Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Forced crosshair option for motion sickness reduction

Mirror's edge developers noticed that no crosshair in beta version caused motion sickness... Playing in TV!

A crosshair for look everytime to screen center prevents motion sickness.

I tested a few spaceship games doing acrobacyes and when i fix my eyes to static crosshair i don't feel motion sickness. The big problem comes when i look to objects of the world relativelly moving when i move or rotate.

A simple overlay crosshair option would be very useful with an explaination for suggest that.

Some people feels motion sickness with original Doom because weapon is constantly moving with no crosshair because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to play steam vr with the quest link

Be able to launch and play steam vr with the quest link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The tutorial should allow casting

The tutorial with the dancing robot and everything should allow casting

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Help developers optimize their games!

I primarily use PCVR but I travel a lot for work so I picked up a Quest.

I find the massive amount of dropped frames on Quest to be insanely distracting. I realize AWS is computationally expensive and may never come to Quest but I think there needs to be a push for getting everything to run smoother/better optimization.

Perhaps there could be some official documentation focused on educating developers on how they can get their games to minimize missing frame rate? Maybe even a team of coders who could float around and get hands on with developers?

The amount…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easier to create a (Facebook) 3D-Screenshot with the Quest

It would be really cool if it was possible to take a 3D-Photo within the headset to share it on Facebook afterwards (additionally to the regular screenshots).

Or even better: Make it possible for the user to capture an image from each lense simultanious to create a 3D-Photo later on.

That would be really cool!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the universal menu bar customisable, like the Android notifications menu

The ability to customise the UM bar would be great. It could include favourite apps, bookmarks, and quick settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix and Improve

I think that we should be pushing companies to make their VR games for the quest. The loss of the outside sensors can make you feel free, but the system is lacking in the amount of games that is putting out is less than ideal. Games like Duck Season, FNAF VR, Budget Cuts, Rick and Morty Virtual Rickality, and even Tabletop Simulator, NEED TO BE PORTED. If the constant flow of major VR titles keep being ported to the quest, it will make people less afraid to buy a system that uses it's own software, and doesnt run windows. The…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have the quest be able to connect to a computer and play games on that

On the quest you don’t have many games but if you could connect it to a computer and be able to play games on the computer in VR though you would need viruse protection

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One Account: OAuth to give 3rd party devs access to my account

Having to sign up for an account on all these different games is really annoying, especially using the virtual keyboard and the fact that there's no password manager... both factors encouraging simple passwords.

Games should be able to use my Oculus account, and if they want a separate use store, use my Oculus account as the IDP via OAuth.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Browse all the app and add-ons from the mobile app

Why can't we get all the apps and add-ons from the mobile app? Either that or improve the search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. color profiles

sRGB and DCI-P3 color profiles please! The reds look way off. This can look cool in some content, but most of the time it looks oversaturated, this is especially true when watching any kind of video.

Ideally, these should kick in automatically based on the content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alow the oculus app to view recorded footage from the recorded gallery

It would be nice to show QUEST gameplay footage to others on your phone with the app without having to cast to a TV. Just download whichever video you like and show at your convinience

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. rift ports

An easy way for developers to simply downgrade the graphics on their rift applications and make a quest version available, in the oculus store, maybe not even on the official quest store if you want to keep the walled-garden approach

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUNDLES

we need bundles for games like the rift and the go right now just feels like we miss out on all the discounts, especially considering we just gave you $400-500 for the headset

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guardian system - Retry button

My guardian is set up for IR-lighting in my playspace. It works great.

However, if I forget to turn off the room light, and turn on the IR-LED spot before I put on the Quest, the Quest doesn't recognise the playspace and prompts a guarding setup request.

Please add a retry button, to recognise the playspace once the correct lighting has been restored.

It's quite bothersome to setup the guardian over and over again, although the playspace should already been recognized and saved multiple times.

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. store

Create a physically interactive storefront instead of a flat menu. You could create shelves to display games, if someone picks one up, you could have a pop-up UI show a description and video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tracking lost, prevent jumping to Oculus home

Head tracking is pretty good for the Quest, nevertheless if the tracking gets lost sometimes then the application is interrupted jumping to Oculus home - why?

It would be a much smoother experience if the applications could catch those tracking lost notifications and e.g. freeze the image until the tracking is re-established.

This hard cut makes for me no sense at all. It is both very prominent and immersion breaking.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PCVR on the quest

Allow users to plug the quest into their pc using a usb-c cable or possibly usb-c to display port adaptor to allow them to connect their quest to the oculus pc app and play rift games using the pc’s processing power. I don’t mean streaming.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Build in music streaming platform with friends.

Build in music app like Winamp. Would be streaming either though existing music stream providers, or become a music stream provider.

Would have visualizations like Winamp did.

Could be multiplayer. Listening to music with a friend.

Ultimate would be VR scenes. Like at the recording studio watching the song being made. Or at a concert.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More control over the screen recorings

It would be nice to be able to select the aspect ratio of the recorded media, or at least have it output 1080p 60fps for better quality looking video for uploading.

The current aspect ratio looks like it's 4X3 but rotated (so it's 3X4) - with huge black bands on either side of the video - and records at 35.XX fps.

But it would be nice to be able to record video in different aspect ratios, formats, etc.

Thanks for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base