Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Allow system components to be redownloaded to avoid factory resets after firmware updates

I noticed that on both the Q1 and Q2 Oculus TV kept crashing after firmware updates. I deleted it and redownloaded it and it's now fine. On my Q1 the guardian app is crashing since V30 and even after installing V31 it keeps crashing. The corrupt TV app persisted through firmware updates too.

Currently I have the guardian disabled which is far from ideal and not something you can do without developer mode.
    I suspect the same fix would work for the guardian allowing me to avoid a factory reset which would be a huge pain given that a few…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make GUEST account that does NOT require facebook login

When having friends over or taking Quest to party, it would be nice to be able to share Quest without everyone either using my account or having to login to my Quest.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Disable Guardian Work Again!

Software Update v34 introduced a lot of really great features for people who are unable to play in VR in a distraction-free environment but it also overrode the use for the Disable Guardian option in Developer Mode to work while operating the Quest 2 device under normal conditions, now it "may only be used for content development purposes".

I have an anti-fatigue mat I use for added comfort and I never need to step outside of the mat for any purposes while playing, all of these extra features are just making it hard for me to enjoy VR.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a "favorites" category

Make a "favorites" category in the oculus quest library, something similar to that of steam

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time and Date Setting

Recently, I had to Factory Reset my Quest 2 per the advice of the Oculus Support team. For some reason, when re-pairing with my phone, I did not get the correct time. It was 5 hours ahead. I tried some of the workarounds mentioned by others, but the only method that worked was another factory reset. It's surprising that the only way to change the time/date or time zone is with a factory reset. Can we please get a setting in the Quest 2 or Oculus phone app to sync the time or adjust it manually?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Android notifications in VR

IOS and Messenger already has the ability to get phone notifications in vr, why not Android OS?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

Add ability to connect bluetooth headphones (without workarounds)

2,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability to delete apps from library (not just uninstall)

Trying demos is nice but then the demo is stuck in the library even if you uninstall it (in the "All" view), cluttering the screen with old demos that I don't care about anymore. For example, SUPERHOT Demo is always there beside the full game which I purchased afterward. I prefer staying in the "All" view so that I can see which games are available to me, installed or not. With demos cluttering the "All" view, the only option to hide those uninstalled demos is to stay in the "Installed" view, which does not show the big picture of what…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide public test channel release notes

Please provide us with a change log / release note to the current public test channel releases of the Oculus Software. Just a short list of Bugfixes and featuers. This can help the advanced user to decide when to upgrade and will give us the possibility to provide better feedback.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separate vibration force setting for controllers

Сhange vibration settings to be able to set vibration strength for each controller separately.
    That will compensate problems, where one of controllers begins to vibrate weaker than the other.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update button

Having to click on all the apps that need updates is annoying and having a update all function would be pretty useful especially since apps like browser and tv aren't in updates area and you have to update them separately

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Virtual Enviroment Customization

The Virtual Environment, or Home Screen, of the Oculus is a very appealing sight, no matter what room or style you choose. But it lacks mobility for exploration of your new Environment. Not only should you allow users to walk around in their virtual homes, but allow them to redecorate. As an added bonus, advertise to all Game Developers for Oculus games to include unlockable decorations for their games that players can display in their virtual environments. It enhances the markets value by enabling a better user experience and connectivity to their virtual space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix upscaling algorithm on Quest 2. Set a better standard for approving games on the store. Inform customers about games render resolution.

On Quest 2 upscaling algorithm looks very bad, for example games rendered at 1440 pixels looks very muddy and cause eye straining.
    If this is not possible please ask developers to publish games at higher resolution, and inform the customer at the Quest 2 store games pages at which render resolution the game will be played.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow us to change brightness.

Allow the brightness to be changed like the Oculus Go.

2,048 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove fading to white of interface/menus when getting close

I am visually impaired (severally near sighted), but prior to quest v34 was able to get around menu navigation issues by just getting up close to the text.

In v34 for some reason, menus and panels will fade to white when I get to close to them. This makes reading small text in menus (despite maximizing text size) extremely, unnecessarily strenuous.

Being able to just walk up to a menu, close enough to a few inches in front, was one of the strong points for me, please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When looking at installed games it should show hours played as well.

This is a basic function shown to at least some extent in almost every modern platform, to not have it is inconvenient. Knowing how long you have played a game for can help track development and be used to show off.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to save profiles (settings) in Oculus Debug Tool

if we use Oculus Link, we have every time to set the same values in Oculus Debug Tool:
    - Pixels Per Display Pixel Override
    - Offset Mipmap Bias On All Layers
    - FOV-Tangent Multiplier
    - ASW setting

Also Layers Properties could be saved.
    It would be nice to have an option to create and to use (to load) settings-profiles.

Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a hitman game!!!

Making a contract killing game with graphics and controls like half life alyx.
    I want to feel like John wick and hitman at the same time lol 😆.. I'm getting into the vr oculus quest 2 world and have crazy ideas.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. live streaming

Bring back live streaming

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To let you be able to see when someone comes into your boundary

I have 2 baby brothers that i always trip over so I need a thing so I can see when someone comes in my boundary

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base