Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Cloudstreaming subscription

Honestly blows my mind that a company in love with tracking people and data selling didn't initially offer this service before multiple companies such as shadow did on their own product I mean come on Disney+, Netflix, every **** website 15 years ago, ps+ xbox live EA every grandfathered legacy mmo that survived (wow and final fantasy 14) . Its free money.... I needed to contact you in any capacity. cloudstreaming a basic customizable desktop that is sustained with fees that outpace the cost by a medium margin shadows service uses a highly optimized cpu to stream and charges 30…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a fix to controler stick drift

ok so a lot of people are getting "controller drifting" or "stick drifting" or something like that and its costing some people money to fix it. From what i know as a game developer, this shouldn't be too difficult of an issue to fix, as the controllers are not broken like at all i assume that this is a bug that has not been addressed yet. i propose a "calibration" process for each controller where the X and Y values from the sticks are set to 0 from what they already are. for example on my controller, by default they…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New passthrough hybrid mode.

This hybrid guardian mode would show the user their boundaries at a glance, but wouldn't react to being outside of that boundary, as in, gameplay and use would be continue as normal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to Switch Oculus Accounts Without a Factory Reset

The only way to switch Oculus accounts on the Quest is to perform a factory reset, losing all save games and downloaded games. Please provide a way to switch between accounts on the Quest without a factory reset.

I have an original Rift and a quest and would like to play online multiplayer games with family and friends. I have a decent game library on my main account. For games like Orbus or Eleven I am happy to pay for a second license to the game where 2 people will be playing at the same time. However, I would like…

883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to add/remove more than 1 couch/desk - Automatic transitions to avoid breaking immersion

Some people have multiple desks or surfaces in their rooms, as well as multiple couches. Users should be able to add more than 1 couch/desk in their home environment.

Also, every time you step into the area of a desk or couch, a pop-up occurs asking you if you want to enter that area. This truly breaks immersion, and it would be better if it automatically adjusted when you sit on the couch, or remain close to the desk for "x" amount of time, or tracks whether or not you are sitting down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Headset should remember more than one guardian play space

My Quest will only remember one guardian at a time. I play both room and stationary. It would be nice to not have to make a new guardian whenever I switch between them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. UX: TTS text to speech OCULUS Browser for disabled.

Please forward my inquiry to oculus development team. The UX for disabled individuals who use TTS text to speech in the Oculus Browser does not exist. While conducting a UX equity analysis for individuals with disability I found this feature lacking. Having text to speech capable in the UX browser would assist those who have difficulty reading and comprehending while using the oculus browser in headset. I recently was taking an online course using the Oculus headset and browser instead of a laptop. Mobile devices, computers, tablets, and laptops all have TTS capability in their browsers. I also utilize this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow usb c to standard usb cable connection for windows 10, I am not able to use a usbc pcie card on my pc and am now unable to use my vr.

Allow usb c to standard usb cable connection for windows 10, as I am not able to use a usb c pcie card on my pc and am now unable to use my vr.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Universal mute and unmute button

A button combination that will mute or unmute the oculus microphone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An in-built timer that warns how long of an interval you have been playing.

From the moment you launch a game, a timer should begin that will just notify you when you have been playing for a certain amount of time that follows the safety guidelines to avoiding VR sickness.

I know my boyfriend using our new headset doesn't feel ill when inside and just plays his way through for a really long time and I have to come out periodically when I think he should take a break for his own health and safety because I know after it's off he feels it.

It would be good to have a timer in game…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Blur settings for menus

It's our headset, we should make the menu look the way we want it to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Universal menu accent color

It's our headset, we should make the menu look the way we want it to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the universal menu like the watch in pokerstars vr

We should be able to:
    - tap the watch to bring up the menu
    - grab the menu to detach it and place it where you want it
    - tap the other side of the watch strap for a quick toggle action (mute mic, night mode, report bug)
    - download watch skins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to Make the Guardian less visible

I want options to make the guardian appear sooner and/or stay on all the time , and also options for the guardian to be less opaque/visible with less grid squares/lines. If it warns me sooner it doesn't have to be so obnoxious when I'm close to it. I love playing in the biggest spaces I can , my two car garage and my community tennis court, I prefer using manual redirected walking in games which means I'm close to the guardian a lot walking the
    perimeter. It would be so nice if it was just a few lines to look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Smoother couch to roomscale transition. Don't ask me!

The couch idea is great, but the asking if I'd like to move to the couch in the middle of play takes several seconds. This is not ideal when playing online. It is not a question that needs to be asked. The couch should be part of the guardian. If I move to an area, that is obviously the area I would like to play in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable the record facility to be accessible from Oculus Dash.

Would it be possible (and if so, could you do it) to move/add the record and screenshot feature from Home to Dash. I like to record PCVR content (MSFS in my case) whilst in game. But right now it’s kind of clumsy.
    I have to to start the recording in Home before connecting Link or Airlink, and then have to quit Link in Dash to go and then stop the recording. I know it’s a first world problem, but it really would help simplify the process. Recording directly on a Quest 2 is many many times better than using OBS.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a small visual cue such as X to make the centre of the virtual playspace

Despite have a fairly large play space, I still find myself drifting towards the edges of the room.

It would be very useful to have a small visual cue (such as a X) marked permenantly on the floor in the middle of my playspace so I know where to stand without raising my headset or seeing the guardian boundaries

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quest 2 - List of guardian custom presets

As it is right now (Sep 2021), Guardian remembers the last area I drew in a given room. If I go to my office upstairs, when I turn on the Quest 2 it will automatically remember my usual Guardian area there. If I do it in the living room, it does as well.

However, sometimes I want to sit on the couch and watch a movie. My couch is right outside my usual Guardian area in the living room, so I have to either draw a new area, thus overwriting my usual one, or change to stationary, which effectively makes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow silent installation for enterprise/institution deployment

Working as IT Support in high-ed school I was asked to provide Oculus software in computer labs. Deploying software using SCCM is common use now, but unfortunately Oculus software cannot be packaged and deployed silently. Deploying software massively and easily is important to us and not being able to do so is quite the annoyance to say the least.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 65 66

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base