Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Revamp the Home Screen to include custom folders

As the Oculus library continues to expand and owners are buying and downloading many apps and games onto their headset, it is time that the Home Screen gets overhauled to allow the owner to categorize their apps and games into separate folders. Having a single “Installed” folder for with all types of experiences mixed together is no longer practical.

Additionally, owners should be able to hide or remove apps from their “All” personal library. Having Demos alongside the full version of the app is unnecessary and makes for a cluttered experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Voice commands for everybody (at least all English speakers for now)

Please bring voice commands to all users that use US English as their system language. I understand that opening up voice commands to other languages is a big task, but by restricting the English voice commands to just the US Oculus/now Meta restrict themselves of so many potential Beta users and would enhance their experience as well by opening up to more regions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make recording 1080p 60fps

Please make the recording on oculus quest 1080p 60fps. And also fix the audio being out of sync. I don’t understand why you’d implement a recording feature which doesn’t do the two basic things needed for a good recording.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For God's sake, would you add an appear offline mode? And also, we need brightness settings.

A lot of the Oculus Quest core software needs work. It's unbelievable that there's no option to appear offline. Also, there should be brightness settings. This is pretty basic stuff.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add HEVC to Link for AMD GPUs

HEVC support was recently added for Nvidia users, but unfortunately not AMD users. HEVC should be supported on graphics cards from both vendors. This is especially important on AMD where the H.264 encoder lacks behind NVIDIAs implementation through NVENC

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to hide apps

I would like the ability to hide apps from the default app drawer view, you can implement how you see fit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. REWORK THE "GO LIVE" OPTION.

Facebooks level up and partner program requires you to be streaming directly to a gaming profile yet the only option in go-live is to stream directly to your timeline, This may be okay for someone who just wants to show their friend and family but no livestreamer will use this feature the way it is. I beleive that if a rework is done correctly this will deter new streamers from going to other platforms as it is less complicated, and would be nice to have the comments being visable in a VR space

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Do the voice command even in Italy

Could you do voice command in Italy? Thanks.

P.s. thanks to Daniel for assistance with WiFi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In-game browser overylay

Be able to use overlay browser inside any game like how universal menu works.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Joystick deadzone

My left controller is almost unusable and a simple fix on the dev side could just be adding a joystick calibration/deadzone setting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Clear All" button for notifications

It's really annoying to try to clean all the old notifications. A button/icon to clean it all at once would be great.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Obs plugin

I want to send my headset video feed to obs via wired connection due to massive loss of quality when casting. I figured this is what that $80 cable was for, but I was mistaken. Even if not through an obs plugin, Oculus should definitely have a native solution besides screen casting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to hide non downloaded games from your library!

I don't like having all my non downloaded games glued onto my home screen, it'd be really nice to have the ability to remove them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

1,042 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stage Tracking for Oculus Link

Stage tracking would make it so when using oculus link the headset remembers its orientation after its been taken off and then put back on, or whenever oculus link is used. This would help for mixed reality and would be a huge improvement in daily use. This should be pretty easy to implement since the rift s and rift already have this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request to solve the Facebook crazy ban account problem

My facebook account is often blocked for no reason. I uploaded my authentication video to the app, but the reply I got was that it violated the "Community Standards"? Facebook insisted that I be banned, I don 't know what I did that violated the Community Standards, Do you think I' m using this account under a false identity? I don't go to Facebook very often, and I hardly speak at all, because I don't use Facebook very often, and I signed up just to play Oculus, I currently have riftS, And pre-ordered QUEST2 on Amazon

Before that, I logged…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make high demanding for video memory (VRAM) games like Half Life Alyx run without a stutter via Oculus Link

Short summary: When Oculus link is enabled for Quest 2 and SteamVR is launched overall VRAM consumption is 3 GB out of 8 on my GTX 1070. As a result Half Life Alyx is left with only 5 GB of VRAM which is OK to play the game on the medium settings. But 3 GB consumed by Oculus + SteamVR is too much. Any extra app launched like Google Chrome consuming 0.5 GB of VRAM leads to a stutter in Half Life Alyx.

Therefore, please optimize Oculus software for VRAM usage.

Details
    Case1: Oculus link is enabled + SteamVR…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Interactive Home Environments'

Add an interactive oculus home environment like the rift/rift s has. Allow people to customize and edit our home environments to allow people to interact with itt. And allow people to invite friends to watch youtube, movies, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base