Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add ceiling guardian option

I’d like to be able to mark the ceiling of my guardian due to low ceilings/ hanging obstacles/

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add multiplayer support to hand tracking (could be used for communication via sign language)

I recently noticed a request in the Bigscreen forums to add hand tracking support to the game. The person who requested it was deaf, and most of his friends were deaf too. He wanted to use hand tracking in order to communicate with them via sign language. The Bigscreen devs said they wanted to add it, but that hand tracking doesn't yet support multiplayer. Meaning the game can track your hands, but no one else will be able to see your gestures.

So I'm making this request that multiplayer support be added to hand tracking. Not only would it work…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Larger maximum playspace size

I just tried setting up Quest in my backyard, and having a massive playspace with no wires is amazing! Unfortunately I'm only able to use about half of my backyard because Quest won't let me draw a larger boundary than that, and I don't really want to turn off Guardian entirely for fear of running into things.

Please increase the maximum Guardian size so I can make better use of this larger space.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the Audio Mirroring for Quest+Link

Please fix the issue using Link, where audio can only play through the headset OR the computer but not both at the same time. There is an option in the Oculus software called "Hear VR audio from Computer" which is supposed to mirror the audio, but it does not work for Quest+Link.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [For victim of Oculus Quest 2] Proposal of support campaign for those who bought Oculus Quest recently.

==========================================
    ・Agenda?: Free app campaign
    ・For who? : Victim of Oculus Quest 2 (People those who have just bought Oculus Quest)
    ・How much?:About $300 (The price gap between Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2)

・Why?: To keep being fan of Oculus

I'm writing this topic for those who have just bought Oculus Quest.

Congratulations on the sale of Oculus Quest 2, but for those who have recently bought Oculus Quest, the gap in both specs and price is so sudden and shocking. (Several of my friends and myself bought the Oculus Quet just a month ago.)

Normally, a new product…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Request to solve the Facebook crazy ban account problem

My facebook account is often blocked for no reason. I uploaded my authentication video to the app, but the reply I got was that it violated the "Community Standards"? Facebook insisted that I be banned, I don 't know what I did that violated the Community Standards, Do you think I' m using this account under a false identity? I don't go to Facebook very often, and I hardly speak at all, because I don't use Facebook very often, and I signed up just to play Oculus, I currently have riftS, And pre-ordered QUEST2 on Amazon

Before that, I logged…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix microphone for Oculus Link

It works perfectly on the Quest. it works perfectly on the Rift S and buying a separate mic is not an option. It's such a huge aspect of all VR multiplayer games.
    Please.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We want pavlov vr to Quest!

Pavlov dev has said that oculus are not wanting to get his great game to Quest.

I think Oculus should do everything they can to get this must have game to Quest!

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Indie section.

Really could use something like an Indie section. What if something like Pavlov VR wasn't approved? I wouldn't be able to experience something that fun unless I sideloaded? Please let the ideas flow!

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let us change the resolution permanently. (Supersampling)

There are different tools out there, that let you change the resolution of the Quest. (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x of the original resolution). That uses more battery but most of the games still run without frame drops on 2x and it looks absolutely stunning and way better than on the original resolution.
    It would be awesome if there would be an option to choose between "better resolution" and "better battery lifetime".

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for miracast

I would love to stream my experience on a big screen, but don't own any Chromecast. However I do own a lot of devices that support Miracast, and it would be great if the quest could support this too

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Oculus Link Discharging on Quest 2

I am using Oculus Link on my PC directly plugged into my GPU (RTX 2070) this used to work fine on Oculus Quest 1, the battery drain on Quest 2 with link is a real problem, it discharges slowly but I have to plug into my battery bank to charge and play instead of using link for awhile.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. HDMI Casting Dock

The biggest let down to Oculus Quest 2 is its inability to “cast” on any tv... It only works on chrome cast, that’s very disappointing.

My proposal is for y’all to build a $100 HDMI receiver for the Oculus that can pick up and mirror to any TV. It’s very simple.

Oculus is a party pleaser! It’s for groups to watch, not just to play solo.

The device would also mirror sound and will look like this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Major controller tracking issues ):

Good afternoon! Love the oculus quest products at least up until the latest update. Now any game that requires vigorous swinging for example beat saber or ninja legends, tracking for at least one controller gets lost immediately.Making all the games that I like to play unplayable. Please tell me this is something you are working on to resolve the issue. I’ve seen multiple reviews reflecting the same issue. Thank you for your time

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prices according to countries..

Hi dear Oculus team ,

I live in Turkey...I am so happy to have oculus quest...

My concern is,
    The prices of games are really high when we convert it Dollars to Turkish lira...I believe that you should arrange prices according to countries economic situation... We are equal, but not living in same conditions..

(For your information please check other companies prices : Apple games - Steam games - Google play etc.. These carriers prices were adjusted according to the situation in Turkey. )

I hope, I expressed myself well.

Sincerely,

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow us to bring up the virtual keyboard in the browser

Since Plex has said they won't make an app for the Quest, we need to utilize the browser to watch items on plex media server. Logging in to that server requires a PIN entry. However the browser doesn't see it as a text entry, so doesn't bring up the keyboard for you to enter the pin. I see no way to manually bring up the keyboard.
    While I use plex as an example, it's not the only site I've run in to with this issue.

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Oculus link work with full color range inside Steam VR

Right now using Oculus Link to play Steam VR games outputs a limited RGB color range (16-235) to the Quest display, this causes washed out colors and low contrast overall. Please change this to use the Full RBG color range (0-255) so we can use the display on our devices to it's full capacity.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Offer a clip for original Link cable for Quest2

The Original Quest Link cable came with a plastic clip for strain relief on the Original Quest but the clip won't fit Quest 2. Oculus should either ship out a free clip to anyone that upgraded and already bought a Link cable for the original Quest, or at the very least offer to sell the clip or whatever strain relief system they are shipping the new Link Cable with for the Quest 2.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow prepaid or gift cards to be used in the Oculus store.

I would like to give an Amazon card or other gift card to an Oculus user.
    I have lost track of the number of $25 itunes cards I use for music and books.
    You are missing out on some bucks by being tied to credit cards.
    Please make this improvement to acquiring your dandy apps.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CASTING WITHOUT CHROMECAST!

Cast without buying Chromecast! SmartTV, same WI-FI, Quest headset...CONNECT! DONE!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base