Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Range extension package

Please offer some type of range extension package. Maybe like a belt or fannypack type of device that can hold an external battery.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MAKE IT AVAILABLE

Make it actually available!! Ordered from Amazon on 6/22 for my son's birthday and it was supposed to arrive July 10th and it is LATE and now won't arrive until sometime in August if ever!!!! He is heartbroken!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. be able to Stream your experince to larger platforms like twith and yourube.

I would like to be able to strwam my games to a platform other than Facebook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Antivirus app for google and online search if needed

Antivirus app for google online searches that could cause the system to crash like this battery problem. Not sure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have standard joystick locomotion as an option in settings

I’d love to see the capability to control using the left stick for movement and the right stick for turning, as opposed to teleport locomotion. I understand that some users may experience motion sickness this way however, so perhaps an option in the settings?

Copy/pasted with kind permission from the Oculus Rift section.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. optimize better for outside quest exploring use

improve grass tracking, and enlarge roomscale for outside use

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest

Some ideas to improve the Oculus Home Interface on the Quest:

1.) Please add the option to create a 'favorite'-tab within the navigation area of the Oculus home interface on the Quest (next to updates, not installed etc.)! It would help immense with the rapidly growing catalogue of software installed on my Quest.

2.) Please make it possible to change the default view of the installed apps! I really would like to have my apps ordered from A to Z on default - not by latest.

3.) Please make it possible to change the order of the tabs. Let me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Correction of the center of gravity of the device

At the moment the center of gravity of the device is located in the frontal part, that causes that the viewfinder continually depletes down, moving the point of clarity of the lens and causing that it is blurred, constantly you have to readjust the viewfinder due to the weight frontal. My suggestion is to improve the ergonomics of the viewfinder in its next generation and the center of gravity to compensate the frontal weight, a good option would be to add the battery in the back of the device.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Oculus Integration Unity package code maintenance

The Oculus Integration package for Unity generates a bunch of warnings when imported into a project under Unity 2018.4. The software should be cleaned up a bit.
    In addition, when building cross platform projects, the OVREngineConfigurationUpdater checks the applicationIdentifier no matter the platform and sets it. That's a bug und should only happen on supported platforms and can be handled with a simple directive in EnforceBundleId():

if UNITY_ANDROID

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CPU Expansion Option?

I've seen quite a few demonstrations of external batteries to keep the Quest operational longer, which people have worn on the back of the head strap. And with the USB-C cable you can connect the Quest to your computer and side load apps, etc. Would it be possible to use the USB-C connector to support an additional CPU for rendering purposes, that could be worn on the back of the headset or on a waistband? I realize this would be getting away from being completely tether-less but if the tether is local to you, does it matter? My understanding is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Profil

Améliorer des possibilités de personnalisation d'avatars et gestion du profil.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch controller support

It would be nice to be able to use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller as a gamepad

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to type while wearing the headset

It would be fantastic if the hand tracking using the controllers could be refined, maybe using the cameras on the headset, to allow for accurate typing using a VR keyboard. It would make it more feasible to work, respond to e-mails and respond to texts without taking off the headset.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide an easier way to get video captures and screenshots off of the headset

Right now you have to plug in a USB, put the headset on to allow the connection, take the headset off, then navigate to the DCIM folder in the Quest directory, then copy or cut to the PC. While it's awesome we can even do that, it's pretty unwieldy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guide/Guided mode for seniors

I would like to be able to take my 85 year old friend Bob on a guided experience in the Quest. One where his hand controls are disabled and we are in the same VR location. Bob would be able to look around and get the full VR experience, but he could not move his location or interact with the system. I have written up a longer description of this request here:

https://www.techenhancedlife.com/posts/guided-travels-vr-virtual-reality

I think you could have a tremendous impact on the lives of older adults with this feature. (You could also sell Quest headsets in batches of 10…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More custom settings for the main screen in the dome room

My initial impression of the default main screen is that it's too high and too close. Sometimes I find myself straining my neck to look up to see it all. Sometimes it's no problem at all. And sometimes it's perfect. However, my position in my own environment changes and because of that my angle of viewing the mainscreen does too. I know we can adjust the screen left, right, and up. But there is a fixed "base" position. Can we have more control over that base? Also the "zoom" or size of the screen should be adjustable too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Download Oculus Browser possible bug fix

I noticed that downloading videos above 2GB in Oculus Browser doesn't actually result in download completion. Was this intended or am I missing something?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base