Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Welcome to the Oculus Quest feedback forum! This is the location to provide all your feature requests and ideas for the Oculus Quest platform.We're looking forward to hearing from you on the following areas of the product:

• Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Quest platform.
  • Core Software / Guardian: All Oculus Quest main menu, navigation, Guardian, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Oculus TV.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.
Please do your best to ensure all ideas are original and have not been previously submitted. Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest!    
  1. Last known battery %

Would you be able to report on the last known battery percentage of the headset on the app? It would be helpful to know whether it needs to be charged even though it’s not powered on. The app currently doesn’t connect when the headset is off so I have to turn it on to check the battery.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Quest headset should send u push notification through the companion app when the battery reaches a certain level and when full.

The Quest headset should send u push notification through the companion app when the battery reaches a certain level and when full.

This makes us aware when the battery is full so we can fight wear on the battery. I often leave the quest in the closet for a few days while it’s fully charged since day one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add reminders that AirLink disables the ability to use a wired connection

Please add a reminder/message/warning when plugging in a Quest 2 with airlink enabled that this disables the wired link functionality.
    Users are told when they first enable it, but after that no reminder is given.
    I have spent hours trying to get it working, only to find that it has to be airlink or wired link - not both.
    Ideally, when plugging in an airlink headset via a cable, the companion app would mention in the device's settings that only airlink is enabled, or similar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the exercise tracking in the MOVE app session based, not clock based. It resets at midnight thus splitting my session into two.

Currently all of the stats in MOVE reset at midnight thus splitting my workout into two. Making the tracking session base would solve this and provide more meaningful data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the feature to replace a facebook account to the oculus app.

Add the feature to replace/add a Facebook account to the oculus app. I say this bc I forgot my oculus pin for my old account, and couldn't figure it out and I logged out of that account then realized I also forgot my oculus account password. So now I created an account from my moms Facebook account on my moms phone and now every time I want to do something on the oculus app, I have to use my moms phone. So I would really appreciate it if that feature was added back!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Removing old Oculus devices from account/app

I purchased an Oculus Go (by mistake) close to a year ago, attempting to actually buy the original Oculus Quest. I ended up resetting the device from the headset before returning it, assuming this would also unlink the device from my account/Oculus App.

The Oculus Go has also appeared on my account for close to a year, even after factory resetting the device. I've contacted support about this numerous times over the months and they cannot provide a solution to have this removed. I've done everything from logging out of my account, uninstalling the Oculus app, reinstalling, clearing cache, clearing…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix Samsung Oculus App

On Samsung devices and potentially other devices, the Location Access button no longer works. On the Oculus Community forums is a post titled exactly this: "Unable to connect phone app to the Quest 2"

In this post, there are multiple people who all have the exact same issue. For the OP, this has been an issue since 202, so at least 4 months now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allowing the Oculus Desktop App to be minimized to the windows system tray

It would be nice to have an option that you could enable in the setting an option that would allow you to have the oculus app minimized to the system tray much like steam or any other game platform (Origin/Epic Games).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. IPD meter in the companion app

I'm Quest 2 user. As I know iOS has good IPD meter apps (via phone's camera) in the App Store, but there is no good apps in the Google Play. In our family no one have iPhone, only Android phones, so we have no chance to measure IPD when showing someone the headset. It is very bad experience to trying take headset off, change the setting and search for the difference. It will be x100500 easier to use the Oculus app before putting on headset to measure IPD and get the 1, 2 or 3 number on the phone's screen,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Run Spotify with Audioshield

I'm a Beatsaber fan, and do not want to wander into side loading territory, but would love to play my own music.

Just discovered Audioshield, which I understand can run with downloaded music.

I know Spotify is a streaming service, but it would be amazing if we could run Audioshield with our own Spotify playlist, on the ad-free subscription-based Spotify service of course.

Is there any way you guys could look at doing this please? It would keep things fresh as a user, and may even bring in some more new people to VR from Spotify.

Best regards,

Claire B

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Muting while casting to Android doesn't mute.

How to reproduce:

1) Open the Oculus app and cast your headset to your phone.

2) Open a game on the Quest

3) Turn down both the call volume and the app volume on your phone all the way

Expected: don't hear any audio from the phone, just on the headset.

result: you can still hear audio, it's quite loud

This is on a modern Android phone, it's not connected to any Bluetooth or headphones. I don't cast my Quest 2 to my phone often but I don't remember this ever working.

If I play a song on Spotify and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Phone call

It should be possible to answer video calls in VR. Having a conference call with multiple video participant

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create stick devices to add any object in game

It would be awesome to be able to be able to recreate anything in game thanks to a "sticker" device. For example, you could stick the device to a chair and this way the chair would be detected in Oculus even when moved around.

This could be also "sticked" to your feet so it could detect any parts of your body.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please work on getting the Oculus to cast to Roku devices.

I would love for my teens to be able to share what they are seeing with their friends and with each other when they play to make it more of a family experience than just an isolated one. We only have smart t.v's or Roku in our televisions and can't cast to the Roku. It would be wonderful if it worked on other devices and not just the Chromecast or Google Home ones.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to mute PC audio while in VR

• Request: Mute PC audio while in VR.

I can hear the audio from my PC while in the Oculus dash. The inherent delay in dash makes it absolutely unpleasant.

VD has the ability to mute PC audio while connected (optional) which is great.

If you plan to do so, please take care that it mutes/unmutes devices seamlessly as you connect/disconnect.

Thank you Oculus team. You have been doing a fantastic job!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add CAS sharpening to AirLink / Link

I tried sharpening in VorpX and holy gosh it DOES really makes things look more focused. It is literally night and day.

Hence I'm proposing Oculus to include CAS sharpening to be used when you play PCVR games.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transfer capabilities of Oculus Gallery to Oculus TV, or reenable Oculus Gellery on Quest 2 until you solve problems with Otv

I bought Q2 after oculus go mainly because of improvement in resolution. I could not imagine that capabilities of viewing my own made 3d stereoscopic vr renderings will be worse on model with almost doubled resolution.

Oculus tv brings a problem with vertical line in both eyes, which does not exist in an image. I checked through oculus link through 3rd party viewer, which I can not install to be on quest 2 itself. :(

please fix that TV app, it is shame that it does not work as well as oculus gallery did

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please I beg I pray....PARENTAL CONTROLS!!

Please give better parental controls you’d be gaining sales by doing this so you keep your customers happy and gain more revenue

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using your phone in vr

So basically. Making another app or just a feature in oculus app like live overlay idea they had. But being able to connect your oculus to your phone and being able to use it vr.

It would work as a pop up screen whenever u need it u can access it. It can also be used at a camera for your gameplay. Like in vr chat you can have a virtual camera.
    Another feature this would enable would be being able to video chat ur friends through it. They could see ur avatar and all ur virtual surroundings. This could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base