Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Receive phone calls and text notifications in VR

The headset is already linked to our phone via Bluetooth. It should be able to receive text notifications and answer phone calls while the user wears the headset. It's incredibly frustrating to have to remove the headset or peer down my nose to view and respond to texts and phone calls. Why not allow the reception of notifications, text replies via voice-to-text, and answering and making phone calls from within the headset? If the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 platforms are going to become a productivity tool alongside a gaming device, we will need the ability to communicate with the…

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make cloud saves mandatory to ensure save data is not lost when performing a factory reset

My understanding is that cloud save functionality is available, but most developers choose not to use it.

It should be part of the Oculus approval process for games to ensure data is not lost if the Quest unit requires a factory reset, breaks or is lost/stolen.

This is something that is seen as the norm for other ‘consoles’ so should be the standard if aiming for VR to be mainstream.

Backing up with usb over developer mode is not a good enough solution for the majority as it requires manual backups.

1,779 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Users

Have user profiles so families can share a Quest and we can demo it to guests. Most games don't have save slots so if you had user profiles in Home we could have multiple saves.

7,614 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

720 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Oculus Quest users to see the time spent in each app

Let us see how much time we've spent in each app like you can on the Rift platform

2,284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow use to download videos/photos straight to our phones

If you can make it we’re you can download videos/photos straight to our phones then it makes it easier for people who’s want to show friends-family how good the quest is.

1,297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove forced Facebook login or protect the Facebook account of VR players.

I checked the instructions page on the Oculus website and learned that I need to log in with my Facebook account on my Oculus device and the Facebook account ban will also ban the Oculus account. In fact, Facebook accounts are often blocked for no reason. I have one that has been used for three years The account was permanently banned just because my IP changed. Later, I registered a few Facebook accounts without success, even if I submitted face verification data. There are also many Oculus users who tried to sign up for Facebook accounts after learning about Oculus’s…

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wrist watch

Add a system wide wrist watch so that you don't have to go back to the home environment to check the time.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to use the Oculus Browser while an app/game is open

I would love to be able to quickly pull up the Oculus Browser as an overlay on top of an active app or game. The use case where I desire this most is while playing Population: One. Sometimes I will open the game only to find my friends online, but already in a game. If I exit the app they won't know I am available. If I take off the headset I wouldn't be able to see notifications such as an invitation to join them in a game. to bide the time it would be really appreciated to be able…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better Library Management

• I hate those cluttering demos in my library! Pls implement a hide option or even better let the user completely remove them

• Same for other / obsolete apps... just google for this... Reddit, internet is full of these complaints

• Btw even Apple managed to have this implemented in their store : )

• Then set the standard library to installed apps not all apps or let the user choose the default

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow default filter to be installed only

Without a hide or delete function for the quest 2 apps, having the ability to set the filter default to installed apps could resolve a major issue for people seeing many apps that they don’t want to (uninstalled apps) It seems like an easy fix.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict rather than block FB accounts that are disabled

A number of users report that when they are advised that their account is disabled, they cannot login to their Quest, and it can take weeks for Facebook to complete their review.
    Surely it should be possible to still allow access during this time, but block certain functions like payments (if there's a concern re fraud) or multiplayer (if there's a concern re behaviour on the platform or breach of community standards).
    Preventing access to a purchased device and previously purchased items on the store is a punishment that should be reserved for only the most serious of offences that…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please allow the default app list to be "Installed". not "All"

When opening apps, the default is to list "All". I would much prefer it to be "Installed". "All" includes apps I installed and don't like so won't play, demos of apps I since bought the full version of so the app appears twice, and apps like puzzles that I have played through and am done with. This just clutters the list and makes it harder to find what I am looking for. Defaulting to "Installed" makes more sense.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hogwarts Legacy on Oculus

I think it would be a brilliant idea to bring the Hogwarts legacy game on Oculus
    It would be a very big success for Oculus, because millions of Harry Potter Fans would buy a Oculus quest 2 and the game.
    I know its hard, difficult and complicated to make Hogwarts Legacy VR compatible but the hard work will be worth it.

Thank you for your valuable time

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link 2.0

Oculus Link 2.0, at one end, Usb C, at the other end, Displayport 1.4 and USB A, no more latency, no more compression. If the I / O of Quest 2 does not support it, Quest 2S come soon.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow REMOVING Apps from Library

DEMOS and many free apps clutter up the interface and add content I never want to see again.
    If I OWN THE FULL VERSION of an app I definitely DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE DEMO version. This is the simplest case, but there a numerous other reasons to allow me to completely remove an app from the library, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FORCE THE UI to always fall back to default of SHOWING ALL APPS!!!!!!! (Remembering the selected filter WORKS ON QUEST 1 but you BROKE IT IN QUEST 2, so this is a bug which also needs to be…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the Quest FCC certification and up the display to 90Hz, at least when connected to PC VR

I just saw John Carmack mention this in his OC6 talk. I mean, come on, if there's a chance you can up this thing to 90Hz, even if it's only for desktop mode, then you really should make this happen. Yeah, it's a hassle and cost on your side, but not one customer is going to complain about you making their VR experience the best it can be, especially when from their end there's no hassle involved in getting that.

1,990 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do not ship another headset where an IPD setting has a reduce FOV like the Quest 2

The Quest 2 internal screen isn't wide enough to accommodate the IPD setting number 3. When using the Quest 2 using this setting the edges of the screen are visible reducing the horizontal FOV and breaking immersion.

The Quest 2 FOV is not very large to start with so having it reduced further is very annoying.

I really hope no future headset will have this issue. It is not a good VR experience and could turn a lot of users away from VR.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Making recording & streaming on Quest compfortable

As creator ( YouTube) it‘s very uncompfortable to record or stream Oculus Quest content.
    The Build in Recording functionality isn‘t great ... often the Sound isn‘t in sync. And please made it possible to record your own VOICE while recording, too.

Next step is streaming ... we need a Build in streaming functionality for the biggest platforms like YouTube or Twitch ... whit the abillity to READ COMMENTS into the VR Headset while streaming.

It‘s important to interact with your community while streaming , and made much Single Player experiences like puzzle games to a fun experience ... playing it…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update The Quest 2 to Support Quest 1 Controllers

I understand the desire for a new controller, and something like the thumb rest that was missing before is a nice addition. However very many users like the quest 1 controllers more.

This includes:

1. users with smaller hands. My partner for example has trouble reaching the upper buttons (B/Y) without having to readjust her hand on the controller.

2. for some games, the quest 1 controller is a lot more comfortable. Names: for Eleven Table Tennis.

3. continuing for Eleven Table tennis: there is a very active controller adapter community that has created various 3d printable and otherwise paddle adapters for the…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to search/add Oculus Users who are my Facebook friends from "suggested friend menu" (not just on install)

When I set up my Oculus Quest 2 I was shown a "these are your Facebook friends who use Oculus"... I skipped it at the time. Can't find it anywhere now. Support does not seem to have a link to find this menu, suggesting factory reset to see it again. But of course this isn't really an answer and won't help me find new Facebook/Oculus friends in the future.

I would like to suggest to have this added under the "People -> Add" option. A simple - Search existing Facebook/New Oculus friends.

This tab currently shows me people I am…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base