Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Update the Oculus Guardian system and room-scale tracking.

It is essential to add more room-scale tracking control so that the headset can better track the user and avoid them being injured in the room.
    For example, a warning should appear when you reach the limit of the user-set Guardian boundaries. It should also switch to the in-built cameras and show the real world along with a warning notification to avoid injury.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs a better USB connector

I'd like to see the case molded with a slight depression, to guide or funnel to USB connector toward the opening so its easier to plug in while wearing the headset. I frequently want to plug in without removing the headset. That's currently very hard to do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easier to demo to a friend

I thought the first turn-on experience was fabulous. I'd like to do that for my friends, but I can't. I have to talk them through the Guardian Boundary and then the home screen and navigating to the tutorial.

SUGGESTION: Let me put the rig on and set it to "new person experience". Now I give it to my friend and they get walked through everything as if it was a new headset. This would make it so much easier for me to show off the Quest.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make new controllers for the Oculus Quest with force feedback on triggers

Oculus should develop new motion controllers with the same layout, but with very strong force feedback on the triggers, so it's possible to emulate holding objects in the hand!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Motion sickness quiz for new users

For a new user is always difficult to understand with what level of "comfort" they are ok, and being something that differs in every subject, at the moment the only way is to try some content that makes you feel motion sick and then refound it! It's also hard to decide what game setting should a user adopt!
    So, i think you should create a quizz app for the Oculus Quest that asks you some general questions, like "do you feel sick when you read in a car?" or "in a train" or do you suffer from sea sikcness? And…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide developers more precise guidelines to reduce motion sickness

For me motion sicknes is the biggest limit of using VR right now! Every time i get motion sick in vr I don't want to play if for a while because i associate bad feelings with my Oculus Quest!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Virtual-avatar video stream to be used with video calling apps

VR could be a perfect platform to work toghether and comunicate. When participating to a video-conference with your VR headset, you don't have a camera, so you can only use voice. But what if the Oculus Quest made a "fake" video stream that would be recognised by any video calling app (or even Web-app) as a webcam stream. This video stream would show your avatar that replicates the movements you make with the head and hands, and would move the mouth when you speak! This could be further upgraded in the future, for headsets with internal cameras, also with face…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make an optional head strap with the same ring-shape as the Oculus Rift S

The stock headstrap is only good for short periods of time in VR, because it puts too much pressure on the forhead! An optional ring-shaped head mount like the Oculus Rift S, would make the Quest a perfect device, also suitable for longer play sessions, especially with PC VR titles with Oculus Link!
    The optional head mount sholud be perfectly compatible, and should be sold for less than 60$

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the FB Horizion Alpha available to all during quarantine

While we’re all stuck at home indefinitely, it would be great if anyone who wants to participate in the FB Horizon Alpha could join in. This would be a fantastic way to connect with friends and family at this difficult time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A killer app for VR would be a "game creation" game like Dreams on PS4!

A killer app for VR would be a "game creation" game like Dreams on PS4!!!! This would allow for loads of user-generated experiences!
    Even better would be a first party integration with the Oculus Store to enable creators to sell games they create in the store, and generate profit!

If you don't know what Dreams is, click here http://dreams.mediamolecule.com/?locale=it_IT

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a zoom option for reading text in games

I am enjoying the virtual reality world. Thanks to your Oculus Quest.. Currently playing "Time Stall" my vision is 20/200 in right eye. Left eye is 20/400. Due to optic atrophy. Tons of fun, I'd appreciate some sort of zoom feature. Having problems reading instructions. Can't. Quite make out the tips on the phone screen. Many things I try to get closer to so as to be able to read it fade away just as I am getting close enough to read it. A virtual magnifying glass anything could help. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to change our real name.

I had to use my sisters phone to get my headset working. now all i see is "Hello Tashena" ... My name is Steven.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add app for game streaming like shadow pc Or by oculus for a lot of people that don’t want costly PC. There are a lot of people left out.

Hello I see Shadow PC has new mobile app. Apparently this will be a mobile app for android IOS and others. I googled articles dated 10/29 and it talked about mobile VR. Can the people that don’t want a costly PC or the many that simply can’t afford one get an app for the quest for streaming higher end games from Shadow PC or one developed by Oculus? A native app for the people that kind of are left out of the higher end games. I truly understand business and the many decisions Oculus has to make but we would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Offer customers waiting on the product to come back into stock a free game or app

Having ordered my Quest 10 days ago, and as a result of stock outages, still nothing has been dispatched, nor is there any information on a likely dispatch date, I was thinking how it would be a good idea to offer either a free game or app as a positive customer experience to counter balance the negative impact of having to wait for the product to come back into the Oculus warehouse for dispatch.

I was so excited when I made the purchase, now 10 days on, with still nothing dispatched, its quite disappointing. A show of good will would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for people who want to stream using the quest

For streaming wise people who can’t afford a normal pcvr that can stream it would be great if the quest can do almost the same thing without having to use Facebook for streaming and basically showing bad visuals during live-streams/video’s on Facebook and for people who never seen the quest would try giving a bad review just because of facebook

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow thumbs-up / down for Beat Saber songs

Allow us to give the songs in Beat Saber a thumbs-up or thumbs-down in the app. I do not always remember the song titles I like / dislike to play. It would make it easier to select the songs. And for Oculus a better understanding of your customers likes / dislikes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clamp down on unauthorixed 3rd party sellers on sites like Amazon and eBay that are hoarding inventory and price gouging.

Preventing unauthorized 3rd party sellers will assist with available inventory as these individuals/companies buy available inventory for the sole purpose of selling at a higher price. Please pursue Amazon and EBay to remove these listings unless they are selling at market price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When Oculus brings its social offering to VR, cross integrate it with Instagram

When Oculus brings forth its social offering that is cross-platform, it should have an interface to share posts and stories directly to Instagram rather than/or in addition to Facebook. I say this, because, Rec Room and VRchat have been the social platforms myself and many others have used. There are both large Rec Room, and VRchat communities on Instagram where people continue as their VR personas outside of the headsets. There is a lot of friction for getting posts from Rec Room, and VRchat to Instagram. If Oculus releases its own social VR offering, with low friction (hopefully sharing from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →