Add Educational Support
I realize we still may be in the minority here but I work at a school and plan to use the Quest with our students. As the Technology Coordinator, it's my job to purchase and support these devices. We just received the Quest and the support has been overwhelmingly positive. That being said, there are a few features that would help with adoption in the EDU sphere.
1) Allow a "management" account for purchasing apps that can they be assigned to devices.
2) Discounts on bulk purchases (similar to the VPP store on Apple)
3) Management portal for devices. Allow admins to name devices, see battery charge, and which apps are installed on the device.
4) Allow us to block the store on the Quest or restrict content to certain age groups (already have a pin set for purchases but need more control)
5) Most important! Allow purchase of apps using Purchase Orders as a means of payment.
Again, there "could" be a huge market here for education but certain options need to be available for us in order to make it successful within the school. If some of these options would not be available for development by Oculus then at least allow 3rd party companies like Mosyle or JAMF the ability to develop these tools via APIs.
How are you managing multiple Quests now? I too work in education but nervous to expand from the 6 headsets I have now to a full class set without these features. Thanks for the post.