sorcery and older games from the other oculus consoles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. patch OculusLink on Quest Devices. firmware v23. OculusLink crash at start.

patch OculusLink on Quest Devices. firmware v23. OculusLink crash at start.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Casting to the phone app when the phone is wifi hotspot

When the quest is connected to a mobile phone wifi hotspot you cannot cast from the quest to the phone. The two devices are connected via wifi so it should be possible.

Please fix this, oculus.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adapt Mixed Reality Capture with Quest + link

Hello,
    i am trying Mixed Reality Capture with quest and pc and software, game and OBS work fine as long as game is on Quest. I see that it is impossible to make the software work with the Quest + Link. Would it be possible to change this on the software? If possible add it so that people can enjoy it if we stream with the pc game on Quest

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base