Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Allow system components to be redownloaded to avoid factory resets after firmware updates

I noticed that on both the Q1 and Q2 Oculus TV kept crashing after firmware updates. I deleted it and redownloaded it and it's now fine. On my Q1 the guardian app is crashing since V30 and even after installing V31 it keeps crashing. The corrupt TV app persisted through firmware updates too.

Currently I have the guardian disabled which is far from ideal and not something you can do without developer mode.
    I suspect the same fix would work for the guardian allowing me to avoid a factory reset which would be a huge pain given that a few…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need Chinese input in quest2!

We need Chinese ime in quest2, in order to input Chinese

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to change brightness.

Allow the brightness to be changed like the Oculus Go.

2,039 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make GUEST account that does NOT require facebook login

When having friends over or taking Quest to party, it would be nice to be able to share Quest without everyone either using my account or having to login to my Quest.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a "favorites" category

Make a "favorites" category in the oculus quest library, something similar to that of steam

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow TWITCH stream with OBS and read stream chats in inside games.

Vr streamers wants to stream their games on Twitch or Africa TV with using OBS or X-SPLIT. And they wants to see the chats while palying the games. but those things are impossible in Oculus Quest platform. But easy to do on the STEAM VR. Those differences cause vr game streamers to avoid to paly Oculus Quest exclusive games. If you want to a lot of people to know about the Oculus games, updating the above features are essential. The popularity of VR games are made through streaming, but not game reviews.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update button

Having to click on all the apps that need updates is annoying and having a update all function would be pretty useful especially since apps like browser and tv aren't in updates area and you have to update them separately

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to erase portions of Guardian when drawing

When creating the Guardian, please allow you to erase some of the edges/area.. Currently if you make a mistake and you overlap the real world, you have to start again.

I would assume you could use one button to draw.. and another to erase...

1,875 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to delete apps from library (not just uninstall)

Trying demos is nice but then the demo is stuck in the library even if you uninstall it (in the "All" view), cluttering the screen with old demos that I don't care about anymore. For example, SUPERHOT Demo is always there beside the full game which I purchased afterward. I prefer staying in the "All" view so that I can see which games are available to me, installed or not. With demos cluttering the "All" view, the only option to hide those uninstalled demos is to stay in the "Installed" view, which does not show the big picture of what…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to move around the home environment

The default home environments are beautiful, but feel so limited as we are unable to use our controllers to sit or stand wherever we please. Please take inspiration from Alcove's incredible customizable apartment and allow us to move around the home environment!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Time and Date Setting

Recently, I had to Factory Reset my Quest 2 per the advice of the Oculus Support team. For some reason, when re-pairing with my phone, I did not get the correct time. It was 5 hours ahead. I tried some of the workarounds mentioned by others, but the only method that worked was another factory reset. It's surprising that the only way to change the time/date or time zone is with a factory reset. Can we please get a setting in the Quest 2 or Oculus phone app to sync the time or adjust it manually?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. V23 - Quest 2 - Re-enable ethernet (Gigabit-LAN) support !!!

PLEASE UP-VOTE

So I have been using the Quest 2 with an ethernet adapter for the past month, reliable internet and works wonderfully for my remote desktop sessions to my mac for my work. Unfortunately, the recent v23 OTA install seems to have removed this weird networking option and that seems to be missing from the Update change-logs as well. The reason it matters: For people in cities we have very crowded Wi-Fi bands. Depending on the number of people in the apartment you live in, you can have very unreliable networking. Especially with people at home from the pandemic.…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Passthrough Window

Add a feature that would allow the user to display a small window into the real world while playing a game or watching a video. The window would remain in a fixed location on the user’s screen and the size/location of the window could be customizable. The double-tap Passthrough shortcut is nice but requires you to temporarily exit your game or video. This window could be appear/disappear with the simple click of a button or with voice commands. It would be beneficial if you’re eating, hanging out with friends, or just want to see your surroundings during an activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable FOV clipping by software in step 3

When you move from 2.9 inbetween IPD (Quest2) and jump to exactly 3 the FOV is cut by software to have boxed shape.

I prefer the option to disable it. I don't mind the curved limits, it looks well and with bigger FOV.

Thanks

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give option to disable trigger axis filtering!

Trigger axis filtering which is a software issue in the Oculus API makes it so rapid trigger pulls are not registered easily. Please give an option to disable filtering for VR games that require rapid trigger pulls.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. live streaming

Bring back live streaming

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add Battery software protection for devs who like to power the device at all times.

Some of us like to have our device connected at all times. Especially while developing in Unity.

Please implement an option in the Developer tab to enable "Battery Protection" which only allows the device to charge to 60% to avoid shortening the battery's life and also lower the battery temperature.

Tablets such as the Lenovo M10 FHD does that and is a great idea.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make a manual clock-setting option in Quest 2

There are multiple cases that I've read about, plus mine as well, where the clock is wrong all the time on the Oculus Quest 2 device. Regardless of the reasons for this, it's why it would be nice to have a way to manually adjust either the clock-time or the time-zone setting within the Quest 2 device. In my case, the hour is always off by the same amount through numerous Restarts and matched initial setup conditions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu.

Allow users to hide ALL the popup menus/windows when in the Home menu, so we can actually have an entirely clear view of the Home area when we just want to chill. You already have the option to hide away the menu bar at the bottom (and even move it around if we want), so let us hide the bigger menu window too.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base