Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow downgrading firmware

Remove the restriction to downgrade firmware
    Some of us has lots of issues when updating to new Firmwares. This can be a slowed down system or unwanted functions. Please don't close every modification down and keep the system open so people feel like they have the ability to choose.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mirror audio when casting to phones

Though you can sort of hear audio through the speakers on the headset itself, it'd be far better for spectators if you could hear audio through the phone too, especially when the person using the headset is wearing headphones.

1,570 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow apps in "unknown sources" to appear on "all"

Instead Of Going To "unknown sources" everytime you want to play a sidequest game, you can access them from all!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add roku and Firestick support for casting

Add ability to cast to roku and firestick

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the IPD size overlay to be disabled

Sometimes a slight movement of the head can be enough to move the lenses slightly, I am unsure of what causes this, could be the bridge of my nose pressing upward, could be a wobbly IPD slider, either way it becomes a source of annoyance when the IPD "toast" message keeps floating up onscreen during an experience.

Please, please, please give us an option to disable this.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MAke the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with the Quest

MAke the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with the Quest. When will this be available is it in Beta trial? i purchased the Quest for my sons birthday but he cant use it with hi PC as hi graphics card is not compatible. He is very disappointed. Why are lower spec cards compaitble but this one isn't

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest

Please make the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 compatible with Quest i purchased the Quest for my sons birthday but he has a 1650 grphics card & it doesnt work. Why are lower spec graphics cards compatible yet his isn't? When will the 1650 be compatible is it in beta trial?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add built-in fiducial tag support to passthrough API [SDK]

I would like to build an app with the passthrough API that is calibrated to real-world landmarks through april tags, a printed sheet of paper with squares on it that allows computers to identify it's exact location relative to the camera commonly used in AR.

The current passthrough API has no way of running custom code on camera inputs. However, if Oculus implemented a standard API call for finding fiducial tags like April tags that only output the location of tags in view and not any camera data, this would be very helpful and privacy aware. There should also be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back "installed apps" default

I've had the Quest 2 since November. It originally let us default to "installed apps view," yet somehow this technology has become lost. It's ludicrous that you can revamp the entire menu UI but can't figure this out. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE ALL APPS EVERY TIME THEY PLAY.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. To let you be able to see when someone comes into your boundary

I have 2 baby brothers that i always trip over so I need a thing so I can see when someone comes in my boundary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the Quest 2 and others more accessible

Everyone should be able to experience the joys of VR. That includes persons with disabilities. Oculus should be working with software developers to make this happen. I my self am in a wheelchair and just bought the Oculus Quest 2 and had issues with guardian, I was too short. So I found a great software called Walkin Vr that allowed me to adjust my height. Oculus made an article stating they wanted to make their devices more accessible and work with developers. Well there it is make good on your word and do it. Its unfair to users with disabilities…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set which App Launcher filter is default

I'm not sure when this changed or if it's a bug, but as of recently if I select the "Installed" filter for the App Launcher menu, after playing a game or turning the headset off it defaults back to "All." I don't want to have to sort through all my uninstalled apps to find the ones I want to use/play, and having to switch to "Installed" all the time is an unnecessary pain.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase the Global Volume Range of the Quest 2

I am sure the current Max Volume setting for the Quest 2 was determined by the max volume that the integrated speakers are capable of before distortion sets in. The problem is that this max volume can be too limiting for more capable but higher impedance after market headphones plugged into the Headphone jack.

For example, the Koss Porta Pro based headphones of the Rift CV1 were the perfect balance of comfort, convenience and audio quality and the were capable of going loud and bassy without distortion. Beatsaber was a near visceral experience on the Rift CV1 even with the…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Limit video recordings to 15 minutes to stop the 3.79GB corruption.

I have recorded several files that are now corrupt due to the limit of 3.79GB. Either split the files when they reach 3.5GB to prevent this from happening, or have a limit on how long you can record for per recording.

This occurs due to the FAT32 format, I'm not expecting that to change - just a limit on video length

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. web cam

implement a virtual web cam (like Immersed does), that can be used in your virtual environment or home, and selected as a web cam input on your computer, so you use it in say skype, teams, bluejeans, slack, zoom etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upgrade Power On Sequence | Quest 2 v33

I no longer want a guided tour to create a Guardian.

The models used there, and Avatar selection, suck!

Give me more Quick Settings,

Battery, with power options and runtime stats.
    Controllers, with hand tracking and button mapping.
    Date, with event options and recent launches.

I need a Virtual Environment cycle and more Play Area options. If I add a Couch or Desk, these both should show up somewhere in Quick Settings. I would like the current Virtual Environment name to be at the bottom center in Quick Settings with a left/right < quick cycle >.

Do it, do it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 120HZ

Please in the future make sure that the 120 hz option is functional with every oculus update in the future(for link at least)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When looking at installed games it should show hours played as well.

This is a basic function shown to at least some extent in almost every modern platform, to not have it is inconvenient. Knowing how long you have played a game for can help track development and be used to show off.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support virtual desktop / link for unix based systems. maybe integrate it with the valve supported xrdesktop

Support virtual desktop / link for unix based systems. maybe integrate it with the valve supported xrdesktop

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More virtual environments to choose from

How bout more backgrounds? We need backgrounds for holidays, some of us like anime environments, or maybe a 3d international space station cupola view to promote that documentary experience you guys wanted to make money on? Sky's the limit if you enable and empower developers for this platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base