Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Add parental controls to tamp down extremely toxic behavior by some children in multiplayer Quest/Quest2 games.

There is an overwhelming number of kids in multiplayer VR games screaming the most vile things I have ever heard and engaging in explicit harassment. I suspect it's due to a mix of immaturity crossed with anonymity and a sense of disembodiment while inhabiting a virtual avatar.

Regardless, this needs to be addressed. Putting kids all in their own lobbies is not a great solution because it traps good kids with the bad/toxic ones. Instead, I suggest you add a microphone buffer/snapshot as an opt-in parental control feature. Open up an API for developers that allows them to trigger an…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back livestreaming.

With v30 Go Live has been removed. Being able to livestream to Facebook is a big feature for many users. Please bring it back.

217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add input methods for Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

Hi there,

I know that Oculus Quest is not directly sold in China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, and FB service is blocked in China Mainland too, as a result, it's very hard for the Oculus team to serve and communicate with the Chinese users/community.

Just want to let you know that even so there're many ppl there who are using and enjoying Oculus devices (you know what, Oculus Quest 2 has been the top-selling item on Amazon China for a very long time!!).

I really appreciate that the Oculus team adds Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese support for the…

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a way to delete games from the library, not just uninstall them.

I hate that the games are still on my library even though I uninstalled them already and will never play them again. Yes, I am aware I can filter them out.

597 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Software IPD Adjust on Quest 2

Please add software ipd adjust on top of the hardware solution to improve quality (stereo effect and chromatic aberration) for people that fall in between or slightly out of the 58/63/68mm of the hardware iPd adjustment.

This way we would get a good enough hybrid of quest 1 and rift s in terms of adjustment :)

Sadly there isn’t a quest 2 page on here yet, so I hope that this idea still finds a few people that vote on it :)

1,198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable dynamic contrast adjustment on Quest 2 to enable better blacks in dark scenes.

I've been having a great time on my Quest 2, but have been avoiding darker games due to the grey fog and washed out scenes.

Could you implement an automatic backlight adjustment that would kick in for any dark scene to keep the black levels in check? Since the LCD panel characteristics are known, you could also do automatic color and contrast grading to keep the colors accurate as the backlight is dimed. Many TVs already do exactly this kind of dynamic backlight and contrast adjustment. Could also open an API for developers to adjust the backlight so that they…

526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dear Oculus Quest and Quest 2 software development team. I am writing in behalf of all left handed VR players who have this device. The curr

Dear Oculus Quest and Quest 2 software development team. I am writing in behalf of all left handed VR players who have this device. The current state of VR games for left handed players is very inequitable and can be very frustrating. Games are very often not designed with left handedness inclusion in mind.

Prominent examples currently include Resident Evil 4 and The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners. Both games claim they have a left handed mode to support left handed players at but these modes are half measures and not true left handed support. Left handed mode in these…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Library Management

• I hate those cluttering demos in my library! Pls implement a hide option or even better let the user completely remove them
    • Same for other / obsolete apps... just google for this... Reddit, internet is full of these complaints
    • Btw even Apple managed to have this implemented in their store : )
    • Then set the standard library to installed apps not all apps or let the user choose the default
    118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow REMOVING Apps from Library

DEMOS and many free apps clutter up the interface and add content I never want to see again.
    If I OWN THE FULL VERSION of an app I definitely DON'T WANT TO KEEP SEEING THE DEMO version. This is the simplest case, but there a numerous other reasons to allow me to completely remove an app from the library, ESPECIALLY IF YOU FORCE THE UI to always fall back to default of SHOWING ALL APPS!!!!!!! (Remembering the selected filter WORKS ON QUEST 1 but you BROKE IT IN QUEST 2, so this is a bug which also needs to be…

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back Stationary guardian passthrough

The Passthrough option on the Stationary Guardian was removed on the most recent update. This was a very preferable way to play as I could move my arms beyond the circle without the grid popping in and disturbing my experience.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow permanent deletion or archiving of apps from the App Store and app lab

Please implement the ability to permanently remove apps from the App Library or somewhere to archive them.

Default always shows all apps when you turn on the headset and you have to manual select installed to see what’s actually on the headset.

Plus with app lab - you have no section so it crowds the whole screen of official store apps. A lot of app lab games I’ve tried now still remain in the menu even if I just downloaded them to try the demo and then uninstalled them.

More options would be great but an option to remove apps…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Receive phone calls and text notifications in VR

The headset is already linked to our phone via Bluetooth. It should be able to receive text notifications and answer phone calls while the user wears the headset. It's incredibly frustrating to have to remove the headset or peer down my nose to view and respond to texts and phone calls. Why not allow the reception of notifications, text replies via voice-to-text, and answering and making phone calls from within the headset? If the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 platforms are going to become a productivity tool alongside a gaming device, we will need the ability to communicate with the…

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. International (including Swedish) keyboard layouts support in Workrooms, browser, etc.

For Workrooms and Infinite Office in general to work better, PLEASE add (more) international keyboard(s) support on a system level.

I need Swedish åäö layout - it's a bit underwhelming that I can buy an officially supported Logitech or Apple keyboard, but not have my local keyboard layout displayed in VR.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow default filter to be installed only

Without a hide or delete function for the quest 2 apps, having the ability to set the filter default to installed apps could resolve a major issue for people seeing many apps that they don’t want to (uninstalled apps) It seems like an easy fix.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the ability to use the Oculus Browser while an app/game is open

I would love to be able to quickly pull up the Oculus Browser as an overlay on top of an active app or game. The use case where I desire this most is while playing Population: One. Sometimes I will open the game only to find my friends online, but already in a game. If I exit the app they won't know I am available. If I take off the headset I wouldn't be able to see notifications such as an invitation to join them in a game. to bide the time it would be really appreciated to be able…

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable hand tracking for PC VR apps when using them via Oculus Link

Hand tracking on Windows already works for developers when using the Unity editor, so there is no reason this couldn't be added as a general feature.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict rather than block FB accounts that are disabled

A number of users report that when they are advised that their account is disabled, they cannot login to their Quest, and it can take weeks for Facebook to complete their review.
    Surely it should be possible to still allow access during this time, but block certain functions like payments (if there's a concern re fraud) or multiplayer (if there's a concern re behaviour on the platform or breach of community standards).
    Preventing access to a purchased device and previously purchased items on the store is a punishment that should be reserved for only the most serious of offences that…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Users

Have user profiles so families can share a Quest and we can demo it to guests. Most games don't have save slots so if you had user profiles in Home we could have multiple saves.

7,694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

720 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AIR LINK improvement

English :

- The AIR LINK should remain activated all the time.
    - No longer need to activate the LINK OR AIR LINK in the Quest, that it is automatically connected to the PC or validate a message on the PC screen.

French :

• L'AIR LINK doit rester activé tout le temps.
    • Plus besoin d'activer le LINK OU AIR LINK dans le Quest, celui-ci est automatiquement connecté au PC ou bien valider un message sur ecran du PC.
    22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replace the "Go Live" function in share options

With the arrival of the V30 update for the Quest 2, the "Go Live" function was deliberately eliminated. Many people who are a part of the same Facebook Group, specifically the In Death: Unchained community, used this function on a daily basis to share our gameplay. I am confident that many other communities use this function, as there are ALREADY a limited number of ways to stream Quest 2 content in STAND ALONE mode without using a PCVR function. Please add this back to the core software or give us other options for live streaming content. Perhaps to platforms OTHER…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base