Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow REMOVING Apps from Library

DEMOS and many free apps clutter up the interface and add content I never want to see again.
    If I OWN THE FULL VERSION of an app I definitely DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE DEMO version. This is the simplest case, but there a numerous other reasons to allow me to completely remove an app from the library, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FORCE THE UI to always fall back to default of SHOWING ALL APPS!!!!!!! (Remembering the selected filter WORKS ON QUEST 1 but you BROKE IT IN QUEST 2, so this is a bug which also needs to be…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Official Oculus Link Wireless using WiFi

Official support for using PCVR titles wirelessly via WiFi streaming

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Software IPD settings for Quest 2

For me the best sweet spot and distortion is Step 2 but my IPD is 68.

Quest 2 has software IPD that changes with the lens, because the screen is fixed.

I have software and hardware IPD in another hmd and it works perfect.

You only have to give us the option to change the offset of the software IPD, and then you can change the best option for you. Please give us this option. Then I can have full fov with my IPD.

Thanks.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Photos support in Quest 2

I had an old, 2016 Google Daydream that integrated smoothly with Google Photos official app to view my 360 content in vr.

On my Quest 2 in 10/2020.
    The Oculus TV app won't connect to Google Photos and the Google Photos web doesn't offer webxr through the oculus or Firefox browser. And the Oculus Gallery app has apparently been discontinued, though I've read that synced with Google Photos.

Please add immersive vr integration with my Google Photos account to the Quest 2.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow permanent deletion or archiving of apps from the App Store and app lab

Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them.

Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset.

Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them.

More options would be great but an option to remove apps…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pixel Inversion/ Scanline Correction Software

Pixel inversion/scanline correction software; since getting the rift S now moving to the quest 2, I am part of the small minority of oculus vr headset owners who are sensitive to scanlines/ pixel inversion. I am not talking about the screen door effect where it can be seen as a grid made up of lines which this can be seen clearly on the rift s, this is harder to see but easy to see on white backgrounds on the quest 2. I am talking about scanline/pixel inversion which can be seen by only some people as myself which appears as…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove new user requiring Facebook Account

Starting in October 2020, new users will not be able to use an oculus account and instead will be required to sign in with Facebook. Also oculus accounts will not work on January 2023 resulting in loss of almost all features and game developers potentially cutting support without Facebook account.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show logged hours of gameplay next to reviews

For more transparency about the opinions people read before making a purchase in the Oculus Store, display the total amount of time a reviewer has spent in a game at the time they post the review.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Anti-scratch lens rings for ALL Quest 2 purchases.

I would like to see Facebook address the very large issues of scratched lens' by including provided anti-scratch lens rings with the quest 2 rather than the spacer bracket for glasses, of which literally does nothing but give you a few mm more of space, it in no way prevents the glasses from going glass on plastic with the Quest 2 which results in horrific scratching of the lenses.
    Facebook provides a spacer to users under the guise that it does something, that is specific for glasses wearers, and that is to allow more room in the facial interface to…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show controller charge level as percentage.

Please restore the percentage icons for the controllers on the Quest home. The percentage bar was more useful and accurate. Thank you.

ArnookieVR??

1,195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hebrew input method support in oculus browser

It will be really helpful to add a way to input more languages, either through the virtual keyboard or through a physical one. It’s currently the only thing limiting work with foreign language websites/document editing for required language.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Family Sharing

Several other platforms like Steam, PlayStation, etc. offer family sharing for multiple users in the same household. The same game can’t be played at the same time across multiple accounts or devices, but can be shared within a household in the same way that physical media works.

3,009 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NO MANDATORY FACEBOOK

You fricking kidding me?! A mandatory Facebook account?! Don’t have a Facebook account and don’t want one. Smart move forcing us to have a Facebook account. Especially since Facebook has such a great track record of managing peoples data and privacy. GET RID OF IT

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mic Recording

Allow the option for your mic to be recorded when you are recording. Currently you can you only record the audio form the quest and not your mic. An option to turn it off and on would be very beneficial and would help in creating video content using the quest!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Check quality of screens avoiding selling headsets with dead pixels.

I have bought a Quest 2 headset in Amazon and it has a dead pixel. I know the are more users with this problem receiving a second unit with the same problem. I like the Q2 but like me a lot of VR enthusiasts want to enjoy games with no hardware issues.

Please. Take care of people who have supported VR from the beginning.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cast to Roku please

Would like to cast to Roku

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

REMOVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN PLEASE

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More guardian settings

I wish we had more guardian options, e.g. opacity level, only the line/border on the floor (without the surrounding grid), distance threshold/tolerance settings for grid/border activation and a radius setting for the stationary circle (its a little bit too narrow by default).

My play space is big enough to move a few steps in every direction, but when swinging in beat saber or point my arms forward in space pirate Trainer the guardian comes up to eagerly.

Thanks for consideration!

You guys rock btw :)

2,591 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all! Thanks for submitting and voting for this idea.

As part of the build 7.0 update that is rolling out this week, we’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
    - If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
    - You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Since this idea is a bit more expansive in terms of what is being asked for, we’re going to leave this open for voting for now. We hope you enjoy the new Guardian settings that have been added in the meantime!

19. Customizable home space

I'd like the ability to customize the home environment in Quest, personalizing it to my tastes.

Best case scenario, I'd like to see the same home functionality seen on Rift, possibly with cross compatibility.

If that's not technically possible though, then perhaps a less complex environment, or perhaps predefined 'skins' developed by the UX team.

2,563 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who has voted for this idea! As part of a previous software update, we added the Environments setting to give you more control over your Home space. You can view and change your environment from your Settings panel. To do this point at your bottom toolbar and select Settings > See all > Virtual Environments. Then point and choose the environment that you want to apply. This feature is now available to all users.

As both the initial idea and the comments speak to a functionality request that goes beyond this addition (things like decorating your space with objects, being able to move around the space, etc.), we are marking this idea as started to leave it open for voting rather than closing it as complete. We hope you are enjoying the new environment options we have added!

20. allow screen casting of OQ2 headset regardless the account in use

Screen casting needs to be enabled always on the primary account, regardless the account in use, as it works now, you cannot screen cast at all when a secondary account is logged in

I have two Oculus Quest 2 to host friends at my place and play together using app sharing.
    Both headset are on my primary facebook account, and one headset has "app sharing" enabled and i let my friends logging in with their own accounts.

When a secondary account is in an Oculus Quest 2 device, there is no way to cast the screen because it requires the…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base