Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Implement TRM to improve performance 37%+

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/rainbow/projects/trm/

Basically, send every other frame on each eye at lower resolution, it can improve performance without perceived quality loss (might be better than fixed foveated rendering, and can be combined with it for even more performance).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send txt msges to Other

First off you have to fix your forum tracking because it ouldnt let me post this with proper punctuation because one single word in it was seen before in nother idea... quite frustrating.

My idea Is to be able to send text and voice messages to your Oculus friends from your social page on your home screen/ the friends profile as if im not in a voice party with them or offline with them I can never communicate and it adds a seperation to the social aspect as VR is still in fairly earily stages and some games and such…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Jeux Steam

Des Jeux Steam Svp

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to ship to postal office

I'm someone that likes to ensure my packages are safe from porch pirates. I've have a few of my packages taken off of my porch in the past, and I have after the third time begun shipping to my local postal office and pick up my packages from there. I'm surprised that this is not an option from Oculus and it would be a good option to have available so that their products are safe and make it to their customers without incident.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Connect headset order to subsequently created account.

I placed my order for my quest BEFORE I set up my oculus account and now my order history is unconnected to the account I subsequently created. I imagine many if not most orders will work that way as well. We search for a link to buy the device and then buy it. I do not remember being asked if I wanted to set up an account before completing my order, which I would have done.

AFTER I ordered, I started looking at possible programs to run, and THEN as I was ordering them, I realized I would need to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Controllers

Not everyones hands are the same. One way to beat repetitive motion problems like tendonitis and arthritis is to make it so your fingers are not always stuck in one place on the controller. I am not much of a gamer but since buying quest I have played dead and buried 2 an hour or 2 a day and my left thumb is in agony. One way to prevent this would be a moveable (sliding) joystick that can slide along a rail and lock in place to provide the most comfortable position for each person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. just 1 wish: 'the walking dead: saints and sinners'

it's all i want and all i need.

plllssss...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Linden labs sansar runing on the quest

Please add sansar virtual world to the oculus quest. Sansar is made by linden labs the creators of second life.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disconnect From Casting Stream from Destination Phone.

Disconnect Casting Stream from Destination Phone.

When you cast to the linked phone, it looks like there is now way to disconnect from the cast stream remotely from the phone.
    You have to disconnect from within the Quest headset only.
    Being able to disconnect from the cast stream from the phone should free up the app to be able to choose a different cast destination for example to a Chromecast instead without having the Quest user do it from the headset.
    Verrrrry useful !

Since posting, I have noticed if you tap the screen showing the casting a "stop" button…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To get more games that you see on YouTube with the oculus quest

You see so many cool games on YouTube you get an oculus quest and you can’t buy any of the supposedly “good games” that just need to add more of those games you see on YouTube

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CHF currency in Switzerland

Set the Switzerland currency or made it clear that it won’t be possible before paying 499CHF

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adjustable Haptics on Quest

It might be cool if in the main settings would be an option to adjust levels of rumbling - from OFF to way more intense feedback levels than these available now.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user defined game/app groups

Let me make groups to store my apps in. For example, I'd like to keep my "beaten but fun enough to mess around in" games in a separate group so I can more easily find the ones I'm still playing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guitar Hero like game for VR

Hello, I am a big fan of your oculus quest gear. All the games are fun and interactive but I had a thought about a game that would be really cool. What about a game about playing the “ air guitar” or other musical instrument kinda of like guitar hero without the physical need for the instruments. Like beat saber mixed with guitar hero game play. Lets say you are looking down a drum set and as the game plays blocks will come towards a certain part of the instrument and you have to hit that certain drum in tune…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improvements to the game selection

Please add steam VR there’s not a lot of fun games to play right now

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't cast to huwai phones

I've talked to a lot of people on Facebook. If you try to cast to a huwai phone it works for 10 seconds then freezes. Please fix it

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beginner instructions

Do a more in depth start instructions; for example i didn’t know how to go back to home page i’d tweak the floor level, i figured out the floor thing but i’m still working on going to the home page. also can i work for u guys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Developer options: Remember that the guardian is disabled after standby/reboot

This was removed in the latest update and it's really frustrating: When I disable the guardian system in developer options it turns itself back on when the headset is restarted. A second checkbox with: 'remember after reboot/standby' would be a very welcome addition.

The current behaviour is very inconvenient as I only develop for the quest in my free time and thus the headset is turned on and off quite frequently.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Install a VPN. Those outside of the US are missing out on apps ie FandangoNow!

As some already posted along with privacy and security of course, many Quest users outside of the US are missing out on many games, apps and experiences. In particular the newly announced release of FandangoNow and the massive library of 3D movies that we've all been hoping for!.
    A VPN is a solution to this (or provide an alternative?)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix Gallery photo smearing!

Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest applies heavy pixel smoothing in Gallery when viewing 180º3D or 360º3D photos for no explicable reason. We put a lot of effort in creating sharp and detailed VR180 photos and videos and keep hearing the feedback "videos look good but why are the photos blurry?" -from friends watching them in these headsets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base