Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add high refresh rate mode Quest during PC Link

As John Carmack accidentally said during the keynote, the oculus quest is actually able to run 90 hz content, but it was decided not to enable this on oculus quest games for a variety of reasons.

But when connected to a PC, these reasons largely don't apply and this would be a huge comfort improvement. I understand this would require the headset to be re certified by the FCC, but I expect that you will see a lot more users using this feature if it provides as smooth of an experience as the oculus rift.

Enable 90 hz, or at…

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Raise view" feature as a button in quick settings

I absolutely love the added "raise view" feature. It's a game changer for games with no seated mode for those who can't stand for long periods.

I have downed arches in my feet so I constantly swap from seated to standing mode due to the pain in my feet. Is it possible we could get a nice button in the universal menu's quick settings, in the line of icons with voice commands and bug report, that toggles raise view on and off? It would improve ease of use for the feature massively, making our experience using the device even more…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. REWORK THE "GO LIVE" OPTION.

Facebooks level up and partner program requires you to be streaming directly to a gaming profile yet the only option in go-live is to stream directly to your timeline, This may be okay for someone who just wants to show their friend and family but no livestreamer will use this feature the way it is. I beleive that if a rework is done correctly this will deter new streamers from going to other platforms as it is less complicated, and would be nice to have the comments being visable in a VR space

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello my name is Lucas, I am 13 years old and I started to think more about virtual reality and I realized that it was possible to have

I was thinking and noticed that the experience is still missing to feel the weight of objects vr with that I started to think and soon I came up with a way to make it possible to feel the weight of an object in a game, in short it would be simple would be a platform with two engines that would have cables / ropes tied to the control that when you pick something in the game, the plate that controls the engine would be shaped, the weight that would start to pull the rope continuously according to the weight…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. current Quest 2 owners should recieve same amount of storage. I will be very salty if I have to attempt to sell the one I have to upgrade

you are supposed to get what you pay for.current Quest 2 owners should recieve same amount of storage. I will be very salty if I have to attempt to sell the one I have to upgrade to the same model/price with more storage .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better airlink quality for AMD GPU

Right now airlink streaming and compression is considerably worse on my bothers more powerful Rx6800 than my weaker gtx1080. I believe that the streaming and compression can be vastly improved for AMD cards. No matter what airlink settings you choose the quality is subpar even if you have a powerful GPU.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a guard to the ceiling

People who play in a room with low ceiling ore attic nees an boarder not to smash their Controller on the ceiling

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hiding all the windows/menus in Home environment?

Is there and option to hide away ALL the various windows and menus in the Home environment so we can actually have a fully clear view of everything when we want to?

If not, can we please get this?

A simple press/long press of the left controllers menu button or something like that would suffice, seeing as that currently doesn't do anything in the Home environment currently anyway.

However you do it, it would just be nice to actually have the option to view the full Home environment freely when we just want to sit back and chill in there…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For God's sake, would you add an appear offline mode? And also, we need brightness settings.

A lot of the Oculus Quest core software needs work. It's unbelievable that there's no option to appear offline. Also, there should be brightness settings. This is pretty basic stuff.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We are beta-testers?

Hi,
    I would like to share with you my observations following the Quest 2 v25 update.
    During the V25 update, I had huge latency, tracking problems, and crashes...

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

So I don't understand, how you can launch large scale updates without even having an impeccable quality control.

By not being able to refuse the updates, it's unacceptable, I feel like you're using your community as beta testers...

Today since the v26 update it seems better, but I noticed some changes, the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow permanent deletion or archiving of apps from the App Store and app lab

Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them.

Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset.

Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them.

More options would be great but an option to remove apps…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Headset should remember more than one guardian play space

My Quest will only remember one guardian at a time. I play both room and stationary. It would be nice to not have to make a new guardian whenever I switch between them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i dont have an oculus link cable but i want to try the air link feature

make it so you can connect your headset to your computer through wifi, because the point of air link is to use pc vr wireless, but if i need to buy a usb-c to a usb-3 cable there is no point of airlink

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Oculus Quest 2 Battery Drain when in Sleep

The Oculus Quest 2 drains the entire battery plus elite battery in around 24 hours just stilling in sleep mode. The Quest 1 could go somewhere around a week in sleep mode. There is something seriously wrong with the firmware for it to drain two entire batteries in 24 hours.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Clear All" button for notifications

It's really annoying to try to clean all the old notifications. A button/icon to clean it all at once would be great.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the faulty audio software which prevents the mic from working in link mode.

This happens as soon as the Oculus Quest 2 software is installed with no VR headset attached or switched on.
    The result can be seen in the attachment.
    If uninstalled and replaced with the Rift S software, the problem disappears but cant use the Quest 2 without an upgrade.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Obs plugin

I want to send my headset video feed to obs via wired connection due to massive loss of quality when casting. I figured this is what that $80 cable was for, but I was mistaken. Even if not through an obs plugin, Oculus should definitely have a native solution besides screen casting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Official Oculus Quest PCVR streaming

Official Quest PCVR streaming app. Allowing Quest users to use the Quest for PCVR gaming on the Oculus Store and Steam VR.

1,040 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base