Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Disable FOV clipping by software in step 3

When you move from 2.9 inbetween IPD (Quest2) and jump to exactly 3 the FOV is cut by software to have boxed shape.

I prefer the option to disable it. I don't mind the curved limits, it looks well and with bigger FOV.

Thanks

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1,221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Two devices one account

How come we cant set up 2 devices on one account??? Bought second quest to play against wife. Makes no sense to buy games twice so that we can play together in the same house

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add high refresh rate mode Quest during PC Link

As John Carmack accidentally said during the keynote, the oculus quest is actually able to run 90 hz content, but it was decided not to enable this on oculus quest games for a variety of reasons.

But when connected to a PC, these reasons largely don't apply and this would be a huge comfort improvement. I understand this would require the headset to be re certified by the FCC, but I expect that you will see a lot more users using this feature if it provides as smooth of an experience as the oculus rift.

Enable 90 hz, or at…

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Family sharing account

I have 2 hmd and would like to play with my son without making new acc

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Passthrough Mode with Guardian Turned Off

Like many developers, using the guardian can be cumbersome when switching between my desk and headset, so i utilize the option that lets you turn the guardian off. However, that seems to disable the passthrough mode, either double tap or the passthrough environment. Passthrough should be able to be turned on with the guardian turned off, because then instead of being totally blind, theres almost a middle-ground.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update needed to be able to cast to Roku TVs

Provide an update that includes support for casting to Roku TVs!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add roku tv to cast compatible device.

It would be great if I could cast my oculus quest 2 sessions to my roku tv for friends and family to enjoy.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would love to be able to cast Oculus to Roku devices!

Really love that there are options to cast what you're seeing in VR to other devices so the people around you can see it, but I wish this was a possibility through my Roku TV. Please consider developing out the option to cast Oculus to Roku.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have Cross Buy displayed in the store!

I would purchase a title that has cross buy WAY over ones that doesn't. It stinks that you have to guess if a title will show up on all my devices.

Have cross buy (for those with multiple devices) show up in the store and when you search for titles.

Thanks

1,024 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

1,007 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have Oculus Go Software Support

Let us either have access to our go games, or at the very least, transfer the quest ports to our accounts, if there is one. This was the selling point for my quest 2, knowing it was compatible with my library, since it was running a very similar software to quest 1, now I can't use any of my games. I know many other people have this problem, lets fix it.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do NOT require a Facebook account!

Have made several attempts to create an account for my son who is f age according to the community standards using fresh emails and phone number. They get blocked, appealed, then irrevocably, permanently disabled before the account can ever be logged into or used. This has made the Oculus a $300 brick and the box hasn't even been opened (still sealed in plastic).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Linux Support for Oculus Link

Please consider providing Linux support for the Oculus Link.

With the increasing number of native Linux builds on SteamVR and the current stability of Steam's wine powered Proton compatability layer for Windows games, the ability to use Oculus Link on Linux has become attractive.

At minimum, the production of documentation useful to the Open Source community providing the means for a third party implementation would be greatly appreciated -- beyond the general overview currently provided:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/how-does-oculus-link-work-the-architecture-pipeline-and-aadt-explained/

If the official stance from Oculus is to not support Linux, at least give us the opportunity to support ourselves with your help.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Asgard's Wrath offer available for EVERY Quest 2 is the RIGHT THING TO DO!!!

Dont be greedy!
    We supported you first and now you are turning your back on us. Basically I need to return mine to BB then buy it from you. How is that a good customer experience and do you really want a lot of returns just because of greed and stubbornes?
    Wrong move...but you still can fix your image and do the right thing. The ball is on your court.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Easy translation for subtitles by users

Dear Oculus, you can make much more money selling games, but for some reason you don't.
    You also restrict the rights of people with disabilities who cannot hear.

Oblige game developers:
    1) always use subtitles;
    2) in all games users should be able to create and easily add subtitles for other languages. It is most important! Now we can easily translate a subtitle file into almost any other language using Google Translate and other programs. Do it and you will make a lot more money in sales.
    3) Russian is one of the languages of international communication. Why are so…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow us to gift games to our friends!

It would be great to do exactly 2 things:
    - View friend's wishlists.
    - Buy games for my friends!

I just want to grant wishes man! C'mon. Take my money.

K. Thx. Bai!

895 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Family accounts multiple devices

Can we set up multiple user on one device? It’s unfortunate that a family can’t buy two devices and share games. That is price gauging in my opinion. I might not have bought two if I knew that.

Please answer my questions

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base