Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Thanks for helping us improve Oculus Quest! We're now taking all suggestions on our Oculus Community Forums. All suggestions, votes, and comments from here have been migrated, along with matching accounts. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and are looking forward to seeing you on our broader community.

As a reminder, topics are labeled in the following areas:
  • Companion App: This category is for feedback relating to the Oculus mobile app, specifically for how the mobile app interacts with the Oculus Go platform.
  • Core Software: All Oculus Go main menu, navigation, and settings feedback should be left under this category.
  • First Party Apps: This category is for in-VR apps created by Oculus, like Venues and Rooms.
  • General: Use this category for any feedback that doesn’t fit neatly into one of the other more specific categories.
  • Store: The place where all VR app purchasing takes place.

1. Backup saved game progress

Introduce a feature which enables the user to backup any saved game progress to the cloud before performing a factory reset.

The recent update to Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy's Edge caused an installation issue and forced me to have to factory reset my device. This deleted all my saved game progress on said game and several others I had installed.

Not the end of the world, but still quite frustrating. Introducing such a feature would be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Missing Download Window

I have noticed that after update V35 loaded, the small download window no longer appears. I confirmed with Oculus Support that V35 eliminated the window. I found the download window to be useful for confirming a download was occurring, monitoring progress and completion of the download. I would like this feature to be returned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. stationary boundary

Since v34 the stationary boundary cannot be deactivated when the controllers are outside the zone(cf: image), there was an option to do that in experimental mode but not anymore, it's supposed to be by default now, but not for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix Oculus Virtual Audio Device crackling issue

After extended exchange with support, they confirmed there is an issue with Oculus Virtual Audio Device software. Please fix it.

See tickets 3659021 and 3601445 for full details.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Oculus needs to be a multi-app combining and more affordable .

Hi i hope this can be made possible . Here it is . The Oculus 2 seems to be the crossing the fingers future perfect tool for the digital workforce and every adolescents dreem Christmas present if it already is . With this said for myself as a work from home multi tasking full time online worker and active father of 6 if the Quest was compatible and even uplifted these apps it would greatly make my work life and my 30 seconds to myself time a hole lot better as well all around . The QUEST has to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow additional users on a headset to stream to their own phone app

Right now you can only pair one headset to one app on one phone (the Admin's phone specifically). It would be great if additional users were allowed to pair the headset to their own Oculus app on their own phone. So that they can stream what they are playing to their phones as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Companion App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable app sharing on more than one device at a time!

I just bought myself 4 oculus quest devices, figuring it will be fun for friends and family when coming over in the holidays and new years. On the package it only said it required a facebook account. Okay, I have a facebook account I thought to myself. But now Im stuck with 2 almost useless devices sinceapp sharing only works on one device at a time. And I cant make myself 3 new facebook profiles to even buy the games 4 times without breaking the rules and get banned. I assume that happens fast when 4 accounts have the same…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An option to DISABLE the headset proximity sensor.

So that i can give the headset to a friend wihtout automatically pausing / black screen the app if i want to show him something particular.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Core Software / Guardian  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fight Training MARVEL theme

I want to learn how to fight in a VR simulated world where I am an Avenger. So I would like to learn actual fight moves and have a body scan where I don't necessarily strain myself because I'm doing moves improperly. Just like with the supernatural workout app, I would definitely appreciate training modules where you learn certain moves and there are ways to see if you are doing something effectively through a body scan. Even with the supernatural app, I wish there was a way for them to do a better body scan so they can tell you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  First Party Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Virtual Enviroment Customization

The Virtual Environment, or Home Screen, of the Oculus is a very appealing sight, no matter what room or style you choose. But it lacks mobility for exploration of your new Environment. Not only should you allow users to walk around in their virtual homes, but allow them to redecorate. As an added bonus, advertise to all Game Developers for Oculus games to include unlockable decorations for their games that players can display in their virtual environments. It enhances the markets value by enabling a better user experience and connectivity to their virtual space.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Log in with Messenger accounts

There was a period when people could sign up for Messenger without having a Facebook account. It'd be good to allow those users to use that account to log into their Quest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it clearer that referral links are domestic-only

Sending a US referral link to a Canadian recipient (or vice-versa) yields an error, but it doesn't explain why. It would be very helpful if this could be explained in the ToS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cinema

Have an app to like big screen or even add this to big screen were you can buy a ticket to watch new releases just like a cinema but watch them in vr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put blade and sorcery on original quest as well

I bought the oculus quest when it first came out I was a supporter for the development of the quest also and when I saw blade and sorcery came out I was excited and I bought it only to be disappointed to realize you guys only made it for quest 2 so original quest owners who have been waiting for so long for this game like me will never be able to play it because we bought the quest and not the quest 2 and again I bought the quest when it first came out and it’s still in perfect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Workroom BETA: pair your visor with multiple workrooms

Currently, it is not possible to connect the oculus viewer to 2 workrooms at the same time.

It would be very useful to be able to pair your visor with multiple workrooms to collaborate with your colleagues, but also in other work environments created by other users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let one-handed people play games, where you usually would need two hands.

Could you make a way to disable one of your controllers?

My twelve year-old brother was born with half a left arm, and I let him try playing as the tree in Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!, which made him want to get an Oculus Quest 2. I would love to be able to play Rec Room with my brother, or any other game for that matter, but he can't use his left controller.
    Could you implement a one-handed mode to the Quests, where if it was turned on, the games that support it would be playable. You could also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Facebook sucks.

Dont make Facebook accounts a necessety. It's almost a perfect system minus the battery life and login process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This is a game idea ...

It would be REALLLLLLLYYY awesome to have a game like apex on VR or something where you can transform into different characters that have different abilities that you can control via motions. ( im obsessed with wraith ) Maybe not a battle royal I dont think VR is advanced enough for that but that would also be insane. Or s sword fighting game that actually depends on remembering certain combinations / real skill sets ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove fading to white of interface/menus when getting close

I am visually impaired (severally near sighted), but prior to quest v34 was able to get around menu navigation issues by just getting up close to the text.

In v34 for some reason, menus and panels will fade to white when I get to close to them. This makes reading small text in menus (despite maximizing text size) extremely, unnecessarily strenuous.

Being able to just walk up to a menu, close enough to a few inches in front, was one of the strong points for me, please bring it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make a way to just browse the local file of the game you want to modify so its easier to edit game files etc.

its really hard to access the local file of games in the oculus app, it would be way easier to edit game files and saves, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Categories