Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Friends online status notifications

I think it would be a great idea to have an option in settings, for when your friends (ones you choose) go online you will get a notification on your phone. I think this will be much better rather than checking my app every couple hours waiting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make oculus pc link software available on disk

I purchased my quest 2 to use with my PC, but I can't download the Link pc software because my rural internet connection is not stable enough to download 5gb without dropping. I would gladly pay a reasonable fee to get the link software on disk. Since it is not available on disk, I guess that I have no choice except to return my quest 2 and seek another brand of vr...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let there be an option to delete pictures from the mobile app

Hi i just realized that you can not delete pictures that have been synced to the mobile app even if you delete them on the headset. Please give the option to delete pictures and videos on the mobile app without having to factory reset the headset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. if you could add steam that would be amazing.

There is this game I want on steam which is not supported by the oculus quest. You could do that or just add the game to the quest. It is called blades and sourcery.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve iPad comptability for Oculus Quest App

Hi guys, I understand that the Oculus iOS app is fully compatible with iPhones and works great, but when it comes to iPads, the app isn’t fully compatible with them because when using the app on an iPad, the app will stay in vertical mode as it is on an iPhone, regardless of whether or not the Screen Rotation Lock is off. This is a suggestion to make the Oculus app for iPad more compatible, so we can view it in horizontal mode! The app is fully functional on iPad for connecting with the Oculus, but the experience would be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restore Oculus gallery app on Quest

Oculus Gallery no longer works and there is no other way to safely view 360 content from local media servers.

When I contacted support i was advised to vote for this.

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest-2-and-quest/suggestions/41630992-bring-oculus-gallery-to-quest2

This cant be a democratic vote. This is a feature we paid for when we bought it . They simply cant take it away. And no we should not be required to vote if we need it or not. They cant take this feature away without providing a functional alternative.

I raised a BBB complaint and hope there are enough complaints already for them to take this issue…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide/Remove software entirely from library

I’d like to be able to completely remove or hide software such as game demos or free software I don’t use/want.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make video sharing to PC and Messenger available again for secondary accounts

Please make video sharing to PC and Messenger available again for secondary accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. to have a proper i pad app so we can use ladscape mode eg if we use the remote srean shre mode

make a ipad app so we can use landscape mode eg if you are with someone like you grandma or grandad or mum or dad. robert cleary thanks for your time .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Oculus Companion App (cannot be the only option of doing things with so many bugs)

I purchased the Oculus Quest 2 last week and at the first attempt of setting it up, I found out that the Oculus App is the only way to do it.
    This is an issue since the App has numerous bugs, specifically with pairing the headset on android phones.
    I tried 3 different phones with Android version 5.0 and 5.1.1 and none succeeded in pairing with the set. I borrowed a friend phone with Andoird 7.1.1 which eventually worked.
    I thought I was done with the app but then I discovered you can only request a refund through the App. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow additional users on a headset to stream to their own phone app

Right now you can only pair one headset to one app on one phone (the Admin's phone specifically). It would be great if additional users were allowed to pair the headset to their own Oculus app on their own phone. So that they can stream what they are playing to their phones as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make a Perminate Air Link Option When PC starts

It would be nice for the Oculus app to have an option to perminately have air link on when you start the app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Idea: Oculus app/UI should provide access to oculus social hub and games via third party (pcvr) headsets such as the valve index.

Idea: Oculus app/UI should provide access to oculus social hub and games via third party (pcvr) headsets such as the valve index, such would result in not oculus vr users to fund oculus via games etc. As such I bought my gf a quest 2 and I have the valve index, If i could access oculus games via oculus pc app and open social ui of oculus via the oculus app from the headset itself how oculus does with the steam vr app and air link, it would make me likely to actually get oculus games for both her and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. World war 2 experience app

Create a world war 2 experience app. It Would be great for education and be an amazing experience.

Have multiple scenes of different battles from the beginning of the war to the end. For example a scene from the blitz to the Normandy landings. Even try and make something interactive.

Having an Vr experience like this will make people truly appreciate what our country went through for freedom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Horizon Events (NBA, SHOWS, KICKBOXING FIGHTS) Poor Video Quality even with 1GBps Wireless Speed.

Watching the NBA in 480p is not cool at all. I own Oculus Quest 2 so 1080p should be obtainable
    The video quality is too poor,.......unless we can get a 1080p quality, I'll stop straining my eyes to a 360/480p NBA Game.
    FYI I have a near 1GBps internet speed so UL/DL throughput is not the issue...I am worried bout the render quality from the Horizon Events.
    I recommend a cloud front content delivery with enough buffer for the render. Users will not worry about losing a few seconds of live event (most people won't even know the difference). Use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Watch TV with Oculus

My wife has limited vision. Making Oculus Quest 2 able to watch regular Cable TV would be a hit with people who suffer from limited vision. Build an App that allows you to connect the headset to your TV so you can watch cable TV through the headset would be a good move for Oculus to attract more customers and thereby sell on heck of a lot more people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. r from limited vision c

My wife has limited vision. Making Oculus Quest 2 able to watch regular Cable TV would be a hit with people who suffer from limited vision. Build an App that allows you to connect the headset to your TV so you can watch cable TV through the headset would be a good move for Oculus to attract more customers and thereby sell on heck of a lot more people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Cast unknown sources

Casting everything in the headset is crucial for guiding and sharing experiences in VR. Please support casting projects from unknown sources. This is helpful for devs, tinkerers, and folks who want to experiment with VR but aren't ready or don't want to monetize their projects and submit to the Oculus Store.

1,105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow volume to be silent when casting to iOS app

I use casting to monitor what other people are doing in VR, I don't need to hear their audio (they're close enough I can hear the sound from the headset). However on the iOS app you can't turn the sound down to 0; it goes to 1%, but that's as low as you can go.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base